Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Line of Duty (BBC) **Spoilers**

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭HiGlo

ShineOn7 wrote: »
    Same

She feels off in a way only Jed presents "good but they turn bad" characters

I wouldn’t think so....
    Lakewell himself inferred that high up people would know about him being taken from prison and that’s where the danger was.....
    I’ve assumed the missing piece here is Osbourne.... Hes clearly shown himself to be dodgy in the past (lying when his team made the mistake with the terrorist), he’s worked his way up and so has lots of power - and poss would have heard about the tactic to remove Lakewell.... He’s also gradually popping up again here and there in terms of Gail Vella’s investigation and the information Lakewell was talking to her about. Having not really been seen since the very beginning so could this be the final piece to tie it all together back to the start.....?
    I think Osbourne is the last dot/“H”....
    Buckles and Davidson are just suckers who got roped into botching investigations... Presumably through the influence/pressure from Ryan and others...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,550 ✭✭✭ShineOn7

Degag wrote: »
    I doubt they edited the programme in the last week to remove half a beep.

If they're reading feedback that fans are finding it very annoying it would be a quick 5 min fix in the editing room

Anyone here could snip that beeeeeeeeep! on old school Windows Movie Maker

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,503 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

i dont think ryan will face justice this series , i can see Kelly Mc Donalds character meeting a similar fate to Keely Hawes character in season 2 ( i think it was ) , she wasnt fully bent either but her career and reputation got killed

Yes, I'd buy this

By Mercurio's standards, it's not even that over the top

The speculation is that Jo is related to Tommy Hunter. Seems super plausible.

But I remember a discussion from a while back that centred on whether Hunter is actually dead or not. We don't see his face at all during the ambush, and we never see his face when he gets killed in the hospital.

So what if the Aker's ambush was all a set up to make sure everyone believed he had been killed... and the OCG removed him to somewhere safe?

In that case, Hunter is still alive and is still running the OCG, but is having to use encrypted laptops because he is in hiding and allowing everyone to believe that he is dead? Which would also mean it is Hunter who's talking to Jo and giving her instructions.

He definitely didn't give up any decent info on the OCG, because the police were considering removing his protection because he gave them nothing.
    He still remains, as far as we know, the most senior confirmed member of the OCG that we've seen on screen.

Also:

The person Jo was chatting to on the laptop was called User1976

This would tie in with Tommy's age

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭SimonTemplar

A million percent

I'm going fecking cross-eyed with how convoluted it's all become. You literally need a pen and a notepad for last year's 90 minute finale for example

If this isn't the final Season, I strongly suspect Mercurio will kill off Kate or Steve and the next Season will be a re-boot of sorts

AC-12 can still investigate bent coppers without those coppers being involved in a decade long conspiracy. No harm at all for a season to be a self contained story if done right.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭SimonTemplar

Some really on the ball people online tonight

02jits0wdms61.jpg

:pac:

A genuine mistake by the set dresser, or a subtle dig by the set dresser at police incompetence. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,906 ✭✭✭FourFourRED

Celchick wrote: »
    Yeah I noticed that too. She did a similar "Did anyone see that?" thing as Jo did in ep one.

If she was in on it, why would she give the others in the vehicle a heads up to sound the alarm sooner and be more prepared for the ambush?

A genuine mistake by the set dresser, or a subtle dig by the set dresser at police incompetence. :)

Very true

In the LOD Reddit thread on it they're saying that this can be par for the course with UK Police intelligence
    Caught that, was temporarily outraged, then remembered the spelling and grammar of Coppers I know in real life, and had to acknowledge the authenticity.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,060 ✭✭✭Sexual Chocolate

What's the issue with the sign ? Your as opposed to you're ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,968 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

I haven’t heard anybody mention that photo that Davidson smashed up in episode one of the series.

I think the Hunter link most certainly has legs. I was going to say it was her mother who was romantically linked to Hunter but I think Davidson is just an honest cop (a bit soft) who has been dragged into this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭HiGlo

If she was in on it, why would she give the others in the vehicle a heads up to sound the alarm sooner and be more prepared for the ambush?

Exactly. It makes zero sense at all for Chloe to be corrupt... Also, hasn’t that kind of been done already with the Dot thing?!? Can’t see Jed recycling old storylines...

At the end of the day, they’ve got 2 vehicles with armed officers with them so CLEARLY have already anticipated that something might happen so they’re all primed to keep their eyes open...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,471 ✭✭✭MfMan

Still can't believe how they were able to turn the van over, just under the window where the sniper was. Very convenient.

Who was the actor playing Lakewell? Looks familiar..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 252 ✭✭Wallet Inspector

ShagNastii wrote: »
    I haven’t heard anybody mention that photo that Davidson smashed up in episode one of the series.
    It has been wondered whether that's her mother and also John Corbett's mother.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,458 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

HiGlo wrote: »
    Exactly. It makes zero sense at all for Chloe to be corrupt... Also, hasn’t that kind of been done already with the Dot thing?!? Can’t see Jed recycling old storylines...

