Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Line of Duty (BBC) **Spoilers**

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,015 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

Ya totally agree

Bloodlands really hurt us didn’t it

I'm still in counselling :)

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

Talisman wrote: »
    Filming Bloodlands was just a cover for Nesbitt working with Mercurio and appearing in Line of Duty.

Filming Bloodlands at all was a travesty, ill judged and offensive to all good actors out there. I understand Jed didn't write this god awful tripe but he clearly had a lapse in judgement having anything to do with it. In fairness to Nesbitt, there probably wasn't enough time for him to Bury his head in shame but there's no excuse for Jed as I believe filming of LOD was only finished recently.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,194 ✭✭✭Talisman

Anyone else notice that Steve appeared to be carrying a few more pounds in some of the scenes? For the raid on the workshop he seemed a little more round in the belly area than last weeks episode.

I also have it on good authority that Jo Davidson's hair colour changed slightly. :D

Anyone else notice that Steve appeared to be carrying a few more pounds in some of the scenes? For the raid on the workshop he seemed a little more round in the belly area than last weeks episode.

I also have it on good authority that Jo Davidson's hair colour changed slightly. :D

Honestly, I don't think he's looked well at all during this series, the Beard also, doesn't suit him at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭Ceist_Beag

I think this has to be the final season, everything is coming to a climax and at least two of the three main characters are leaving (Hastings retiring, Steve moving to another dept.).
    Some of the dialogue is so OTT that you just have to get past that and enjoy the ride (as has already been said, Carmichael's introduction was farcical and Hastings cramming in his Tedisms even where it is totally out of context is making him a parody of himself at this stage).
    All that aside, it's brilliant entertainment.
    Osborne certainly seems like the obvious candidate now for H but Jimmy Nesbitt being the guy chatting with Jo would tie things in nicely.
    I don't think Chris has anything to do with it, as others said, he doesn't really get involved in any decisions to warrant him being involved.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 252 ✭✭Wallet Inspector

Maybe they should check the DNA - these two could be related.

550671.jpg
    Totally. And Lomax has a slight likeness to Cottan imo.

We're onto something... :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,980 ✭✭✭Degag

Isn’t Nesbitt’s character retired since 2005? I’m struggling to see how he is H in that case.

Are they suggesting that Owen Teale’s character is his puppet?

The Fairbank actor George Costigan is great I think. He's mostly in Northern England stuff (like Happy Valley and Scott and Bailey). And he's in Lenny Abrahamson's Garage.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭ellejay

The back injury and heavy reliance on pain killers may affect his ability to perform his duties as an active officer. He told Steph that he couldn't go to the doctor because then it would become known and his job is all that he has. He may think that he will be forced to step down from his role.

Maybe Steve is suspended because of his drug test and in his off time he figures out who H is.
    Edited to say I wish I didn't post that - not very detectivey at all.

Ceist_Beag wrote: »
    Osborne certainly seems like the obvious candidate now for H but Jimmy Nesbitt being the guy chatting with Jo would tie things in nicely.
    They can't get to the Thurwell character if he's in Spain.

I'm looking forward to seeing Carmichael off the leash - She's smart, ambitious and ruthless. In the the next episode she's going to come to the realisation that Osborne fed her the information to paint a picture of Hastings and his operation and she went along with it.

With two episodes remaining, the dominoes would need to fall very quickly. I'm tagging what follows as a spoiler - it's all speculative and would make for some interesting viewing.
    Buckells is a stooge but he's also a witness to the murder of Jimmy Lakewell. His DNA and finger prints should be found at the scene. If he gives evidence then both Lee Banks and the prison officers will be exposed.

Farida Jatri was assaulted by a prison officer. I think she is more likely to speak up than Buckells.

If the corrupt prison officers are taken out of circulation then the incarcerated will lose their 'benefits'.

Davidson is toast - her text message to Kate was just plain stupid. She's an accessory to attempted murder of a police officer along with perverting the course of justice. She is facing life in prison so will be willing to talk.

Ryan is a psychopath who has already admitted to murdering two police officers. We know that he murdered at least one more and I suspect that he is the person that Terry Boyle referred to as 'the other man'. From what we've seen of the character, he is unlikely to say anything when questioned and won't give anyone up.

If Terry Boyle knows that Ryan is out of the picture then he may feel safe enough to reveal who said what regarding the murder of Gail Vella.

If Carmichael believes that there is enough evidence to investigate Osborne's involvement behind the scenes I would expect her to roast the individuals in witness protection on a spit to get the information she needs or get them thrown out of the programme.

The final piece is for PCC Sindwhani to sack Osborne, that is the only way I possibly see the Thurwell character coming to the UK.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

Dempo1 wrote: »
    Honestly, I don't think he's looked well at all during this series, the Beard also, doesn't suit him at all.

Isn't that the point though? He's not meant to be well

Gosh I hope Nesbitt doesn't appear, it will ruin the show, particularly given his shockingly bad performance in Bloodlines, I just think it would be kinda silly, so close to an entirely seperate and dreadful series.

The character is dead since 2003 isn’t he?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,512 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

The character is dead since 2003 isn’t he?

Thurwell retired in 2005 but hasnt been seen since 2015 in spain

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

I smell a Tommy Hunter is alive reveal

The final piece is for PCC Sindwhani to sack Osborne, that is the only way I possibly see the Thurwell character coming to the UK.
    I got the impression Sindwhani was under Osborne no?

