Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Line of Duty (BBC) **Spoilers**

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,550 ✭✭✭ShineOn7

The moment Gregory Piper (Ryan) secured acting work for years to come

I can't find a video clip on Twitter where his face goes from innocent to gangster in a couple of seconds

Just a photo

https://twitter.com/Gerrykeogh2002/status/1381357332173586433

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,215 ✭✭✭Sunrise_Sunset

ShineOn7 wrote: »

I can't find a video clip on Twitter where his face goes from innocent to gangster in a couple of seconds

Just a photo

It was so good!!
    Looking forward to re-watching this episode tonight.

Brilliant

Twitter actually has it's uses sometimes

https://twitter.com/Domboyo/status/1381592951256670211?s=19

• Registered Users Posts: 3,496 ✭✭✭Will I Am Not

We're having fun trying to decipher Mercurio's highly convoluted plot and I personally haven't had this much online craic with a show since Lost

It certainly beats posts like "Great show this week, can't wait for next week". I mean, what exactly does that add to anything?

I was getting at the people complaining that parts of it were too coincidental and unbelievable. It’s just entertainment is all I’m saying.

I was getting at the people complaining that parts of it were too coincidental and unbelievable. It’s just entertainment is all I’m saying.

Ah cool

Yes very true. LOD has never been realistic in many ways

See: Steve when he was thrown over the balcony and cracked his head and his back. At best, he should never have walked again

And yet Mecurio goes out of his way to use accurate Police acronyms like CHIS

It's a strange mix at times

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

Is Osborne an all too obvious candidate for H?Everything pointing to it IMO.

Initially Matthew Cotton came to mind as a potential blood relative to Jo until I was reminded they'd scoured outside of the police database.:D

I'd like it to be the bad ass Tommy Hunter ( age differential would be hard to swallow ) or even Dryden with the whole Scots connection.

Not convinced Chloe is the leak,whole Chloe Tony Gates speculation meh.

Hopefully H will be revealed by season's end.

Would'nt be so certain Andrea Wise or more especially Rohan Sindwhani are'nt dirty.

The whole racist angle Lakelands mentioned is intriguing

Buckles is a nobody who it appears got blackmailed for an indiscretion with a witness.

Splendid episode BTW.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,461 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

seligehgit wrote: »
    Is Osborne an all too obvious candidate for H?Everything pointing to it IMO.

I don't think so. The series has always ensured that its shock reveals that fit the narrative. So dragging him up makes sense given his past and being in view since the very start creates a fantastic arc. He's only "too obvious" because every fan (myself included) has been banging on about him since the whole 4th H storyline started.

The show will pick up significant heat if its Ted as it just doesn't fit the narrative to date and would have no real value. Same if Chloe is undercover, it would be an appalling undermining of AC12 that again, wouldn't make sense.

Andrea Wise is for me the "too obvious to be H" choice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭trashcan

Brilliant

Twitter actually has it's uses sometimes

https://twitter.com/Domboyo/status/1381592951256670211?s=19

That’s fantastic :D

Just a photo

I think it’s brilliant that they’ve brought him back. He was such a little **** from day 1.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,884 ✭✭✭Tzardine

Nobody else thinking that PCC Rohan Sindwhani might be 'H'?

Not sure if he is H, but my money is on him being a blood relative to PC Jatri. That's the DNA match.

Tzardine wrote: »
    Not sure if he is H, but my money is on him being a blood relative to PC Jatri. That's the DNA match.

Interesting theory. Did they actually say the dna match was with Jo ? (In all this excitement, I clean forgot ;))

Edit - Actually, had we not ruled out it being a cop, so, maybe not.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,738 ✭✭✭ASOT

trashcan wrote: »
    Interesting theory. Did they actually say the dna match was with Jo ? (In all this excitement, I clean forgot ;))

Edit - Actually, had we not ruled out it being a cop, so, maybe not.

They showed a picture of her so I'd imagine it's her DNA match.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭Hercule Poirot

Jo's picture is on one of the sheets so whoever it is it's a relative of hers and not PC Jatri

• Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭Ronaldinho

Tzardine wrote: »

Think I'd give ya 10-1 on that one. Jatri's a patsy in all of this imho.

