Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Line of Duty (BBC) **Spoilers**

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,550 ✭✭✭ShineOn7

More like on a thread with ** spoilers ** people should actually expect some spoilers. Plus just because it’s in a teaser doesn’t mean it needs to be taken at face value. LOD teasers are quite often misleading...

It was a future Spoiler for an episode not aired yet

Not even in the LOD Reddit that has 15,000 regulars did anyone mention it. And when they do talk about teasers like this the post is clearly labelled with Spoiler tags, because they have more cop on

You ballsed up and ruined a great cliffhanger for many of us tonight

Let's leave it at that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,194 ✭✭✭Talisman

ShineOn7 wrote: »
    What's the name of the new character some have nicknamed New Dot online. The guy who talks like Dot and is working with Jo and Kate?

Is it "Chris"?

If Jed is going to do his usual "bent copper in plain sight" twist this season, my money is on him

He's not H (that's still Osbourne imo) but he's working for the OCG as a leak

Just a hunch
    I think Chris Lomax is just a regular police officer. He's not particularly bright, he's used to being told what to do rather than thinking for himself. Look at how both Jo and Kate have managed him - he has yet to use his own initiative for any part of the investigation. He does his bit and gets thanked for doing his job, it makes him feel happy and part of the team. He was pissed at Kate because she made him give up his phone and didn't tell him about there being three raids planned.

The resemblance to Cottan is just a red herring.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,158 ✭✭✭frag420

Not even in the LOD Reddit that has 15,000 regulars did anyone mention it. And when they do talk about teasers like this the post is clearly labelled with Spoiler tags, because they have more cop on

Let's leave it at that

Mother of god...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,980 ✭✭✭Degag

More like on a thread with ** spoilers ** people should actually expect some spoilers. Plus just because it’s in a teaser doesn’t mean it needs to be taken at face value. LOD teasers are quite often misleading...

It's not the end of the world but you'd be better off not trying to defend it. Clearly there is a huge difference between spoilers for previous/current episodes and future episodes. We all make mistakes.

Grest episode
    Definately!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,980 ✭✭✭Degag

Talisman wrote: »
    I think Chris Lomax is just a regular police officer. He's not particularly bright, he's used to being told what to do rather than thinking for himself. Look at how both Jo and Kate have managed him - he has yet to use his own initiative for any part of the investigation. He does his bit and gets thanked for doing his job, it makes him feel happy and part of the team. He was pissed at Kate because she made him give up his phone and didn't tell him about there being three raids planned.

The resemblance to Cottan is just a red herring.

Yeah i think he's just a normal copper too. I think the giving out about the phones being taken was just a red herring towards him being bent.

Also, in that scene, did anyone notice that Kate never actually collected the phones after requesting them? They were just left on the table which meant Ryan (or anyone else) could have just taken them back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭Heraldoffreeent

Beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 590 ✭✭✭Louis Friend

Let's leave it at that

Anyone who visits threads like this before they’re up to date with the episodes is an idiot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,550 ✭✭✭ShineOn7

Anyone who visits threads like this before they’re up to date with the episodes is an idiot.

You're missing the point entirely

The episode ended with one of two characters getting shot and then - less then 20 mins later - the outcome of that shoot out was spoiled

We were upto date with everything

It was next week's episode that was spoiled

There's an unusually high percentage match and runs of homozygosity.

If like me you were wondering WTF homozygosity means : Inbreeding results in homozygosity. Thank you Google and Wikipedia.

So Tommy Hunter impregnated a blood relative.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 252 ✭✭Wallet Inspector

Lomax doesn't seem suspicious to me either... but then again, neither did Dot.

Hillside Lane Station strikes again!

Osborne served at Hillside Lane between 1983/5(?) and 1993.

550658.jpg

Thurwell served at Hillside Lane for a period between 1992 and 1995.

550659.jpg

Jo Davidson is Tommy Hunter's niece and daughter...

550660.jpg

Daughter and sister would have been the more twisted option.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,842 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Just as per charter when it comes to threads titles with spoilers in them on TV forum.

Just to be completely clear on the use of spoilers:
    - If a thread title has the word "Spoilers" in it, then it is OK to discuss the most recent episode (or older) without using [ spoiler ] tags.
    - If you have news about a future episode (from spoilerfix, ausiello etc.), then most people don't want to know (no, really - they prefer to be surprised by major plot developments and twists).
    - If you feel it should be posted anyway, please use [ spoiler ] tags (to give people the option of reading them or not). Also contextualise the spoiler by saying what it's about outside of the spoiler tag (Spoiler about Season Finale, Spoiler about Character Exit, etc.)

