Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Line of Duty (BBC) **Spoilers**

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,044 ✭✭✭appledrop

Ronaldinho wrote: »
    If I had to put money on someone not being whiter than white it'd be Hastings.

Why is he so obsessed and driven about anti-corruption? Maybe guilt about something from his past.

I think I'd actually feel physically sick if it was Ted.

Noooooooooooooooooo don't do it Jed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,015 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

OK till till next week, it's certainly getting intriguing, night all :)

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,191 ✭✭✭RandomViewer

cml387 wrote: »
    Black Range Rovers. What does Jed Mercurio have against them? They featured in Bodyguard as well. It's a kind of motif.

It's the vehicle of choice for bad guys, big with a decent turn of speed,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,550 ✭✭✭ShineOn7

Degag wrote: »
    I doubt they edited the programme in the last week to remove half a beep.

I meant that maybe Mercurio took the feedback on board for this Season to keep the "Beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep!"s shorter

Wasn't it shorter last week too?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 904 ✭✭✭Tazium

If I had to put money on someone not being whiter than white it'd be Hastings.

Why is he so obsessed and driven about anti-corruption? Maybe guilt about something from his past.

Did he maybe have an affair where Stephanie Corbett is actually his daughter?

And John and Jo are both related siblings?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭Hercule Poirot

ShineOn7 wrote: »
    I meant that maybe Mercurio took the feedback on board for this Season to keep the "Beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep!"s shorter

Currently on season 4 of my rewatch and the beeeeep is really fùcking annoying

• Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭Hercule Poirot

Tazium wrote: »
    Did he maybe have an affair where Stephanie Corbett is actually his daughter?

And John and Jo are both related siblings?

John was born in Belfast so if anything it's more likely that he is Hastings son

• Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭Ronaldinho

appledrop wrote: »
    I think I'd actually feel physically sick if it was Ted.

Noooooooooooooooooo don't do it Jed.

I dunno - I just have this niggling suspicion that there's something from his past [before the timeline of the series] that will be developed later in the story.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,980 ✭✭✭Degag

Thought it was very long in an interview a few episodes... probably the one with Terry Boyle.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,194 ✭✭✭Talisman

I would have thought Witness Protection was his only option once the OCG had sent an armed gang to kill him. Going back inside was such a stupid thing to do
    The OCG got to Tommy Hunter while he was in Witness Protection.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,130 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

The prisoner seemed very familiar with Chloe

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭SimonTemplar

Ted being involved with the OCG would be a serious jump the shark moment for me. It would pretty much undermine the whole premise of the show.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,980 ✭✭✭Degag

The fella that killed Jimmy looked like he was fairly sure that Jimmy was a rat.... and if JImmy did give information to Steve in the van the information could only have come from one place:eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Ryan, eh? It'll be nice to see him killed some day

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 904 ✭✭✭Tazium

John was born in Belfast so if anything it's more likely that he is Hastings son

Gotcha, could also help explain why Hastings is helping Stephanie.

So John and Jo? Siblings??

Just read this
    Jo Davidson will be Matthew "Dot" Cottan's sister, both groomed or children to Tommy Hunter and placed in the force by the OCG.

H isn't a person but a place... Hillside, the stronghold for getting bent coppers through the ranks before being posted elsewhere. Was mentioned back in series 1 that Dot was posted there.

Children to Hunter? Nah, I wouldn't by that

Both groomed by him though? Yes, that's possible

Jo's massive anger at her Mother's picture ties in with her Mother letting Hunter groom her

Yea when he said he name Chloe there is no need for the that about turning on the tape.

Would you really call the officers interviewing you by their first names?

Yep it's back on its Chloe.

I dunno - I just have this niggling suspicion that there's something from his past [before the timeline of the series] that will be developed later in the story.

It almost definitely will be

But I'd bet money on Ted being a very flawed human, but not a bent copper

• Registered Users Posts: 8,195 ✭✭✭bottlebrush

Degag wrote: »
    The fella that killed Jimmy looked like he was fairly sure that Jimmy was a rat.... and if JImmy did give information to Steve in the van the information could only have come from one place:eek:

Was that Lee Banks who killed lakewell ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭SimonTemplar

One possible ending I can think of is that Osbourne is revealed to be H and is taken down. The person who succeeds him as Chief Constable recognizes Ted's work and recedes his forced retirement and AC-12's merger. That's assuming Jed wants to leave the possibility of another season open.

• Advertisement

Lakewell?

I'll have to go back and watch that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,512 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Yes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,455 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

Yeah pretty sure it was Lee Banks

Alastair-Natkiel-plays-Lee-in-Line-of-Duty-cb4778d.jpg

Yes

And Banks was also the surname of the other guy an episode or two back who had his throat slit (likely by Ryan)

Lakewell?

I'll have to go back and watch that

Yep do and it was like when he said it he coped for a sec shouldn't have said her name and then turned it into no need for the tape.

Definitely the best episode in a long time. Have watched it twice now, there's so much to process.

I thought that Tommy Hunter was the obvious candidate for Davidson's blood relative. Another possible candidate is Patrick Fairbank. His DNA would not be on file in the police elimination database if it was introduced after he retired. As a convicted child abuser his DNA would be recorded in another database.

Not a chance - Hastings ordered Steve to kill him in the last series.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,760 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

"What was the cause of death?"

"Being a rat, Ma'am"

Shivers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,443 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

Cracking show tonight but the someone needs to tell the writers to stop doing the "looking out the window" schtick.. they are kinda overdoing it at this stage

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,062 ✭✭✭trashcan

Ryan, eh? It'll be nice to see him killed some day

Oh yes, make it happen Jed, the audience demands it :cool: Steve to get his revenge, or Kate if he tries to take her out and she gets the better of him.

I too thought Lakewell said something to Steve in the van. The little nod from Steve definitely made it look that way. Not a clue who Davidson’s relation is, though I don’t think it can be a cop. Great cliffhanger to end on.

Advertisement