Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Line of Duty (BBC) **Spoilers**

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭trashcan

reece289 wrote: »
    Listening back to Steve's speech...

I'm going with Ryan being Davidson's son. Tommy's his father.

I really hope not. That would be jumping the shark in my view. Plot twists are great, but they have to retain some sort of credibility.

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭Hollyworth

Surely the person who is related to Davidson is dead (or in prison). Otherwise wouldn't they consider the possibility that this person had also been in the flat. The fact that they never raised this possibility must mean the person couldn't have been in the flat, because they are are dead (or in prison).

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 590 ✭✭✭Louis Friend

UserName 1976 was Jo’s profile, not the person she was chatting with.

There’ll be a massive twist to this. Kate is the bent copper; she was stationed where Ryan Pilkington was shipped in and out of as a juvenile.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,060 ✭✭✭Sexual Chocolate

I reckon Davidson is probably related to Tommy Hunter. Though the age gap is the only thing that weakens that possibility. I don't think she has anything to do with John Corbett, I'll be disappointed it that turns out to be the case though.

I was never convinced that Kate was indeed undercover for AC-12. She has move up the ranks quick enough over the years and I reckon she felt that after the last fiasco of series 5 that she needed to move elsewhere if she wants to keep climbing the ladder. She will always have that nose for anti corruption as much as she maintains that she's moved on for it.

In saying that part of me thinks that she could potentially be working for Det Chief Superintendent Carmichael or another anti corruption team.

I can see Ryan meeting his fate in the last episode, probably something going down between him, Steve and Kate. Hes of very little benefit now, especially if Steve has anything to do with it.

And finally I have strong suspicions of the Police Crime Commissioner, determined to push Ted out the door, not answering Gail Vella's questions and the fact the he played the villian in EastEnders. Something definitely up with him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,512 ✭✭✭Wheety

reece289 wrote: »
    Listening back to Steve's speech...

Police Dna is NOT speculatively checked...meaning its possible only Davidsons Dna was checked on the police Dna database as that's the link they were looking at.

Steve definitely says He is identified over the page.

Steve also says the only way this nominal can share the same Dna with Davidson is if they are blood relative. So it's definitely Davidson the relation in to.

I'm going with Ryan being Davidson's son. Tommy's his father.

We saw Ryan's Mum in the first season. She was a junkie/alco.

I reckon it might be Tommy Hunter being her Father.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,908 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

So the whole Chloe thing stinks.
    She has to be the leak. First of all it appeared like Jimmy knew her, secondly nobody in the prison would have known the route the transport would take so the leak had to come from AC 12. Then during the ambush she isn't able to climb up to open the door, sniper takes out her colleague when she opens the door.
    It's pretty clear that Jimmy gave Steve info and it's strange that he hasn't shared it.
    What about Nicola? She is still hanging around with Steve and seems keen to get him out of AC 12.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭VG31

I'll be fairly disappointed if Chloe is the leak. The OCG mole inside AC-12 plotline has been done enough by now. Are we really meant to be believe that despite the previous leaks, another mole somehow got past AC-12 vetting? It would be taking the piss at this stage IMO.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭trashcan

UserName 1976 was Jo’s profile, not the person she was chatting with.

There’ll be a massive twist to this. Kate is the bent copper; she was stationed where Ryan Pilkington was shipped in and out of as a juvenile.

Wash your mouth out. You can’t say that about Kate. I’ve said it before, Ted, Kate and Steve are the holy trinity. If they make one of them corrupt that will ruin the show for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 252 ✭✭Wallet Inspector

Tommy is only about 10-15 years older than Jo.

I'm so stressed!! I like Jo.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,664 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hyzepher

She admits to Ted that she left because of the scrutiny both the unit and Ted were under - no need for her to say that unless there was a chance they were being recorded or observed, which they weren't

So she isn't undercover for Ted, but she might be undercover for Carmichael.......

