Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Line of Duty (BBC) **Spoilers**

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭gilly1910

Dempo1 wrote: »
    Nooooooooooo, Please god no, I'm still recovering having lost 4 hours of my life watching historys worst ever series Bloodlands, it was beyond shockingly bad, the only thing that didn't fall apart was Nesbitts Hair Piece.

Jed Mercurio did not write Bloodlands, yes he had some involvement, but it was written by a Co. Down creator called Chris Brandon, and sadly there are plans for a second series :). However hopefully Jed will keep away from this drivel if they do make a second series.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,852 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

I think Carmichael will come onside

She put on her coat to accompany the gang to the shootout didn’t she?

I think she follows procedure to the letter of the law. The letter. At the moment she sees AC12 under Ted as corrupt and bumbling. When the evidence is presented to her next week I believe she will become an ally.

She may also be in line for questioning given the suspicious timing of her stopping surveillance on Ryan and Jo. Much depends on where those orders came from.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,512 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Seathrun66 wrote: »
    She may also be in line for questioning given the suspicious timing of her stopping surveillance on Ryan and Jo. Much depends on where those orders came from.

that can only be from Osbourne or DCC Andrea Wise. nobody else would have that authority.

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭gilly1910

The camera seems to linger on Chloe an extra couple of seconds during or after most of her scenes. Something could come out about her - not sure if she's necessarily bent but there's something more to her (some of her scenes imply this too, such as the ones with Lakewell), or they could be just building her character up a bit more so that when she's killed off the audience cares more/is shocked,....or it could be a red herring.
    The same doesn't apply to Chris Lomax though.

Not a bad thing in fairness though ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,135 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Race is something Chloe is very passionate about , it’s obvious the case she’s looking into has affected her despite being before her time , so I feel she’s going to freak out at Steve for treating her like garbage and running off to Kate every time he finds out something leaving her ignored

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,402 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

Chris Lomax: Dot, part 2

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,060 ✭✭✭Sexual Chocolate

Did anyone notice Ted saying to Carmichael as they were leaving the AC-12 office that Kate was his officer ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,060 ✭✭✭Sexual Chocolate

Race is something Chloe is very passionate about , it’s obvious the case she’s looking into has affected her despite being before her time , so I feel she’s going to freak out at Steve for treating her like garbage and running off to Kate every time he finds out something leaving her ignored

Even still at the end of the day he's an inspector and she's a constable. He doesn't necessarily have to include her in everything.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,053 ✭✭✭The_Wanderer

Did anyone notice Ted saying to Carmichael as they were leaving the AC-12 office that Kate was his officer ?

Yes I did. Thought it a bit strange, but you just never know with LOD!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭Ceist_Beag

Yeah I took that as a reveal that she is UCO for him but of course you never know!

• Advertisement

ShineOn7 wrote: »
    It was a future Spoiler for an episode not aired yet

Not even in the LOD Reddit that has 15,000 regulars did anyone mention it. And when they do talk about teasers like this the post is clearly labelled with Spoiler tags, because they have more cop on

You ballsed up and ruined a great cliffhanger for many of us tonight

Let's leave it at that

How do you know? Nothing is yet revealed and your posts are a little bit
    overwrought.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,142 ✭✭✭mr_edge_to_you

The whole thing is mental.

Sure when Steve followed the armed response lads into the workshop he was on the radio requesting medical assistance, the two boys doing CPR didn't flinch. I thought Steve had been set up and he was heading off on the minty highway.

It's great fun but sometimes I think it's becoming a parody of itself. Would love to see the H thing put to bed and then possibly a new series with a bit of a reboot.

golfball37 wrote: »
    Why is the drug test an issue? He’s gonna test positive for codeine in painkillers bought legally at worst to help an injury that causes him pain.

It’s hardly a sackable offence

Levels of use. Far beyond prescribed usage and at a level where it'll have a detrimental effect on his ability to do his job, make decisions, etc. He'll be drug driving for starters.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,953 ✭✭✭duffman13

Sure when Steve followed the armed response lads into the workshop he was on the radio requesting medical assistance, the two boys doing CPR didn't flinch. I thought Steve had been set up and he was heading off on the minty highway.

It's great fun but sometimes I think it's becoming a parody of itself. Would love to see the H thing put to bed and then possibly a new series with a bit of a reboot.

