Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Line of Duty (BBC) **Spoilers**

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭MoonUnit75

But Steve said it was outside of their database so surely Hunter's, the Bank's and anyone dead is already in their database?

Or did he just mean the coppers database?

What I understood from it was that the DNA was tested against the police officers' database to exclude any of the team gathering the evidence. It wasn't known to be Jo's when collected so it was also checked against the offender databases on their and other police forces databases.

So in the end they ended up finding a full match in the police officer database (Jo) and separately found a strong partial match in one of the offenders databases. Hunter could have been convicted anywhere in the UK in the past. He was under witness protection when he was killed so not sure if he ended up getting convicted for anything. I think that was the kicker at the end of season 1, that Dot seemed to have gotten him off the hook and into witness protection.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,461 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

I told ya wrote: »
    Can't understand why he went back to prison. Especially, after the ambush.

Potentially to save Steve being killed. I think he knew he himself was a dead man wherever he went given the OCG's reach.

If the OCG knew that Steve/AC12 were formally aware of who was involved, they could have escalated things significantly and started taking them out given how exposed they were. Or would have gone to ground.

Perhaps Jimmy realised that if Steve informally knows rather than it being on record, he can work harder in the shadows to expose them without an immediate threat to life.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 941 ✭✭✭Typer Monkey

He said her name in a familiar way I found that odd.

Anyone know buckles phone abbreviations?
    I immediately thought...
    RGT - Really great tits
    FAF - Foxy as f*ck
    BJL - BJ lips
    etc 🀣
    He's not the sharpest tool in the shed!
    Buckles is just an eejit being used (and now threatened) by the OCG I'd say

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,087 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

I told ya wrote: »
    Was it the same prison officer at the interview and when Lakewell returned to his cell?

Can't understand why he went back to prison. Especially, after the ambush.

Was an awful decision from Steve and could have resulted in multiple deaths, ultimately the death of lakewell is on Steve. His bad decisions have resulted in multiple deaths. Roll on next Sunday.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,461 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

I immediately thought...
    RGT - Really great tits
    FAF - Foxy as f*ck
    BJL - BJ lips
    etc ��
    He's not the sharpest tool in the shed!
    Buckles is just an eejit being used (and now threatened) by the OCG I'd say

Yeah I recognised BJL and cringed hard. Wasn't too sure it was that till I saw the actual truncheon text. Grim stuff.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,512 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Was an awful decision from Steve and could have resulted in multiple deaths, ultimately the death of lakewell is on Steve. His bad decisions have resulted in multiple deaths. Roll on next Sunday.

what decision are you referring to?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,087 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

what decision are you referring to?

To take lakewell out, he was a dead man walking after that.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,512 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

not sure he has much alternative.

That was the point of taking him out under armed guard, Steve thought Lakewell was already for the chop after he and Chloe revealed he was talking to an assassinated journalist in front of the prison officer. Lakewell pretty much told them there and then that he couldn't talk in front of prison officers so Steve thought the only way to save Lakewell after that was to get him out of prison and into witness protection.

In the second interview Lakewell was trying to get Steve to answer 'yes' on the tape when he said 'I didn't talk, isn't that right Steve' but Steve only nodded. Steve must have gotten info but didn't want himself denying it on tape, for whenever it needs to be used.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,535 ✭✭✭dobman88

MoonUnit75 wrote: »
    That was the point of taking him out under armed guard, Steve thought Lakewell was already for the chop after he and Chloe revealed he was talking to an assassinated journalist in front of the prison officer. Lakewell pretty much told them there and then that he couldn't talk in front of prison officers so Steve thought the only way to save Lakewell after that was to get him out of prison and into witness protection.

In the second interview Lakewell was trying to get Steve to answer 'yes' on the tape when he said 'I didn't talk, isn't that right Steve' but Steve only nodded. Steve must have gotten info but didn't want himself denying it on tape, for whenever it needs to be used.

The tape wasnt on when he said that. He specifically told them not to turn it on as there was no need

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭I told ya

dobman88 wrote: »
    The tape wasnt on when he said that. He specifically told them not to turn it on as there was no need

So, could have been for the Solicitor to leak to the OCG.

dobman88 wrote: »

Thanks, I'd forgotten that bit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,044 ✭✭✭appledrop

The latest speculation online is that Chloe could be DCI Gates daughter from Series 1.

One of his daughters was called Chloe.

Mad I know but you just don't know its LOD.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

appledrop wrote: »
    The latest speculation online is that Chloe could be DCI Gates daughter from Series 1.

