Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Line of Duty (BBC) **Spoilers**

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,863 ✭✭✭Pentecost

So that could be what the OCG are holding over her. She wouldn't want any of that coming out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,512 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

So tommy hunter is both her father AND uncle? Her funcle if you will.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,550 ✭✭✭ShineOn7

The picture Ted was looking at

I zoomed in and I don't think any of the surnames on here were in the show before, but it's hard to remember all the characters from Seasons past

Wsf4tXS.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

I also thought Carmichael was hamming it up way too much, and it was distracting.

As for the spoiler, haven't seen it but it could also be misdirection or one part of a larger picture. It won't be bothering me.

A shot from next week's episode was included in the official teaser.

OK thanks, hate when they do this - so pointless.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,044 ✭✭✭appledrop

So tommy hunter is both her father AND uncle? Her funcle if you will.

Say what? How the hell can it be her father and uncle?

appledrop wrote: »

riding his sister.

Incest, I'm guessing Tommy Hunter raped his sister (Jo's mum).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,215 ✭✭✭Sunrise_Sunset

ShineOn7 wrote: »
    Too late for myself and many on the thread who read it

Whoever Tzardine was quoting should be shot with balls of their own shíte for not spoilering that

One of the best cliffhangers the show has ever seen and they spoil which of the two between Kate and Ryan gets shot (as per official teasers)

The mind boggles

If I come on to read comments on a thread called Line of Duty (BBC) **Spoilers** then I'm going to expect to see some.....spoilers :confused:

If I come on to read comments on a thread called Line of Duty (BBC) **Spoilers** then I'm going to expect to see some.....spoilers :confused:

yes, in spoiler tags. especially if they are for an episode not yet aired.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,980 ✭✭✭Degag

Wondering the same. Incest?

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭HiGlo

Father and uncle

Yeah, just came back here cause I spotted a Tweet where someone zoomed in on a post it in a scene which identifies Tommy as both her Uncle and Father....

Nah

Not for an episode that hasn't aired yet

That's "future spoilers" territory

Degag wrote: »
    Wondering the same. Incest?

Eh, slept with his brother wife???? duh! hahaha

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,535 ✭✭✭dobman88

I agree to an extent. Anything that has aired is fair game. But for anything that hasnt aired just use the tags or dont post it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Aw, bless your sweet innocent heart

Nah

Not for an episode that hasn't aired yet

That's "future spoilers" territory

I wouldn't view a teaser by the BBC for the next episode is a spoiler.

HiGlo wrote: »

well that is a possibility as well.

riding his sister.

Oh god, I shouldn't have asked feel sick now!

That explain's then why Davidson still keeps photo of who we assume is her mother. She might be angry with it all but can't hate her as not her fault.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,029 ✭✭✭Call me Al

Well then he'd genetically only be her father.

• Advertisement

What's the name of the new character some have nicknamed New Dot online. The guy who talks like Dot and is working with Jo and Kate?

Is it "Chris"?

If Jed is going to do his usual "bent copper in plain sight" twist this season, my money is on him

He's not H (that's still Osbourne imo) but he's working for the OCG as a leak

Just a hunch

Dempo1 wrote: »
    Anyone know what the significance of the photo Ted was brooding over in his office? Look like a photo of former work mates? PSNI? he looked upset which makes me dispair at the thought of James Nesbitt getting a cameo part.

I'm wondering are they on the steps at Hillside in the photo?

What's the name of the new character some have nicknamed New Dot online. The guy who talks like Dot and is working with Jo and Kate?

Is it "Chris"?

If Jed is going to do his usual "bent copper in plain sight" twist this season, my money is on him

Just a hunch

You could be onto something there. Thought he acted very dodgy tonight, first when Kate asked everyone to hand up the phones and then when she said they have two more locations to go to.

Or it could be just that he reminds me of Dot by way he goes on!

Is it "Chris"?

Just a hunch

Yeah I think about this theory too. He just reminds me of Dot too. Similar accent.

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭Piehead

This is a steaming pile of dung. It’s beyond a parody of itself. Tied up in knots at this stage

magic17 wrote: »
    That was great again!

I'm sticking with the H being Hillside theory. Still think Dot was saying H with 4 taps meaning 4 letters, not morse code. They mentioned the Hill again a few times early on conveniently tonight. So easy to make a storyline connecting the people to it just like they did with the Lawrence Christopher case how some of them happened to be officers on the case. And of course it's the setting of this series.

Find the "final" person, shut down Hillside after working out the links and possibly leave it open ended for a further series with a true top dog overseeing it all.

Hahahahahaha, eh wtf??! Are you actually watching this show?? Hillside???
    This is def the weirdest/funniest theory I've seen....

Almost at the end of 6 seasons and some people still haven't worked out how Jed's mind/writing works......... so entertaining.....

I'm wondering are they on the steps at Hillside in the photo?

Hastings may still have been in his RUC days at that time.

Is it "Chris"?

Just a hunch

DS Lomax

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,980 ✭✭✭Degag

Hahahahahaha, eh wtf??! Are you actually watching this show?? Hillside???
    This is def the weirdest/funniest theory I've seen....

Almost at the end of 6 seasons and some people still haven't worked out how Jed's mind/writing works......... so entertaining.....

It's possible to contribute without being condescending.

• Advertisement

Piehead wrote: »
    This is a steaming pile of dung. It’s beyond a parody of itself. Tied up in knots at this stage

I've accepted it for what it is at this stage, entertaining and high adrenaline but they've complicated the plot/conspiracy to the point where satisfactory resolution is impossible without ludicrous plot devices.

Still enjoying it but in a different way.

Advertisement