He's a slimeball though.

There was something that the prisoner (forget his name) said last night about Steve needing ministerial approval. My immediate take on it was that part of Govt. was in conspiracy with the OCG. Anyone else think same?

Ronaldinho wrote: »
    Think I'd give ya 10-1 on that one. Jatri's a patsy in all of this imho.

He's a slimeball though.

There was something that the prisoner (forget his name) said last night about Steve needing ministerial approval. My immediate take on it was that part of Govt. was in conspiracy with the OCG. Anyone else think same?

Did he say Ministerial ? I thought he just said the Steve that it would be way beyond his pay grade, which it terms of an amnesty/witness protection would make sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭Ronaldinho

Did he say Ministerial ? I thought he just said the Steve that it would be way beyond his pay grade, which it terms of an amnesty/witness protection would make sense.

I think that was another scene.

I'm 99% sure the word Ministerial was used at one point and my gut reaction was to wonder if the conspiracy went all the way up to Govt.

ASOT wrote: »
    They showed a picture of her so I'd imagine it's her DNA match.

Misdirection. The picture of her was just one of the pages in the file they brought into Hastings.

The sheet which Steve was asked to look at only had a DNA sequence on it. No photo.

This is the sheet Hastings was looking at when the scene ended.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,863 ✭✭✭Pentecost

I think that was another scene.

I'm 99% sure the word Ministerial was used at one point and my gut reaction was to wonder if the conspiracy went all the way up to Govt.

Lakewell definitely said ministerial.

Think I'd give ya 10-1 on that one. Jatri's a patsy in all of this .

I will take those odds. I will be in touch next Sunday at about 9.01pm

• Advertisement

Watching it again now :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,852 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

Agreed. Given the nature of Lakewell's crimes it would require the Secretary of State for Justice to approve his release. Until he had that in writing an ex-lawyer like Lakewell would never talk as he would have no guarantee of protection.

It's the same prison officer than brought Buckells to his cell as it is in the scene where Steve and Chloe visit Jimmy the first time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,194 ✭✭✭Talisman

Lakewell was talking about the possibility of being moved into witness protection.
    I pleaded guilty and I was sentenced. The level of authority to reverse all that and to enrol me in witness protection lies way above your pay grade. At ministerial level, I'd reckon.

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭reece289

Listening back to Steve's speech...

Police Dna is NOT speculatively checked...meaning its possible only Davidsons Dna was checked on the police Dna database as that's the link they were looking at.

Steve definitely says He is identified over the page.

Steve also says the only way this nominal can share the same Dna with Davidson is if they are blood relative. So it's definitely Davidson the relation in to.

I'm going with Ryan being Davidson's son. Tommy's his father.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,852 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

reece289 wrote: »

Police Dna is NOT speculatively checked...meaning its possible only Davidsons Dna was checked on the police Dna database as that's the link they were looking at.

Steve also says the only way this nominal can share the same Dna with Davidson is if they are blood relative. So it's definitely Davidson the relation in to.

And Ted's the uncle.

Line of Duty xmas meal coming up soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭qwerty13

I thought the same but he says at one stage he'd be spending the rest of his life looking over his shoulder

And Tommy Hunter was in Witness Protection but was still got at

I just think on some level he accepted his fate but for some unknown reason he didn't want to go on the record - can only assume it was too protect someone else but God knows who

His daughter, Jo Davidson!! (I have no idea, it just popped into my head when you wrote about protecting someone)

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭Hollyworth

Another episode... Another police convoy gone awry.

Something new please, Mercurio!

After re-watching this episode I'm back to thinking that there's more to Chloe alright. There really seemed to be some sort of familiarity there between her and Jimmy Lakewell. The way he said "nice to meet you Chloe", it just seemed off. He called her by her first name again in their next scene too, while addressing Steve as DI Arnott.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭Hercule Poirot

reece289 wrote: »

We meet Ryan's mother in season 1 - definitely not Davidson, she was a blonde slapper played by Lauren O'Rourke

Advertisement