Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Line of Duty (BBC) **Spoilers**

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,095 ✭✭✭Jofspring

I get the feeling the reason Jo is doing the OCGs work is because she is blackmailed because of something her mother did. That's why she fired the wine glass towards the picture if her mother as she resents her. Her mother and Tommy Hunter brother and sister maybe?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,131 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Spocker wrote: »
    https://twitter.com/bbcpress/status/1381877783920533505

Fan favourite Anna Maxwell Martin to return to #LineOfDuty as Detective Chief Superintendent Patricia Carmichael this Sunday! https://bbc.in/3a2WzDy

Love her

Spocker wrote: »
    https://twitter.com/bbcpress/status/1381877783920533505

Fan favourite Anna Maxwell Martin to return to #LineOfDuty as Detective Chief Superintendent Patricia Carmichael this Sunday! https://bbc.in/3a2WzDy

Hastings wouldn’t have time to H

• Registered Users Posts: 3,202 ✭✭✭Samsgirl

Dunno if I read it here or on twitter but..... if you have an Alexa, ask who is H.

Very funny response

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,550 ✭✭✭ShineOn7

The lad who played Dot was chatting to Neill Morrisey on the Obsessed With Line Of Duty podcast and they both came to the conclusion that Steve is a goner

I completely agree too

Of the Big 3 characters, it makes the most sense to kill him off if it has to be one of them

• Advertisement
  • Moderators Posts: 6,870 ✭✭✭Spocker

The set dressers sure are having some fun :pac:

https://twitter.com/jenlion/status/1381377447694848002

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,980 ✭✭✭Degag

UserName 1976 was Jo’s profile, not the person she was chatting with.

There’ll be a massive twist to this. Kate is the bent copper; she was stationed where Ryan Pilkington was shipped in and out of as a juvenile.

Personally i think Steve, Kate or Hastings being bent would be fairly unbelievable and certainly a jump-the-shark moment.

I'm not sure if I think she's the main leak but after re-watching it I feel there is more to be revealed about her. Jimmy definitely seemed to know her.

If Jimmy told stuff to Steve in the back of the van (which pretty much everyone is in agreement he did) would he not have told him that Chloe is bent?

Maybe he did and we'll find out but if she is and he didn't it would be rather odd.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,503 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

I reckon Davidson is probably related to Tommy Hunter. Though the age gap is the only thing that weakens that possibility. I don't think she has anything to do with John Corbett, I'll be disappointed it that turns out to be the case though.

I was never convinced that Kate was indeed undercover for AC-12. She has move up the ranks quick enough over the years and I reckon she felt that after the last fiasco of series 5 that she needed to move elsewhere if she wants to keep climbing the ladder. She will always have that nose for anti corruption as much as she maintains that she's moved on for it.

In saying that part of me thinks that she could potentially be working for Det Chief Superintendent Carmichael or another anti corruption team.

I can see Ryan meeting his fate in the last episode, probably something going down between him, Steve and Kate. Hes of very little benefit now, especially if Steve has anything to do with it.

And finally I have strong suspicions of the Police Crime Commissioner, determined to push Ted out the door, not answering Gail Vella's questions and the fact the he played the villian in EastEnders. Something definitely up with him.

i thought it was made pretty clear in previous series that the south asian commissioner is corrupt ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Officer Giggles

Degag wrote: »
    If Jimmy told stuff to Steve in the back of the van (which pretty much everyone is in agreement he did) would he not have told him that Chloe is bent?

Maybe he did and we'll find out but if she is and he didn't it would be rather odd.

But he wouldn't know the identity of all the bent coppers seeing as he was being blackmailed and a nobody in the grand scheme of things

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 250 ✭✭Johnthemanager

Or maybe Jimmy was killed because of what he told Steve in the back of the van. Maybe Steve is the rat?

Or maybe Jimmy was killed because of what he told Steve in the back of the van. Maybe Steve is the rat?