Have another listen back to it with the mindset that she is undercover for him, but is doing so despite wanting to move on from AC

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,380 ✭✭✭funkey_monkey

What does the OCG actually do that necessitates them having such power in the police?
    There is a lot of talk about the OCG but no talk about what they actually are up to that I can see.
    There was some stuff in one of the early series but nothing much since.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,406 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

VG31 wrote: »
    I'll be fairly disappointed if Chloe is the leak. The OCG mole inside AC-12 plotline has been done enough by now. Are we really meant to be believe that despite the previous leaks, another mole somehow got past AC-12 vetting? It would be taking the piss at this stage IMO.

Wife was saying that Chloe was the name of one of the daughters of the black cop in season 1 (I think) who was bent and stepped in front of the truck. He was having the affair with Jackie laverty if I remember right.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭oneilla

What does the OCG actually do that necessitates them having such power in the police?
    There is a lot of talk about the OCG but no talk about what they actually are up to that I can see.
    There was some stuff in one of the early series but nothing much since.

Seems to be in the business of drugs, trafficked prostitution, bit of fun running and there was some sort of connection to a paedofile ring.

• Subscribers Posts: 41,796 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

I bet Jo is Ted's daughter

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,095 ✭✭✭Jofspring

Celchick wrote: »
    Tommy is only about 10-15 years older than Jo.

Which could make him an older brother or even cousin.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,215 ✭✭✭Sunrise_Sunset

VG31 wrote: »

I'm not sure if I think she's the main leak but after re-watching it I feel there is more to be revealed about her. Jimmy definitely seemed to know her.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,215 ✭✭✭Sunrise_Sunset

Carmichael is confirmed to return to the show this season

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,131 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Did they take note of the black range rovers reg ? :)

What about DCC Michael Edward Dryden ? He’s Scottish isn’t he?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,247 ✭✭✭TomSweeney

MfMan wrote: »
    Still can't believe how they were able to turn the van over, just under the window where the sniper was. Very convenient.

Who was the actor playing Lakewell? Looks familiar..

David Brent's boss ...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Nobody else thinking that PCC Rohan Sindwhani might be 'H'? That Gail Vella interview they found in EP.3 where she was asking him about about police cover-ups into child sex offenses, seemed to at least implicate him in some wrongdoings.

He's also mentioned how he was constantly keeping things out of the press. Then he lied in a public press conference about Operation Pear Tree and said it uncovered no links between police officers and organised crime.

Also, his right hand woman was Gill Biggeloe.

That's where I'm leaning just now. Always just in the background or in enough smaller scenes to keep him out there too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,406 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

TomSweeney wrote: »
    David Brent's boss ...

Thank you, that was bothering me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭ellejay

Nobody else thinking that PCC Rohan Sindwhani might be 'H'? That Gail Vella interview they found in EP.3 where she was asking him about about police cover-ups into child sex offenses, seemed to at least implicate him in some wrongdoings.

He's also mentioned how he was constantly keeping things out of the press. Then he lied in a public press conference about Operation Pear Tree and said it uncovered no links between police officers and organised crime.

Also, his right hand woman was Gill Biggeloe.

I wondered was Jo related to one of Ted's two boss's, not OCG.
    Can't think of their names, one is ma'am and the other is asian.
    The Asian guy was looking over the stairs at Ted as he left.

Someone in LOD said theirs a racist element to it.
    That's my tuppence worth anyway.

Jofspring wrote: »
    Which could make him an older brother or even cousin.
    Indeed. Repeated posts about him being her dad though.

sydthebeat wrote: »
    I bet Jo is Ted's daughter
    I bet Kate is Ted's daughter and she's secretly married to Steve! And I bet Barry from Eastenders is H!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,177 ✭✭✭Fandymo

MfMan wrote: »
    Still can't believe how they were able to turn the van over, just under the window where the sniper was. Very convenient.

Who was the actor playing Lakewell? Looks familiar..

Except the sniper wasn't there. He didn't arrive to the window until about 2/3 mins into the shootout.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,507 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

I bet Kate is Ted's daughter and she's secretly married to Steve! And I bet Barry from Eastenders is H!
    I was trying to come up with a combination of relations that hadn't been mentioned before - and it was hard!

Ladies and gents we have found H

• Advertisement

I hope you all come see my new band “buckles helmet “ when the venues open again

Advertisement