Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Line of Duty (BBC) **Spoilers**

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭HiGlo

So is Hunter her dad or her brother? I heard them say homo something but didn’t get what they were trying to tell us.

I'm not sure they identified the exact relationship (I could be wrong) but I'm not sure DNA tests can actually establish the EXACT relationship, just that there is shared DNA??? Maybe it depends what kind of test is done, I dunno....

I'm not sure the exact nature of their connection matters though, does it?? For the storyline, the fact they're related is enough....

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭magic17

That was great again!

I'm sticking with the H being Hillside theory. Still think Dot was saying H with 4 taps meaning 4 letters, not morse code. They mentioned the Hill again a few times early on conveniently tonight. So easy to make a storyline connecting the people to it just like they did with the Lawrence Christopher case how some of them happened to be officers on the case. And of course it's the setting of this series.

Find the "final" person, shut down Hillside after working out the links and possibly leave it open ended for a further series with a true top dog overseeing it all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,015 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

My only criticism is the lazy script, using the Jimmy Saville and the Christopher Lawrence cases as part of tge plot seems very odd, the mock up photos meant to look like but not like Saville are a little silly, just surprised given the shows creators track record.

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

So is Hunter her dad or her brother? I heard them say homo something but didn’t get what they were trying to tell us.

Father and uncle

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,044 ✭✭✭appledrop

sebdavis wrote: »
    Was Dot working with Carmichael?
    They keep talking about H as male, would the shock be he is a she?
    Seemed to quickly shut down surveillance when they wanted Kate dead....coincidence? Then told them not to go out, then followed them

After tonight's episode I'm thinking top person is a woman now. Maybe Carmicharel or what about the one that told Ted to retire?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,550 ✭✭✭ShineOn7

So is Hunter her dad or her brother?

Yes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭trashcan

Dempo1 wrote: »
    My only criticism is the lazy script, using the Jimmy Saville and the Christopher Lawrence cases as part of tge plot seems very odd, the mock up photos meant to look like but not like Saville are a little silly, just surprised given the shows creators track record.

They mentioned Saville by name in that season didn’t they ? So I don’t think it’s a case of a Jimmy Saville like celebrity. The Stephen Lawrence and Jill Dando murders do seem to be two very obvious reference points this season though.

Chloe is strangely attractive. She is never shown affection, no one ever desires her. She comes across as someone that works works works, and then goes home to an empty flat.
    But to me she's a keeper.

The uniform doesn't really do her justice

185843-1552036039.jpg

1594502473_486_19-Hot-Pictures-Of-Shalom-Brune-Franklin-Which-Make-Certain-To.jpeg

Tzardine wrote: »
    Ffs put spoiler tags. Some of us don't watch the teaser for a reason.

Tzardine can you delete your post where you quoted it as spoiler clear to see still from your post!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

So did Jed Mercurio literally create an entirely new show set and filmed in Belfast starring Jimmy Nesbitt as a
    Bent Copper
    to sneak him into this season and potentially be H???

Mother of God!

• Advertisement

So did Jed Mercurio literally create an entirely new show set and filmed in Belfast starring Jimmy Nesbitt as a
    Bent Copper

Mother of God!

Jaysus yea forgot Jed involved in bloodbath aswell. Maybe he got a good 2 for 1 offer for Jimmy to be in both shows!!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

I think Carmichael will come onside

She put on her coat to accompany the gang to the shootout didn’t she?

I think she follows procedure to the letter of the law. The letter. At the moment she sees AC12 under Ted as corrupt and bumbling. When the evidence is presented to her next week I believe she will become an ally.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,443 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

Hollyworth wrote: »
    Good episode but Carmichael was very panto villain I'm afraid. She was excellent in season 5, but this time round she was a caricature.

Swanning into the office "for some inexplicable reason if you don't know who I am..." Jesus, when did LOD become a Disney movie?

Yeah thought that was a bit stupid alright

appledrop wrote: »
    Tzardine can you delete your post where you quoted it as spoiler clear to see still from your post!

Too late for myself and many on the thread who read it

Whoever Tzardine was quoting should be shot with balls of their own shíte for not spoilering that

One of the best cliffhangers the show has ever seen and they spoil which of the two between Kate and Ryan gets shot (as per official teasers)

The mind boggles

Father and uncle

Mother of God!

:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,018 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Carmichael was every bit as "panto villain" last season to be fair..

.. Anna Maxwell Martin chews scenery but embraces every bit of it.

Refreshingly OTT.

Shur Ted has become a caricature with his "mother of God's" etc but that doesn't make it any less entertaining.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭SimonTemplar

ShineOn7 wrote: »
    Too late for myself and many on the thread who read it

Whoever Tzardine was quoting should be shot with balls of their own shíte for not spoilering that

One of the best cliffhangers the show has ever seen and they reveal which of the two between Kate and Ryan gets shot (as per official teasers)

The mind boggles

I saw it on Twitter within minutes of the show ending. Can't believe that teaser got approved. They know fans will go through every frame looking for clues.

ShineOn7 wrote: »
    Shout out to the twat above who told us how that shootout ended

Ya can't have nice things on this thread anymore without chat about spoilers and it's why I stopped reading it this week

The episode only finished 25 mins ago ffs

How do people know this already? The episode hasn't been released?

Bent Copper

Mother of God!

Nooooooooooo, Please god no, I'm still recovering having lost 4 hours of my life watching historys worst ever series Bloodlands, it was beyond shockingly bad, the only thing that didn't fall apart was Nesbitts Hair Piece.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 8,140 ✭✭✭fitz

Lads, if you've got the Alexa app on you phone, or have an Amazon Echo device, ask it who H is.

Thank me later.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭SimonTemplar

A shot from next week's episode was included in the official teaser.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭Rodin

I audibly groaned when I saw Jimmy Nesbitt's mug...

I think it was a BBC teaser

Notwithstanding, it should've been spoiler tagged

The cliffhanger is answered already, instead of us having a week thinking about who got shot; Kate or Ryan

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,572 ✭✭✭JeffKenna

fitz wrote: »
    Lads, if you've got the Alexa app on you phone, or have an Amazon Echo device, ask it who H is.

Thank me later.

Class, ask who shot who as well

Anyone know what the significance of the photo Ted was brooding over in his office? Look like a photo of former work mates? PSNI? he looked upset which makes me dispair at the thought of James Nesbitt getting a cameo part.

Rodin wrote: »
    I audibly groaned when I saw Jimmy Nesbitt's mug...

I actually felt unwell :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭Heraldoffreeent

I think Carmichael will come onside

She put on her coat to accompany the gang to the shootout didn’t she?

I think she follows procedure to the letter of the law. The letter. At the moment she sees AC12 under Ted as corrupt and bumbling. When the evidence is presented to her next week I believe she will become an ally.

...............The letter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 891 ✭✭✭sebdavis

appledrop wrote: »
    After tonight's episode I'm thinking top person is a woman now. Maybe Carmicharel or what about the one that told Ted to retire?

Didn’t look shifty enough for OCG

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,494 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

First time watching it live. Looking forward to the next two.

I presume Kate will survive since:

The show's fairly invested in the Kate/Jo dynamic.
    Ryan's pretty disposable, really.
    The norms of TV writing and hitting dead ends.
    AC-12 has already taken a knock or two, and if Kate were to go I'm not sure they'd cliffhanger it, though what do I know?
    All that stuff about the big fish and so on.
    She hung up on Carmichael and will get a clip around the ear for that.

OCG must control the weather.

• Advertisement

Eagle eyed people on LOD Reddit again

This was on a note on the board

aj43u6kq10u61.jpg

Advertisement