Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Line of Duty (BBC) **Spoilers**

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭Ceist_Beag

Great entertainment last night but tbh it's really stretching the bounds of credibility at times. Some thoughts on it.
    Lakewell gave Steve information in the van - the nods in the interview confirmed as much.
    Lakewell must have known he was a dead man walking by opting to go back to prison, that bit was stretching things a bit for the drama!
    Chloe was certainly being portrayed as the leak and her comment that it could have come from AC12 was a bluff for cover. However I think she's too obvious to be the leak.
    The relative of Jo is not a cop as the widened the DNA search outside of cops and this is when they found the link. So it can't be Corbett (or any other cop).
    Buckles is not H! He must know something given the fact he was made witness Lakewell's killing but he's just another pawn, not a big player.
    The lad playing Ryan is great - what a character.
    Unfortunately I can't say the same for Kelly McDonald, she's really poor in this.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭MoonUnit75

messrs wrote: »
    I thought when Steve was telling Ted about the blood relative part he said that he was related to Jo so leading us to believe it was a male character:confused: Will need to re watch that scene to be sure though!

Yes, male, a 'nominal in an OCG' and not in the police DNA database so not a cop.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,012 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

I kind of want Jo's relation to be Tommy Hunter, it would nicely tie all the series in together nicely.

Maybe she threw the wine at the photo of her mam as it's because of her that she is being caught up in it all, even though she doesn't want any involvement. Tommy (or OCG) blackmailing Jo with her mam being held captive perhaps?

Ceist_Beag wrote: »
    Great entertainment last night but tbh it's really stretching the bounds of credibility at times. Some thoughts on it.
    Lakewell gave Steve information in the van - the nods in the interview confirmed as much.
    Lakewell must have known he was a dead man walking by opting to go back to prison, that bit was stretching things a bit for the drama!
    Chloe was certainly being portrayed as the leak and her comment that it could have come from AC12 was a bluff for cover. However I think she's too obvious to be the leak.
    The relative of Jo is not a cop as the widened the DNA search outside of cops and this is when they found the link. So it can't be Corbett (or any other cop).
    Buckles is not H! He must know something given the fact he was made witness Lakewell's killing but he's just another pawn, not a big player.
    Unfortunately I can't say the same for Kelly McDonald, she's really poor in this.

Yeah I can't see Chloe being the leak, they would need authorisation from higher up in the AFO team and the prison. Lakewell was ready to go as soon as they pulled in so it wasn't like they raided the prison for him, they knew he was going somewhere.

In Lakewell's first interview Arnott and Bishop said they had proof Lakewell was discussing the cases with a journalist, the prison guard would have heard that so he would be a marked man from that point on.

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭I told ya

Was it the same prison officer at the interview and when Lakewell returned to his cell?

Can't understand why he went back to prison. Especially, after the ambush.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,503 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

Tommy Hunter is 61

and looked every minute of it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,130 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Hunter is too obvious

Jo is in debt to the Ocg , what do they have on her?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

ejmaztec wrote: »
    As long as the charming little lad (Ryan?) gets his comeuppance, I don't care what happens to the rest of them.:mad:

I'm wondering whether he's based on someone who bullied the writer when he was a kid.

Its been almost 10 years.

He will eventually get his comeuppance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,380 ✭✭✭funkey_monkey

MfMan wrote: »
    Still can't believe how they were able to turn the van over, just under the window where the sniper was. Very convenient.

Who was the actor playing Lakewell? Looks familiar..

Not to mention one-shot-stevie the deadly sniper with a handgun who spends most of his days at a desk and has chronic back pain.

Not to mention one-shot-stevie the deadly sniper with a handgun who spends most of his days at a desk and has chronic back pain.

He was counter terrorism before AC-12.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,177 ✭✭✭McFly85

I think Hunters a good shout. It could be the OCG were able to get to Jo by threatening to out her connection to Hunter and ruin her career if she didn’t go along with what they wanted.

Cracking episode aside from that this week, Ryan can be properly terrifying, Lakewell 100% confided in Steve and I can’t wait to see how the potential closure of AC-12 plays out. It feels like it could be the last season, but who knows!! Another long week of speculation ahead!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭Hercule Poirot

I think the Scottish angle is throwing people towards Hunter, the only other Scottish person of note is Dryden but I doubt he'll be brought back - and it doesn't need to be a Scottish person, could be a cousin or half sibling

So we know it's not a copper or someone previously convicted but it's someone we know? Or anyone who has died in relation to the case?

