Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Line of Duty (BBC) **Spoilers**

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭Larsso30

trashcan wrote: »
    Oh yes, make it happen Jed, the audience demands it :cool: Steve to get his revenge, or Kate if he tries to take her out and she gets the better of him.

I too thought Lakewell said something to Steve in the van. The little nod from Steve definitely made it look that way. Not a clue who Davidson’s relation is, though I don’t think it can be a cop. Great cliffhanger to end on.

Lakewell defo told Steve something, 100%. The nod was obvious

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,550 ✭✭✭ShineOn7

Ryan, eh? It'll be nice to see him killed some day

The actor playing him is doing superb

That look he gave Jo when she tried to fire him. He went from all innocent and youthful to legit gangster in a split second

Also, this from the actor who played Dot

https://twitter.com/Cparks1976/status/1381351855947710467

Yeah pretty sure it was Lee Banks

Alastair-Natkiel-plays-Lee-in-Line-of-Duty-cb4778d.jpg

Did we ever get a proper reason why Ted visited him in prison off duty?

Talisman wrote: »
    Another possible candidate is Patrick Fairbank.

They showed flashes of Fairbank in this Season's first episode, we haven't seen the last of him or Osborne for something major this year

After watching and re-watching the show so much I've gotten used to Mercurio's signalling of things to come

My money is still on Osborne being 4th H/Main H

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭carltonleon

I only started watching LOD from this series so a novice but my wife has watched them all and she reckons it was some girl from Series 1 that was Jo Davison’s sister. She did say the name to me but having not seen it, it mean’t nothing to me. And surely if Davison was annoyed at her mother for letting this hunter guy groom her as was said a few posts back then she would hardly have a photo of her on show.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,215 ✭✭✭Sunrise_Sunset

appledrop wrote: »
    Yep do and it was like when he said it he coped for a sec shouldn't have said her name and then turned it into no need for the tape.

And in the same scene he called Steve "DI Arnott", not by his first name, but he called Chloe by hers.
    I must look back to watch the scene where Chloe and Steve visit Jimmy in prison. Did Steve even introduce her as Chloe?? Or as DC Bishop? How would he know her first name?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,863 ✭✭✭Pentecost

And in the same scene he called Steve "DI Arnott", not by his first name, but he called Chloe by hers.
    I must look back to watch the scene where Chloe and Steve visit Jimmy in prison. Did Steve even introduce her as Chloe?? Or as DC Bishop? How would he know her first name?

I think Steve said DC Chloe Bishop but I may be wrong.

Ryan's execution style stance

Exactly how the journalist was killed

ici9tg1p5ms61.jpg

ShineOn7 wrote: »
    Ryan's execution style stance

Exactly how the journalist was killed

ici9tg1p5ms61.jpg

Don't AC12 have surveillance on him at this point? If so they should know that he visited her home address.

Don't AC12 have surveillance on him at this point? If so they should know that he visited her home address.

Surveillance on him before the journalist was killed?

No, Kate only copped who he was afterwards

• Advertisement

They'd already said that they weren't on him all the time and that he knew how to dodge surveillance. Though it was Chloe that said it..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 252 ✭✭Wallet Inspector

Osborne way too obvious to be H imo.
    Tazium wrote: »
    Gotcha, could also help explain why Hastings is helping Stephanie.
    Hastings was the investigator into the death of John Corbett's father back in Belfast in the late '80s.

Knew there'd be consequences for Jo attempting to transfer Ryan. Bit stupid.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,194 ✭✭✭Talisman

Did we ever get a proper reason why Ted visited him in prison off duty?
    It has been speculated that Hastings told Lee Banks who Corbett was in retaliation for Corbett's attack on his wife.

• Moderators Posts: 6,870 ✭✭✭Spocker

Pentecost wrote: »
    I think Steve said DC Chloe Bishop but I may be wrong.

You're correct, thats how she was introduced

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭SimonTemplar

Maybe Lakewell knew that someone in Witness Protection is bent which is why he didn't go down that route. I wonder does Osbourne as Chief Constable have access to Witness Protection information.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,443 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

Pentecost wrote: »
    They'd already said that they weren't on him all the time and that he knew how to dodge surveillance. Though it was Chloe that said it..

Yeah but given that they know he was following Davidson, parking up at her house seems an obvious one.

Some really on the ball people online tonight
    The main criminal in tonight's episode was the murder of grammar

02jits0wdms61.jpg

:pac:

Spocker wrote: »
    You're correct, thats how she was introduced

It does seem a bit too informal though. Considering in the same scene he called Steve "DI Arnott".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭SimonTemplar

At this stage, I'd be p*ssed off if H isn't revealed by the end of the season. Even if there are future seasons, that mystery can't be held back any longer.

lawred2 wrote: »
    Yeah but given that they know he was following Davidson, parking up at her house seems an obvious one.

True. Unless someone decided they wouldn't be there that night and told OCG/Ryan. I love that we all have another week to run through all these theories.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,044 ✭✭✭appledrop

Yea when I first watched it I said to my husband , how did he know he name and then my husband said oh sure they visited him in prison.

But know I'm not so sure if they did say her name!

Ohhh this one definitely needs a rewatch.

What of Buckell's involvement? I don't really know what to make of that now.

It does seem a bit too informal though. Considering in the same scene he called Steve "DI Arnott".

I thought of it more as a sign that he didn't take her seriously.

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭HiGlo

Jofspring wrote: »
    Ya has to be Tommy Hunter surely. Based on how nervous buckles was he is obviously in it more out of fear than actually being some kind of mastermind.

The comment aimed at Arnott I found strange, "I didn't talk, did I DC Arnott". Felt like it was his way of saying please get my message back to the OCG that I'm not a rat.

I took Lakewell’s comment to Steve to imply that Lakewell actually did talk, unofficially in the back of the van (given he clarified in the van with Steve that because of the situation they were in whatever he said couldn’t be officially used as evidence so no one would know where the info came from). I am expecting that he spoke freely and told Steve stuff.
    Given the attempt on his life he was basically saying to Steve, keep stchum! Now that Lakewell is dead Steve will be able to reveal what was said next week... 🀷ðŸ»*♀️

At this stage, I'd be p*ssed off if H isn't revealed by the end of the season. Even if there are future seasons, that mystery can't be held back any longer.

A million percent

I'm going fecking cross-eyed with how convoluted it's all become. You literally need a pen and a notepad for last year's 90 minute finale for example

If this isn't the final Season, I strongly suspect Mercurio will kill off Kate or Steve and the next Season will be a re-boot of sorts

• Registered Users Posts: 4,062 ✭✭✭trashcan

Some really on the ball people online tonight

02jits0wdms61.jpg

:pac:

An arrestable offence in itself ;)

What of Buckell's involvement? I don't really know what to make of that now.

He's not fully bent. Not in the "I'm bent because I want more power" sense

He's just an idiot they threatened to kill

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

It could only have come from AC12 about the route the cars would take.

That's why I think it was Chloe, she was first to notice the jeeps.

On a side note, actually really enjoying this season, they are tying up loose ends and keeping the story on track much better than S5.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 252 ✭✭Wallet Inspector

DrumSteve wrote: »
    It could only have come from AC12 about the route the cars would take.

That's why I think it was Chloe, she was first to notice the jeeps.
    Yeah I noticed that too. She did a similar "Did anyone see that?" thing as Jo did in ep one.

• Advertisement

trashcan wrote: »
    An arrestable offence in itself ;)

Somebody didn't know the law of letters ;)

Advertisement