Television Board Charter (Revised: 24/01/2015) - **PLEASE READ FIRST!**

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,704 ✭✭✭golfball37

Why is the drug test an issue? He’s gonna test positive for codeine in painkillers bought legally at worst to help an injury that causes him pain.

It’s hardly a sackable offence

golfball37 wrote: »
    Why is the drug test an issue? He’s gonna test positive for codeine in painkillers bought legally at worst to help an injury that causes him pain.

The back injury and heavy reliance on pain killers may affect his ability to perform his duties as an active officer. He told Steph that he couldn't go to the doctor because then it would become known and his job is all that he has. He may think that he will be forced to step down from his role.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 252 ✭✭Wallet Inspector

The actor who played Hunter was born in 65, Kelly Macdonald was born in 76, although she seems SO much younger. She was like a scared little girl at tonight's standoff.

So Tommy - teenage dad with his sister. Ew...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

Am I correct in thinking a new actor played Patrick Fairbanks?

TBH I couldn't be bothered watching back previous series to confirm such a minor detail.

I thought he was quite poor.

His previous incarnation was very good and carried a real sense of menace in spite of his declining mental faculties.

seligehgit wrote: »
    Am I correct in thinking a new actor played Patrick Fairbanks?

TBH I couldn't be bothered watching back previous series to confirm such a minor detail.

I thought he was quite poor.

His previous incarnation was very good and carried a real sense of menace in spite of his declining mental faculties.

It’s the same actor! I thought it was done well to be honest. Him taking out his glasses case and Steve getting angry gave me goosebumps. I’ve just rewatched that season so maybe it impacted me more

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,135 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Yeah the Fairbanks actor nailed it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,863 ✭✭✭Pentecost

golfball37 wrote: »

Yeah but it's an issue that can impact him doing his job. That's why he's being told to talk to Occupational Health rather than them issuing disciplinary proceedings like they would for anything illegal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 891 ✭✭✭sebdavis

Funny to see big Jimmy Nesbitt in now, an array of BBC talent used on this show and currently watching Will Mellor in action

ANyone think Nesbitt with his Northern Accent will come into play with Hastings? thats why he looked at the photo. Both in training together to something?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,215 ✭✭✭Sunrise_Sunset

The camera seems to linger on Chloe an extra couple of seconds during or after most of her scenes. Something could come out about her - not sure if she's necessarily bent but there's something more to her (some of her scenes imply this too, such as the ones with Lakewell), or they could be just building her character up a bit more so that when she's killed off the audience cares more/is shocked,....or it could be a red herring.
    The same doesn't apply to Chris Lomax though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

appledrop wrote: »
    You could be onto something there. Thought he acted very dodgy tonight, first when Kate asked everyone to hand up the phones and then when she said they have two more locations to go to.

Or it could be just that he reminds me of Dot by way he goes on!

The actor also has serious bad guy vibes whenever I have seen him

• Registered Users Posts: 525 ✭✭✭guapos

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,015 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

You could be onto something there. Thought he acted very dodgy tonight, first when Kate asked everyone to hand up the phones and then when she said they have two more locations to go to.

Yes, have my suspicions too

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,015 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

sebdavis wrote: »
    Funny to see big Jimmy Nesbitt in now, an array of BBC talent used on this show and currently watching Will Mellor in action

ANyone think Nesbitt with his Northern Accent will come into play with Hastings? thats why he looked at the photo. Both in training together to something?

Gosh I hope Nesbitt doesn't appear, it will ruin the show, particularly given his shockingly bad performance in Bloodlines, I just think it would be kinda silly, so close to an entirely seperate and dreadful series.

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

Dempo1 wrote: »
    Gosh I hope Nesbitt doesn't appear, it will ruin the show, particularly given his shockingly bad performance in Bloodlines, I just think it would be kinda silly, so close to an entirely seperate and dreadful series.

Ya totally agree

Bloodlands really hurt us didn’t it

Maybe they should check the DNA - these two could be related.

550671.jpg

• Advertisement

Dempo1 wrote: »
    Filming Bloodlands was just a cover for Nesbitt working with Mercurio and appearing in Line of Duty.

Advertisement