Surely that's a very small window but can't think of anyone

Hunter is too obvious

Jo is in debt to the Ocg , what do they have on her?

Hunter is the most obvious but really the only major character that fits, if the writing is spot on. Steve mentioned that Jo's DNA wouldn't have been compared with the offender database when she joined, she must be there at least 15-20 years at her rank so it should be an older character with a record stretching back that far. The accents fit, Hastings knew the name straight off and was shocked so sounds like a major player.

On top of that, Hunter is dead so that fits with the rest of the gang not being afraid of whoever Jo is related to, but she seems afraid she will be found out in her job.

My hunches would be:

Hunter.

Carl Banks, would explain her delaying the raid. On the other hand she wasn't too shocked at the discovery of his body.

Lee Banks.

Curve ball contender: The guy Danny, the AFO in series 3, shot dead. Ronan Murphy?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,443 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

Ceist_Beag wrote: »

*looks out window*

I think my missus might be H

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

the ambush was well planned so they had a good idea where it stop. the sniper didn't appear immediately so took a little time to get into position after the van stopped.

A bit too convenient, given that that van could have rolled any which way.
    They didn't need to have the sniper there, they could have just shown one of the balaclava lads look around and decide to get up for a better shot.
    Chloe has legs due to not opening the door (and calling for evacuation where the sniper was) and also the fact they have mentioned with Ryan that proper screening wasn't in place until recently.

Finally she such a bland character there has to be something to her.

There's lingering looks to her as well, might be deliberate put doubt in the viewers minds.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 252 ✭✭Wallet Inspector

I think Kelly Macdonald is great.

It's her fellow Scot Martin Compston whom I'm not always so pushed about. Even though he is Steve and I'd be sorry to see him go!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,804 ✭✭✭mightyreds

razorblunt wrote: »
    A bit too convenient, given that that van could have rolled any which way.
    They didn't need to have the sniper there, they could have just shown one of the balaclava lads look around and decide to get up for a better shot.

The sniper had a good view of the entire road, the plan was probably incapacitate the van and pick them off when they got out.
    I would say Steve was lucky where the van ended rather than the sniper, full protection from the assault and sniper, plus an incredible vantage point to one shot the sniper in the head, which for me took me out of the scene a bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭gilly1910

ShineOn7 wrote: »
    Some really on the ball people online tonight

02jits0wdms61.jpg

:pac:

Ha ha fair play, well spotted :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,040 ✭✭✭steve_r

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,496 ✭✭✭Will I Am Not

Think some people here would be better off looking at Crimewatch instead. It’s a TV show, it’s only aim is to entertain. Don’t watch Game of Thrones btw. It’s got creatures that don’t even exist :eek:

In fairness once the sniper is within range he’d be useful, It just happened it was easy for him/her

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

Think some people here would be better off looking at Crimewatch instead. It’s a TV show, it’s only aim is to entertain. Don’t watch Game of Thrones btw. It’s got creatures that don’t even exist :eek:

sIlLYXQ.jpeg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

I think my missus might be H

Chances are we find you by the lake with your throat cut tomorrow morning, now that you've shown your hand

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,215 ✭✭✭Sunrise_Sunset

They said that the cops DNA would be checked against their own database so that would mean that when Chloe started her DNA would have shown up as a match for Tony Gates, if they were related. That probably rules out that theory.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭FortuneChip

What's the issue with the sign ? Your as opposed to you're ?

That's definately the issue.

A genuine mistake by the set dresser, or a subtle dig by the set dresser at police incompetence. :)

It’s possibly more realistic to have a grammar mistake

• Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭Hercule Poirot

But Steve said it was outside of their database so surely Hunter's, the Bank's and anyone dead is already in their database?

Or did he just mean the coppers database?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,095 ✭✭✭Jofspring

But Steve said it was outside of their database so surely Hunter's, the Bank's and anyone dead is already in their database?

Think he said the cop database. It was cross checked then with other databases like criminal and that's how the connection was found.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Officer Giggles

I understood it as being Outside the police personnel database

Advertisement