At the end of the day, they’ve got 2 vehicles with armed officers with them so CLEARLY have already anticipated that something might happen so they’re all primed to keep their eyes open...

Ive said it before but it would be unbelievably contrived to have someone such as Chloe as an undercover OCG member in AC12. Ted and Steve are massively paranoid of corruption and would have anyone working on their team vetted within an inch of their life, particularly given all the inside men and women up to this season. To have someone under their noses would really weaken their characters and their perceived abilities that it would degrade all prior seasons.

Much like the theories of Ted being H, it would really be a nonsensical swerve for shock value alone with little logic that would undermine an awful lot of work done to date.

There's a simple explanation that Jimmy referred to her as Chloe as he's only ever known her as Chloe yet Steve was known to him formally as DS Arnott from investigations prior.

Also, Jimmy 100% confided in Steve.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,968 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

MfMan wrote: »

Neil, the Swindon boss from the UK office.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 252 ✭✭Wallet Inspector

I think Lakewell was just being flirty with Chloe. Good looking young woman - he was being a condescending twat, not taking her seriously, is all, imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭oneilla

What of Buckell's involvement? I don't really know what to make of that now.

Probably blackmailed with his dna from the brothel like Hargreaves. Buckies sexting hinted at what he's like.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,027 ✭✭✭Vestiapx

appledrop wrote: »
    I'm definitely wondering if Chloe is the leak.

If it was someone in the prison its hardly likely AC 12 would have given them much notice about taking him out?

That would hardly have given OCG time to organise the armed attack and have the sniper also in place.

Meanwhile Steve, Chloe and Ted discussed Steve's plan the day before so plenty of time for it to be leaked.

I could be wrong but what do you think?
    Only one of the team would know the route, so it's clear that new Kate (Chloe ) is ocg.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭Hercule Poirot

Vestiapx wrote: »
    Only one of the team would know the route, so it's clear that new Kate (Chloe ) is ocg.

To be fair there's about ten AFO's with them so it might be one of them

Although I was suspicious when Chloe couldn't open the door and sent Josie up in her place

Also, had to laugh at Buckells absolutely sh1tting himself while making the tea - I think there might be more to the initials thing that was mentioned in his interview as well

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,130 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Dots podcast is great, he’s very enthusiastic:) Neil Morrissey is his caller this week. Chris lomax under suspicion:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

To be fair there's about ten AFO's with them so it might be one of them

Although I was suspicious when Chloe couldn't open the door and sent Josie up in her place

Also, had to laugh at Buckells absolutely sh1tting himself while making the tea - I think there might be more to the initials thing that was mentioned in his interview as well

Chloe has legs due to not opening the door (and calling for evacuation where the sniper was) and also the fact they have mentioned with Ryan that proper screening wasn't in place until recently.

Finally she such a bland character there has to be something to her.

Celchick wrote: »
    I think Lakewell was just being flirty with Chloe. Good looking young woman - he was being a condescending twat, not taking her seriously, is all, imo.

He said her name in a familiar way I found that odd.

Anyone know buckles phone abbreviations?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,512 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Yes, I'd buy this

By Mercurio's standards, it's not even that over the top

Also:

The person Jo was chatting to on the laptop was called User1976

This would tie in with Tommy's age

that would make tommy 45 now and much younger when he first appeared in season 1. he is at least 10 years older than that.

At this stage, I'd be p*ssed off if H isn't revealed by the end of the season. Even if there are future seasons, that mystery can't be held back any longer.

Just because you demand to know, doesn’t mean you will know.

MfMan wrote: »
    Still can't believe how they were able to turn the van over, just under the window where the sniper was. Very convenient.

the ambush was well planned so they had a good idea where it stop. the sniper didn't appear immediately so took a little time to get into position after the van stopped.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Officer Giggles

He said her name in a familiar way I found that odd.

Anyone know buckles phone abbreviations?

I presumed the abbreviations were to remind Buckles what the women looked like

Tommy Hunter is 61

Tommy Hunter is 61

According to the line of duty Wiki he was born in 1965.

According to the line of duty Wiki he was born in 1965.

56 oops my maths

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭messrs

I only started watching LOD from this series so a novice but my wife has watched them all and she reckons it was some girl from Series 1 that was Jo Davison’s sister. She did say the name to me but having not seen it, it mean’t nothing to me. And surely if Davison was annoyed at her mother for letting this hunter guy groom her as was said a few posts back then she would hardly have a photo of her on show.

I thought when Steve was telling Ted about the blood relative part he said that he was related to Jo so leading us to believe it was a male character:confused: Will need to re watch that scene to be sure though!

Advertisement