Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Line of Duty (BBC) **Spoilers**

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,784 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Anyone know where season 3 can be viewed.

It's not on the iPlayer and I tried to purchase the digital stream on BBC store but there was an error with payment. I think it might of been down to my Irish bank account.

Was able to access season 4 on the iPlayer but still no luck with S3.

Any ideas?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,722 ✭✭✭brian_t

Charlie19 wrote: »
    Anyone know where season 3 can be viewed.

Any ideas?

You can borrow the DVD from your local Library.
    (If they don't have a copy, they will order it from a library that does)

brian_t wrote: »
    You can borrow the DVD from your local Library.
    (If they don't have a copy, they will order it from a library that does)

Got sorted.

Thanks guys.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭oneilla

DeepBlue wrote: »
    The I'm still a bit confused with Denton. Was she actually totally innocent or not?
    I thought they left it too ambivalent in series 2. I guess I could rematch but found her story almost too grim and unrelenting in s2.

I realise the post is a year old but I only recently watched this and was flicking through the thread. From Dot's dialogue with Denton I got the impression that Denton took the money in order to try find Carly but I think this nugget of info was retconned in S3 to make up for the scene where Ackers gave Denton the bribe. Denton was to lead the convoy into the ambush but pulled out, it was too late at that stage due to the tracker.

I only just started S4 but I'm not as hooked as I was with S2&3 so far three episodes in.

Denton is probably my favorite character.

I thought she was brilliant.

• Advertisement

Charlie19 wrote: »
    Denton is probably my favorite character.

I thought she was brilliant.

Yeah Denton was very good, I thought there were gaps in logic of her character in terms of motives and behavior but if I over scrutinize I'll talk myself out of liking a show I really enjoyed :)

I thought more could've been done with the Nigel/Neil Morrissey character.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 120 ✭✭caze

Teaser for Sunday.......
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TiGo6qe2ens

Looks like another shootout at AC12 HQ !

Signs lead toward H being Hastings imo. In the final episode of S3 after Cotton's escape Hastings was in charge with organising the armed response unit and this seemingly took an age. When Kate told Hastings over the phone that there was one subject down Hastings' reaction that it wasn't Cotton was telling. Hastings wanted Cotton dead, preferably via Kate.

ALso, that masonic handshake business...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,061 ✭✭✭trashcan

Hope Hastings isn't dirty. Don't really think he will turn out to be either. Adrian Dunbar playing a blinder in the role btw. The central trio of Steve, Kate and Hastings are a great team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,832 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

That was a seriously fantastic hour of tv.

Another great series of Line of Duty.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭HiGlo

Ooooooooooh....... So that's who H is... :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,014 ✭✭✭✭Basq

HiGlo wrote: »
    Ooooooooooh....... So that's who H is... :)
    Didn't watch it back but DenOfGeek mentioned last week that Hilton was the obvious one for 'H' as..
    Dot said to Kate, before blinking a confirmation that the bent officer’s name began with ‘H’. Who told the Caddy to go up for promotion in the closing scenes of series one? It was Hilton. Go and see for yourself on Netflix. It’s all there.
    http://www.denofgeek.com/uk/tv/line-of-duty/48914/line-of-duty-series-4-episode-5-review

Great series. Looking forward to series 5 already!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,529 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Great end to a great series. 6 episodes is the sweet spot for a show like this.

The stuff with Hastings in the final moments was a bit on the nose.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭cjmcork

really enjoyed that - sat on the couch with the mobile phone off and no one to disturb me - need to re-watch it tomorrow! Thandie Newton played a bloody blinder in it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,195 ✭✭✭volchitsa

Brilliant, wasnt it? A tiny quibble with Hasting's clunky "Well here's Justice" line though. The Jody side of things was fab, I thought. Better than I had expected, I'd been thinking it was rather weak, but no, Roz still came up trumps in a way, even as her life went down the pan!

Reem Alsalem UNSR Violence Against Women and Girls@UNSRVAW "Very concerned about these statements by the IOC at Paris2024 There are multiple international treaties and national constitutions that specifically refer to#women and their fundamental rights to equality and non-discrimination, so the world has a pretty good idea of what women -and men for that matter- are. Also, how can one assess whether fairness and justice has been reached if we do not know who we are being fair and just to?"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

No one messes with Hastings!

A life's work indeed, look forward to the next series, which will surely be the last....?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,299 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

I guessed lakewell was balaclava man (men) lots of fun in that last episode. Ted though looks like he is involved FELLA! :(

Not sure why Jamie went so mad into helping Hilton?...maybe they had something on him? Also was Tim Ifeld a balaclava man or what?! Lots of loose ends for the next series can't wait!

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭heyjude88

Where was Maneet??? :( :( 

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭HiGlo

gmisk wrote: »
    I guessed lakewell was balaclava man (men) lots of fun in that last episode. Ted though looks like he is involved FELLA! :(

Not sure why Jamie went so mad into helping Hilton?...maybe they had something on him? Also was Tim Ifeld a balaclava man or what?! Lots of loose ends for the next series can't wait!