Yep, i alluded to the same myself, with my tongue slightly in my cheek
    The fella that killed Jimmy looked like he was fairly sure that Jimmy was a rat.... and if JImmy did give information to Steve in the van the information could only have come from one place:eek:

But he wouldn't know the identity of all the bent coppers seeing as he was being blackmailed and a nobody in the grand scheme of things

Yes, but based on the fact he seems to know Chloe - calling her by her first name etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭trashcan

ShineOn7 wrote: »
    The lad who played Dot was chatting to Neill Morrisey on the Obsessed With Line Of Duty podcast and they both came to the conclusion that Steve is a goner

I completely agree too

Of the Big 3 characters, it makes the most sense to kill him off if it has to be one of them

Who says one of them has to be killed though ? End of the Show if they do that I think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,194 ✭✭✭Talisman

Chloe didn't make it into Lakewell's list of potential casualties during the ambush:
    And it was a miracle there weren't more casualties, including myself and DI Arnott.

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭gilly1910

Hollyworth wrote: »
    Another episode... Another police convoy gone awry.

Something new please, Mercurio!

Ah in all fairness the Police convoys in LOD are good to watch, you know that something is going to happen, and you can't wait for it :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 252 ✭✭Wallet Inspector

Calling Chloe by her first name could just have been him flirting/sneering at an attractive, inexperienced young woman. That's the type of smarmy character he is.

She was introduced as DC Chloe Bishop, not just DC Bishop.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭ellejay

Jofspring wrote: »
    I get the feeling the reason Jo is doing the OCGs work is because she is blackmailed because of something her mother did. That's why she fired the wine glass towards the picture if her mother as she resents her. Her mother and Tommy Hunter brother and sister maybe?

I wondered similar, maybe she got involved in the OCG to try to bring them down, or get to the bottom of something that happened to her mother.
    Thought it was unusual for LOD that there's three OCG's infiltrating the one police station.

Aliens?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,368 ✭✭✭robwen

A documentary on BBC 2 tonight 9pm, Bent Coppers: Crossing the line of duty.

Examines corruption in the British police in the 1970s, revealing a secret network of officers operating illegally throughout London and led to the formation of the first internal anti-corruption unit A10, which inspired the hit BBC drama.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,215 ✭✭✭Sunrise_Sunset

Promo's for episode 5 seem to show AC12 working with MIT on something, and all kitted out in bullet proof vests etc. I wonder could it in something in relation to Ryan?

Also Martin Compston posted something about if we thought we needed a breather after episode 4, we'll need therapy after episode 5.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,461 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

robwen wrote: »
    A documentary on BBC 2 tonight 9pm, Bent Coppers: Crossing the line of duty.

Examines corruption in the British police in the 1970s, revealing a secret network of officers operating illegally throughout London and led to the formation of the first internal anti-corruption unit A10, which inspired the hit BBC drama.

Yeah but will they tell us who H is???

trashcan wrote: »
    Who says one of them has to be killed though ? End of the Show if they do that I think.

Nah, Steve's character is stale now. There's nowhere left for it to go

A new male lead would really freshen things up if there's a new season

Plus the show is so well known now that they could attract a well known actor to join the cast

Celchick wrote: »
    Calling Chloe by her first name could just have been him flirting/sneering at an attractive, inexperienced young woman. That's the type of smarmy character he is.

She was introduced as DC Chloe Bishop, not just DC Bishop.

That's the impression I got too

Lakewell fancied himself as a ladies man

Anyone remember why he was the balaclava man that attacked Steve?

Can we spoiler tag any details of what's in previews for episodes that haven't aired yet?

Some of us don't want to know

I'm glad I was just skimming and not fully reading some recent posts :pac:

Buckles was a Detective Superintendent they said the other night i think?

Does this mean he ranked higher than Hastings (who is Superintendent i think)?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 891 ✭✭✭sebdavis

Buckles was a Detective Superintendent they said the other night i think?

Does this mean he ranked higher than Hastings (who is Superintendent i think)?

No

If he was someone else would need to sit in for the interview

ShineOn7 wrote: »
    Nah, Steve's character is stale now. There's nowhere left for it to go

A new male lead would really freshen things up if there's a new season

Plus the show is so well known now that they could attract a well known actor to join the cast

A new male lead will be the death of the show. I've long said if any of the main three are offed, it's likely the last season. It would be stretched with two leads (given the type of show it is) and people will reject what would effectively be a stand in for a final season or two.

sebdavis wrote: »
    No

If he was someone else would need to sit in for the interview

It was said that as Buckles had been charged, he no longer had a right to be interviewed by someone one rank senior.

• Advertisement

If there’s a new series it will be the new merged units and new staff under a new chief

Advertisement