If not then he had the power to nix Osborne’s AC-12 plans?

I wouldn’t be great with fashion and appearance btw but i think the beard really suits Steve!

Degag wrote: »
    I got the impression Sindwhani was under Osborne no?

If not then he had the power to nix Osborne’s AC-12 plans?

No. Sindwhani said he was caught between a rock and a hard place. He could sack osbourne but then he would lose the support of the police officers on the force. If he doesn't sack osbourne then the anti-corruption team is cut back to nothing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Keyzer

ShineOn7 wrote: »
    It was a future Spoiler for an episode not aired yet

Not even in the LOD Reddit that has 15,000 regulars did anyone mention it. And when they do talk about teasers like this the post is clearly labelled with Spoiler tags, because they have more cop on

You ballsed up and ruined a great cliffhanger for many of us tonight

Let's leave it at that

I think you ballsed it up yourself sonny.

Anyone who goes on an internet forum before watching the episode is just asking for trouble.

Mother of God.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,177 ✭✭✭Fandymo

Keyzer wrote: »

Anyone who goes on an internet forum before watching the episode is just asking for trouble.

Mother of God.

Everyone has watched the episode. Unless you've a DeLorean to go forward to next Sunday.

Fandymo wrote: »
    Everyone has watched the episode. Unless you've a DeLorean to go forward to next Sunday.

not everybody watched the teaser trailer for next week. deliberately so.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,263 ✭✭✭volchitsa

Keyzer wrote: »

Mother of God.
    It wasn't the episode, it was a teaser for next week apparently. I watched last night's episode and (luckily) didn't see the teaser, andI really don't want to know what it is.

The spoilers allowed on this thread are about episodes already aired. The BBC were wrong IMO to have shown a teaser that's a real spoiler (if indeed it is) but but it would be better if people on here didn't repeat the teaser please.

Reem Alsalem UNSR Violence Against Women and Girls@UNSRVAW "Very concerned about these statements by the IOC at Paris2024 There are multiple international treaties and national constitutions that specifically refer to#women and their fundamental rights to equality and non-discrimination, so the world has a pretty good idea of what women -and men for that matter- are. Also, how can one assess whether fairness and justice has been reached if we do not know who we are being fair and just to?"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,263 ✭✭✭volchitsa

Degag wrote: »
    Yeah i think he's just a normal copper too. I think the giving out about the phones being taken was just a red herring towards him being bent.

Also, in that scene, did anyone notice that Kate never actually collected the phones after requesting them? They were just left on the table which meant Ryan (or anyone else) could have just taken them back.

I thought that too, but then I decided that a minion would pick them up and count them, so they'd know if one was missing before they all got in their cars.

Something (else?) I found a bit irritating in that section though was that PC Pilkington had to be called to go in the right car every single time - the others all knew who they were with but he didn't? I get that he's young but that seemed a bit overprotective/suspicious of him.

Reem Alsalem UNSR Violence Against Women and Girls@UNSRVAW "Very concerned about these statements by the IOC at Paris2024 There are multiple international treaties and national constitutions that specifically refer to#women and their fundamental rights to equality and non-discrimination, so the world has a pretty good idea of what women -and men for that matter- are. Also, how can one assess whether fairness and justice has been reached if we do not know who we are being fair and just to?"

• Registered Users Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭Ceist_Beag

Between this and the ESL ****storm I'm not getting a tap of work done today!

volchitsa wrote: »
    The BBC were wrong IMO to have shown a teaser that's a real spoiler (if indeed it is) but but it would be better if people on here didn't repeat the teaser please.
    That's three times in the past week that the BBC has leaked spoilers for the next episode. I think they may be trying to drive up internet chatter about the series.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,863 ✭✭✭Pentecost

volchitsa wrote: »
    I thought that too, but then I decided that a minion would pick them up and count them, so they'd know if one was missing before they all got in their cars.

Something (else?) I found a bit irritating in that section though was that PC Pilkington had to be called to go in the right car every single time - the others all knew who they were with but he didn't? I get that he's young but that seemed a bit overprotective/suspicious of him.

I took it that he was doing everything he could to stay away from Kate and get a chance to contact the OCG. He was taken by surprise with the operation so he wasn't his usual unflustered self.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,088 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Surprised the BBC issued that spoiler again ffs.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Closed Accounts Posts: 891 ✭✭✭sebdavis

I took it that he is in withdrawal and looked constantly sweaty.....

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭gilly1910

Carmichael seems involved - although probably a red herring. Rarely obvious culprits. Would be surprised if her hands were entirely clean though.

God she's an evil number isn't she.

Carmichael is a great actress, although as Ted would say "Mother of God" if you had a boss like that, you'd lose the will to live, she's an absolute c**t of the highest order. Can't wait for next week, god it's compulsive viewing.

Steve looks totally fine to me?

Unless there's make-up being used to make him look slightly washed out - which you would be in that job. Particularly with chronic pain and opioid addiction on top of the stress.

• Advertisement

gilly1910 wrote: »
    Carmichael is a great actress, although as Ted would say "Mother of God" if you had a boss like that, you'd lose the will to live, she's an absolute c**t of the highest order. Can't wait for next week, god it's compulsive viewing.
    There are bosses like that, who aren't happy unless everyone around them is as unhappy and toxic as they are.

Advertisement