Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Line of Duty (BBC) **Spoilers**

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,271 ✭✭✭bazza1

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    Ted is hosting Have I Got News For You this evening!

Well, it's Adrian Dunbar, but hard to imagine there won't be a few sly references...

MOTHER OF GOD!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,512 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    Ted is hosting Have I Got News For You this evening!

Well, it's Adrian Dunbar, but hard to imagine there won't be a few sly references...

if he doesn't tell somebody to "hauld yer whist" i'll be disappointed.

Fair play to him for getting a couple of mentions in. I particularly liked the mention of convoys.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,507 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

First "Mother of God", "now listen fella(s)", convoys..... and we're only 10 mins in!

We should've set up a Bingo Card for this!

Thrown under the bus
    Acronyms
    Nicking bent lobbyists

and a few others I've forgotten already

:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,406 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

Nice mother of god when they showed the abla picture

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,044 ✭✭✭appledrop

I'm watching Google box and going through last weeks episode, one of best!

I just remembered while rewatching it that while Steve & prisoner were in the van during shot out, he did say one word out loud but I couldn't make out what it was at the time.

Does anyone else have the episode recorded that they could rewatch that section and try and make out what it was?

By the way I'm 100% convinced he knows Chloe after rewatching the part where he asked he not to play the tape.

Real awkward and like he panicked to think of what to say after blurting out her name.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 413 ✭✭LLewellen Farquarson

Just finished rewatching series 1.
    Oh my God, it's so good!
    Especially knowing what's coming.
    They are all so young.
    Just starting series 2. Probably get to bed at 5 tomorrow morning. ðŸ˜

There's 2 episodes left right?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

3!

7 episodes this series!

• Advertisement

3. 7 episodes in this season

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,704 ✭✭✭golfball37

It’s been a very good season, best since season 3. Kelly McDonald is an awful choice though as the lead actor.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,455 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

I'm re-watching series 1 at the moment... in episode 4 we see two OCG members put the frozen dismembered body of Jackie Laverty into the freezer in Terry Boyles' flat. I have just realised that one of those guys is the bearded man we see giving Jo Davidson a burner phone at the end of episode 2 in the current series.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,512 ✭✭✭Wheety

We're up to season 5 on a rewatch. Over the top but great entertainment.

No wonder I hadn't a clue what was going on just watching them once as they were released. So many connections you spot when you bingewatch them all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭trashcan

Wheety wrote: »
    We're up to season 5 on a rewatch. Over the top but great entertainment.

No wonder I hadn't a clue what was going on just watching them once as they were released. So many connections you spot when you bingewatch them all.

I’ve never rewatched any of it, so I’m sure I’m missing loads. It’s great to come on here though, where people are willing to put the groundwork in on your behalf ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

golfball37 wrote: »
    It’s been a very good season, best since season 3. Kelly McDonald is an awful choice though as the lead actor.

She's a good choice imo, just doesn't seem to act very well in it. Watch Boardwalk Empire, she seems an entirely different actress. Very hammy in LOD, or phoning it in, I can't tell.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,132 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Glico Man wrote: »
    She's a good choice imo, just doesn't seem to act very well in it. Watch Boardwalk Empire, she seems an entirely different actress. Very hammy in LOD, or phoning it in, I can't tell.

I’d be acting funny if I was being blackmailed by the ocg

I’d be acting funny if I was being blackmailed by the ocg

It's not just acting funny, it's just dodgy acting.

I'm a huge fan of hers since Trainspotting and Boardwalk Empire, but I can see from her lines and the way she delivers them, it's not a Keeley Hawes/Thandie Newton performance. It just feels off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,863 ✭✭✭Pentecost

Glico Man wrote: »

She really wasn't great in Boardwalk Empire either IMO. I haven't watched it in a while but I remember her being OK in No Country For Old Men but that was a fairly small part.

Pentecost wrote: »
    She really wasn't great in Boardwalk Empire either IMO. I haven't watched it in a while but I remember her being OK in No Country For Old Men but that was a fairly small part.

I'd be inclined to agree with you. I enjoyed her performance though it was nothing ground breaking. She did well in the role in BE.

She's a big name in the nicest sense of the word for the show after what I've mentioned before (Thandie and Keeley, but she doesn't seem to act very well, in consideration of the name and reputation that proceeds her.

• Advertisement

I watched the victim ( the dreaded rte player) last night. Another bbc drama with Kelly McDonald. I’ve decided I just don’t rate her at all. She just reminds me of joey in friends doing the whole smell the fart acting!!!

The victim was deffo worth a watch if havnt seen...grim enough now but was very good

Keep the fingers busy for the rest of the series..... :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 590 ✭✭✭Louis Friend

The rewatch is great once you’ve seen Seasons 5 & 6. Watching the Buckles guy, seeing Terry Boyle (different actor) and watching Ryan, Tommy, the Caddie, etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,044 ✭✭✭appledrop

Here we go, here we go, here we go!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,418 ✭✭✭Infernal Racket

Even the intro music is making me tense up

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭Heraldoffreeent

BARE FACED LIAR!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭Heraldoffreeent

Tommy Hunter!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,418 ✭✭✭Infernal Racket

TOMMY FACKIN HUNTER

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,968 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

Tommy Hunter it is.