This has been speculation since the season started. Could be the case but seems like Gates daughter would be too young to be at that rank...

appledrop wrote: »

Possible but not really plausible. Not sure where it would fit in the plot since Tony wasn't involved with the OCG. The only twist that would make sense is for her to take out an Uzi and massacre everyone in AC-12 while shouting 'you drove my dad to suicide you f*****s!'.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,852 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

Degag wrote: »
    The fella that killed Jimmy looked like he was fairly sure that Jimmy was a rat.... and if JImmy did give information to Steve in the van the information could only have come from one place:eek:

Prison officer(s) who overheard the conversation between Steve and Jimmy about the latter's conversation with Gail Vella.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,361 ✭✭✭BrentMused

ShagNastii wrote: »
    Neil, the Swindon boss from the UK office.

"You don't see heels like those these days."

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,664 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hyzepher

I thought Kate and Ted's meeting in the tunnel was just ambiguous enough that it was meant to throw off the theory that she was undercover but still left the door wide open to the possibility. Actually looking at it again the wording was very precise as to look like he's thanking her for getting involved but could just as easily be that he's thanking her for going undercover despite the issue from last season

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭HiGlo

I'm just not buying the Chloe being a leak thing at all for a second.. It would be entirely ridiculous writing and Jed's not quite there yet...... After Dot & Maneet there's ZERO chance of ANOTHER corrupted cop in AC-12. That's just stupid.
    In the van Lakewell blatently said that the people higher up the chain knowing about him being taken from prison was where the risk was.... So we were basically told where to be looking....

Yeah I took the letters next to the names in Buckles phone to be sexual abbreviations or descriptive reminders. I would guess that's perhaps his connection to the ocg, they caught him with his pants down - literally - with a witness, and have held that over him to get him to botch investigations that get close to them... Low level ****, like they did with Maneet in AC-12.

Strongly reckon Osbourne is the 4th piece of that puzzle. Makes most sense to me.

The guy who plays Ryan is sooooo good. His death stare at Jo when she tried to move him away was chilling.....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭Hercule Poirot

Hyzepher wrote: »
    I thought Kate and Ted's meeting in the tunnel was just ambiguous enough that it was meant to throw off the theory that she was undercover but still left the door wide open to the possibility. Actually looking at it again the wording was very precise as to look like he's thanking her for getting involved but could just as easily be that he's thanking her for going undercover despite the issue from last season

She admits to Ted that she left because of the scrutiny both the unit and Ted were under - no need for her to say that unless there was a chance they were being recorded or observed, which they weren't

So she isn't undercover for Ted, but she might be undercover for Carmichael.......

• Advertisement

Oh dear god I don't think I'm going to be able to resist watching it all again. I don't have time for this!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,550 ✭✭✭ShineOn7

Think some people here would be better off looking at Crimewatch instead. It’s a TV show, it’s only aim is to entertain. Don’t watch Game of Thrones btw. It’s got creatures that don’t even exist :eek:

We're having fun trying to decipher Mercurio's highly convoluted plot and I personally haven't had this much online craic with a show since Lost

It certainly beats posts like "Great show this week, can't wait for next week". I mean, what exactly does that add to anything?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,353 ✭✭✭Porthallian

Nobody else thinking that PCC Rohan Sindwhani might be 'H'? That Gail Vella interview they found in EP.3 where she was asking him about about police cover-ups into child sex offenses, seemed to at least implicate him in some wrongdoings.

He's also mentioned how he was constantly keeping things out of the press. Then he lied in a public press conference about Operation Pear Tree and said it uncovered no links between police officers and organised crime.

Also, his right hand woman was Gill Biggeloe.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,852 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

Steve's shooting the sniper last night = Andy Garcia shooting the gangster at Union Station in the Untouchables. End of scene.

A cafe in Glasgow made these

90frbiesips61.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,859 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

BrentMused wrote: »
    "You don't see heels like those these days."

You can still get them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,194 ✭✭✭Talisman

Nobody else thinking that PCC Rohan Sindwhani might be 'H'? That Gail Vella interview they found in EP.3 where she was asking him about about police cover-ups into child sex offenses, seemed to at least implicate him in some wrongdoings.

He's also mentioned how he was constantly keeping things out of the press. Then he lied in a public press conference about Operation Pear Tree and said it uncovered no links between police officers and organised crime.

He's the PR side of Central Police, Osborne is the top boss. The decision to shutdown AC-12, AC-9 and AC-3 is Osborne's alone. The anti-corruption staff are being reduced in number by 90%, that is what Wise told Hastings when Sindwhani had left the room. For me that conversation was the most insightful part of the episode.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,507 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

I've thought for a while that he's the shiftiest looking of the lot of them.

Advertisement