Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Line of Duty (BBC) **Spoilers**

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,980 ✭✭✭Degag

sebdavis wrote: »
    No

If he was someone else would need to sit in for the interview

Nope, as has been mentioned that was waived as he was charged.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Officer Giggles

Degag wrote: »
    Buckles was a Detective Superintendent they said the other night i think?

Does this mean he ranked higher than Hastings (who is Superintendent i think)?

No same rank just doing different jobs

• Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭Hercule Poirot

ShineOn7 wrote: »
    That's the impression I got too

Lakewell fancied himself as a ladies man

Anyone remember why he was the balaclava man that attacked Steve?

Lakewell wasn't balaclava man

He instigated the assault on Steve by ringing Hilton who in turn sent actual balaclava man. Can't remember his name but he was shot dead by Ted in the season 4 finale

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,550 ✭✭✭ShineOn7

A new male lead will be the death of the show. I've long said if any of the main three are offed, it's likely the last season. It would be stretched with two leads (given the type of show it is) and people will reject what would effectively be a stand in for a final season or two.

It wouldn't be two leads though. In this scenario Steve would be replaced by a major British actor

For example, David Tennant

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,550 ✭✭✭ShineOn7

Lakewell wasn't balaclava man

He instigated the assault on Steve by ringing Hilton who in turn sent actual balaclava man. Can't remember his name but he was shot dead by Ted in the season 4 finale

Ah yes, thanks

Things are truly over convoluted now. I've seen this show 3 times from start to finish and parts of it still confuse me ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,132 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Promo's for episode 5 seem to show AC12 working with MIT on something, and all kitted out in bullet proof vests etc. I wonder could it in something in relation to Ryan?

Also Martin Compston posted something about if we thought we needed a breather after episode 4, we'll need therapy after episode 5.
    It wouldn't be two leads though. In this scenario Steve would be replaced by a major British actor

I’d rather Compston

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,132 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Brendan gleeson new Hastings :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,594 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

Brilliant episode the other night, one of the best IMO. I thought the first episode or two were a bit slow or felt like stuff we have seen before but it really went up a notch the other night. What makes LOD so good is that so many theories are plausible, myself and my partner were watching it together and both of us have completely different ideas as to what will happen. At one stage I even convinced myself that Ted could be bent but I snapped out of that idea!

Main questions for me at this stage are how involved is Jo? She is obviously working with OCG and seems to be against her will/blackmail, I feel like she is not a bad egg but has been forced into this situation and is now trying to do as the OCG say but also limit the amount of damage she does, but she knows her candle is burning at both ends now.

Also strongly suspect Kate is still working undercover for another unit. She seems to be too involved with Hastings/Steve for someone who is just an ex colleague, she is definitely snooping for something.

Also what is the story with the decommissioned guns that were used in the ambush and in the robbery of the bookies? It seems like too trivial of a detail to be mentioned twice in the one episode without it being a hunt to something, but no idea what they are hinting at.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,095 ✭✭✭Jofspring

Brilliant episode the other night, one of the best IMO. I thought the first episode or two were a bit slow or felt like stuff we have seen before but it really went up a notch the other night. What makes LOD so good is that so many theories are plausible, myself and my partner were watching it together and both of us have completely different ideas as to what will happen. At one stage I even convinced myself that Ted could be bent but I snapped out of that idea!

Main questions for me at this stage are how involved is Jo? She is obviously working with OCG and seems to be against her will/blackmail, I feel like she is not a bad egg but has been forced into this situation and is now trying to do as the OCG say but also limit the amount of damage she does, but she knows her candle is burning at both ends now.

Also strongly suspect Kate is still working undercover for another unit. She seems to be too involved with Hastings/Steve for someone who is just an ex colleague, she is definitely snooping for something.

Also what is the story with the decommissioned guns that were used in the ambush and in the robbery of the bookies? It seems like too trivial of a detail to be mentioned twice in the one episode without it being a hunt to something, but no idea what they are hinting at.

I think they are just trying to show the connection between the botched bookie robbery and the OCG, with not much more to it than that.

I had been wondering for the first 3 episodes why they hadn't been interviewing the young lads that were robbing the bookies, particularly if they had suspicions over Jo spotting it.

Jofspring wrote: »
    I think they are just trying to show the connection between the botched bookie robbery and the OCG.

I was wondering if it would link back to the stash stolen by Corbett when he was in the OCG?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,095 ✭✭✭Jofspring

I was wondering if it would link back to the stash stolen by Corbett when he was in the OCG?

Ya I'd say you're right, probably the same guns.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,215 ✭✭✭Sunrise_Sunset

Can we spoiler tag any details of what's in previews for episodes that haven't aired yet?

Some of us don't want to know

I'm glad I was just skimming and not fully reading some recent posts :pac:

I spoiler tagged one but then lots of others openly discussed it so the next time I didn't bother. I guess it's going to happen in thread's like this. Personally, I like seeing the promo's etc as it gets me thinking about the next episode and they rarely give much away 🙂

I spoiler tagged one but then lots of others openly discussed it so the next time I didn't bother. I guess it's going to happen in thread's like this. Personally, I like seeing the promo's etc as it gets me thinking about the next episode and they rarely give much away 🙂

I think it depends personally

I was grand with the statement made by Compston being discussed before the last episode, where he said it would be up there as one of the best but I didn't want to know that Carmichael was coming back for the next episode, that to me would be a bit of a spoiler

Even though I know it was an official tweet and posted in here in good faith by the poster

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,461 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

I said two leads in that if Steve is offed, there'd be two left. It would struggle with two.