I'm not sure if you've watched the most recent episode?? The series finale on tonight............
    But all of those loose ends were cleared up tonight....

Balaclava man is
    not actually 1 person but a few different guys. (Lakewell isn't one of them, he just called the person connected to them). All part of a the Moss Heath gang who have been in all of the underlying stories since the beginning.

Tim Ifield, we were previously led to believe
    is NOT balaclava man but imitated him because he was expecting another body to show up (Ros's)
    and was trying to help get Michael Farmer off the hook cause he believed he was being framed. So by appearing at balaclava man while Farmer was in prison "proved" it couldn't be him.

Ted Hastings is
    not involved in any dodgy activity that we know of.
    H is Hilton

Jamie got involved because
    yes indeed the gangland crew that have been pulling the strings the whole time (Gates, Denton, Huntely etc...
    ) have roped him in too - seemed to be indicated that he was sucked in through Hilton as he believed that Hilton would look after him

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

One of the best series of TV I've watched, and also an antidote to the trend of crime dramas that move slower than a smail.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 797 ✭✭✭xlogo

Really enjoyed it as usual - but the whole series was built on a very tin premise that a very experienced investigator couldn't find a pulse on a body (regardless of the panic etc).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Skid X

Absolutely terrific television, I cannot remember the last time I have been gripped by a serial so much. It would not have been the same binge watching it.

One scene tonight stuck with me. After Steve called the team back in to turn around and have one final go at uncovering Roz's movements on the night she hid the evidence - that look of pride in Ted Hastings face as he surveyed his team fighting until the very end.

That had me welling up, fella.

xlogo wrote: »
    Really enjoyed it as usual - but the whole series was built on a very tin premise that a very experienced investigator couldn't find a pulse on a body (regardless of the panic etc).

And his reaction was to
    chop up the body
    :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,705 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

H is Hargreaves not Hilton
    Hilton is a pawn and important to the organisation because of his professional power not his gang position
    Hilton gave his secret gang number out to try to get sex with Roz.
    Hargreaves and the murdersquad girl Sam come in to interrogate hubby
    Sam and jimmy (sic) are watching Roz' confession and she jumps up and disappears and Hilton is tipped off but she answers to Hargreaves not Hilton
    Jamie waits instructions from Hilton
    If Hilton was the leader he'd not have had himself killed
    Hargreaves is the leader of the police ring

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 617 ✭✭✭biZrb

xlogo wrote: »

He was a scene of crime officer (I think?) so would deal with collecting evidence, he'd not a doctor so it may be possible he couldn't find a pulse.

Anyway, brilliant ending, had me gripped the whole way though.
    Loved when Roz pulled out the number on the napkin, it made me think of her in a whole new way. Clever woman :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,299 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

HiGlo wrote: »
    I'm not sure if you've watched the most recent episode?? The series finale on tonight............
    But all of those loose ends were cleared up tonight....

Balaclava man is
    not actually 1 person but a few different guys. (Lakewell isn't one of them, he just called the person connected to them). All part of a the Moss Heath gang who have been in all of the underlying stories since the beginning.

Tim Ifield, we were previously led to believe
    is NOT balaclava man but imitated him because he was expecting another body to show up (Ros's)
    and was trying to help get Michael Farmer off the hook cause he believed he was being framed. So by appearing at balaclava man while Farmer was in prison "proved" it couldn't be him.

Ted Hastings is
    not involved in any dodgy activity that we know of.
    H is Hilton

Jamie got involved because
    yes indeed the gangland crew that have been pulling the strings the whole time (Gates, Denton, Huntely etc...
    ) have roped him in too - seemed to be indicated that he was sucked in through Hilton as he believed that Hilton would look after him

I watched it but I missed a couple of things maybe oops! I definitely don't remember all those things being cleared up....
    especially RE ifield dressing as balaclava man...Ted just seemed nervous towards the end... Do you not think last shot hints that next series may be about his proteges going after him?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 797 ✭✭✭xlogo

biZrb wrote:
    He was a scene of crime officer (I think?) so would deal with collecting evidence, he'd not a doctor so it may be possible he couldn't find a pulse.

I'm not a doctor but think I would have a better attempt at finding a pulse.

Loved it.

Might give it a week or two before I watch it all again.

• Advertisement

gmisk wrote: »
    I watched it but I missed a couple of things maybe oops! I definitely don't remember all those things being cleared up....
    especially RE ifield dressing as balaclava man...Ted just seemed nervous towards the end... Do you not think last shot hints that next series may be about his proteges going after him?

I think it's a near certainty that your spoiler will be focus the next series. As I said. it was too on the nose so I'm guessing there's more to be revealed.
    there's a logic gap here if they can catch out these corrupt and dodgy cops but cops can't find a council estate gang in balaclavas.

Advertisement