Another British actor, particularly a major one would absolutely ruin it and be a distraction.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,194 ✭✭✭Talisman

If they find the workshop where the weapons are being modified they will put a dent in the OCG operation. There's also a chance that they will recover weapons stolen from the depot in the previous series.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭MoonUnit75

Talisman wrote: »
    Chloe didn't make it into Lakewell's list of potential casualties during the ambush:

Chloe had a near miss while trying to identify where the gunmen were, if she was in on it then she would have kept her head down until it was over.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,208 ✭✭✭Hodors Appletart

Jo Davidson will die, unless she's on a 2-season guest arc like Hawes was and then died.

Lennie James, Daniel Mayes, Stephen Graham. Fair enough Thandie Newton ended up just maimed beyond belief.

The big name main guest spot has ended up dead normally.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 252 ✭✭Wallet Inspector

Forecast: death most likely but a small chance of prison.

@ShineOn7: Last week you were looking for the quotes from Jed Mercurio about there being a season 7...

Jed Mercurio says Line of Duty could run for another two series (Radio Times, April 2019)
    “Once series five has finished airing we’ll have a conversation with the BBC, with a view to whether there’s a possibility to series seven being commissioned,” he said. “But we definitely know we’ve got series six.”

“The only reason is that there are a lot of loose ends to tie up, and we couldn’t take the risk of getting it commissioned later on,” he said. “So if we didn’t know that we could go beyond this series, then we would have to approach it in a way that concluded things.”

MoonUnit75 wrote: »
    Chloe had a near miss while trying to identify where the gunmen were, if she was in on it then she would have kept her head down until it was over.
    I don't think he left her out because he didn't think she was in danger. I think he ignored the fact that she was there because he didn't consider her to be important enough to mention.

His words were "myself and DI Arnott", he was thinking of himself first. The same line of thinking got him killed.

• Advertisement

Promo's for episode 5 seem to show AC12 working with MIT on something, and all kitted out in bullet proof vests etc. I wonder could it in something in relation to Ryan?
    I would think it's more likely to be the workshop that is modifying weapons, both teams referred to it in the previous episode - that's too much of a coincidence and it's the only thing they are likely to work on together.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 252 ✭✭Wallet Inspector

Wondering now whether the mystery guy with the beard who gave Davidson a burner phone few weeks back (and then she had a meltdown in her car) is Osborne.

• Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭Ronaldinho

Talisman wrote: »
    If they find the workshop where the weapons are being modified they will put a dent in the OCG operation. There's also a chance that they will recover weapons stolen from the depot in the previous series.

There must be plenty of evidence to glean from the half dozen or so lads that attacked the prisoner transport :pac::pac::pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Officer Giggles

Celchick wrote: »
    Wondering now whether the mystery guy with the beard who gave Davidson a burner phone few weeks back (and then she had a meltdown in her car) is Osborne.

Looks absolutely nothing like him and I think phone running would be beneath him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭trashcan

I said two leads in that if Steve is offed, there'd be two left. It would struggle with two.

Another British actor, particularly a major one would absolutely ruin it and be a distraction.

Agree. They’ve always had a “name” as the guest star for the series and I think it works well. I still think Jason Isaac would be great as guest star. Leave the three leads as they are please.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,384 ✭✭✭raclle

I'm a bit behind everyone just starting season 3 but its good so far. I was confused with some parts of season 2 thinking Dryden was behind the ambush and took going over some parts to figure it all out

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,215 ✭✭✭Sunrise_Sunset

I think it depends personally

I was grand with the statement made by Compston being discussed before the last episode, where he said it would be up there as one of the best but I didn't want to know that Carmichael was coming back for the next episode, that to me would be a bit of a spoiler

Even though I know it was an official tweet and posted in here in good faith by the poster

I posted about Carmichael with a spoiler tag.

I posted about Carmichael with a spoiler tag.
    The BBC posted it on Twitter, they also apparently screwed up and inadvertently revealed a major actor joining the show by posting a clip featuring them. Yesterday morning the news feed on my phone contained a gem like:

"BBC accidentally reveals identity of guest actor joining Line Of Duty cast"

I didn't click the link but similar headlines popped up several times from different media outlets.

I'm sure that anybody who wants to spoil the show for themselves is more than capable of doing their own bit of detective work to find the identity of the actor.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 3,816 Mod ✭✭✭✭LFCFan

Any chance the relation is Wise? She could be Davidson's mother and could fit with the picture she looked at in the first episode? Maybe the OCG are threatening her or maybe she is in on the whole thing herself. Sindwhani is the obvious choice for being bent but it could be misdirection and it's actually Wise. Dunno why it would be something to hide though so probably not

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,458 ✭✭✭VG31

LFCFan wrote: »
    Any chance the relation is Wise? She could be Davidson's mother and could fit with the picture she looked at in the first episode? Maybe the OCG are threatening her or maybe she is in on the whole thing herself. Sindwhani is the obvious choice for being bent but it could be misdirection and it's actually Wise. Dunno why it would be something to hide though so probably not

No they said it's a man and not a police officer.

Advertisement