I actually thought it was a set up too. Seemed very low key and quick given all the other raids we've seen previously

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭I told ya

duffman13 wrote: »
    I actually thought it was a set up too. Seemed very low key and quick given all the other raids we've seen previously

Thought that the two AFOs were OCG and killed the two to stop them being arrested. (oh god, I'm using acronyms)

Ceist_Beag wrote: »
    I think this has to be the final season, everything is coming to a climax and at least two of the three main characters are leaving (Hastings retiring, Steve moving to another dept.).
    Some of the dialogue is so OTT that you just have to get past that and enjoy the ride (as has already been said, Carmichael's introduction was farcical and Hastings cramming in his Tedisms even where it is totally out of context is making him a parody of himself at this stage).
    All that aside, it's brilliant entertainment.
    Osborne certainly seems like the obvious candidate now for H but Jimmy Nesbitt being the guy chatting with Jo would tie things in nicely.
    I don't think Chris has anything to do with it, as others said, he doesn't really get involved in any decisions to warrant him being involved.

If the final season surely they'd have emphasised that to get the ratings even higher. You may be right but I think the BBC won't want to let go just yet.

On everything else I think you're spot on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,012 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

The 2 AFOs did shoot them pretty quickly too. The 2 OCG members didn't appear to have any weapons on them. Which seemed a bit strange.

But that also could also be just looking into it too much.

Fitz* wrote: »

I think 90% of the discussion is the same thing. That's what makes it so much fun! People's minds are coming up with all sorts of plots and schemes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,512 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

The 2 AFOs did shoot them pretty quickly too. The 2 OCG members didn't appear to have any weapons on them. Which seemed a bit strange.

there were pistols on the ground when steve walked in.

Seathrun66 wrote: »
    If the final season surely they'd have emphasised that to get the ratings even higher. You may be right but I think the BBC won't want to let go just yet.

The amount of hype on this season is way more than previous seasons. I don't think in previous years I heard of any of the actors bigging up an episode prior to airing like Martin Compton has been in the past few weeks. Of course it may not be the last season but to me it certainly seems to be heading that way. If the Beeb said as much though it would give too much away.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,215 ✭✭✭Sunrise_Sunset

Yep. Adrian Dunbar was on some morning show this morning discussing the series and said
    there's been one big clue about what's going to happen
    Will have to re-watch episode 5 and maybe the whole of the series so far.
    Don't know how any of us/reddit fans could have missed a so called "big" clue so maybe it's a theory we are already discussing

• Registered Users Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭ellejay

I thought that too, til I saw the guns on the ground.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,012 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

there were pistols on the ground when steve walked in.

You're certainly eagle eyed as I've watched that scene twice and missed them both times!

You're certainly eagle eyed as I've watched that scene twice and missed them both times!

They could've been put there on the recorded versions after the real time viewers finished watching

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,474 ✭✭✭Macy0161

The 2 OCG members didn't appear to have any weapons on them. Which seemed a bit strange.
    It was a tool shop for recommissioning guns though?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 590 ✭✭✭Louis Friend

I presume James Nesbitt was in the class photo Ted stared at?

You’d have to think that H is Osborne, but that’s too obvious.

volchitsa wrote: »
    It wasn't the episode, it was a teaser for next week apparently. I watched last night's episode and (luckily) didn't see the teaser, andI really don't want to know what it is.

The spoilers allowed on this thread are about episodes already aired. The BBC were wrong IMO to have shown a teaser that's a real spoiler (if indeed it is) but but it would be better if people on here didn't repeat the teaser please.

It's the pre-season trailer which was discussed here at length when first shown on BBC.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

I was afraid this was going to go the way of Sherlock and Luther did in being dragged out for one (or two) season(s) too many and I think it's now at that stage.

I know there's a suspension of belief but right from the initial raid, Pilkington leaves immediately to make a phone call. For some reason all that unit ran in to the empty warehouse they never kept any officers outside on lookout.

Then they had the ridiculous stand off with the double shot, could see it coming. It will be Ryan getting shot twice, how that gets Jo off the hook I don't know as she set Kate right up. That was until Ryan decided to go into villain monologue for no good reason.

The re-introduction of Carmichael was ridiculous too, she came in stomping like a pantomime villain, all she was short was twirling her moustache and laughing like a baddie.

Talisman wrote: »
    That's three times in the past week that the BBC has leaked spoilers for the next episode. I think they may be trying to drive up internet chatter about the series.

No spoiler released for next week. The trailer people are referring to was shown on the BBC in late Feb/early March. There were several posts about it here so pretty fair to assume that most fans had already seen either the trailer or posts.

• Advertisement

Just one point on the misspelling of "definately" - this has come up time and again. Was there one episode previously where we saw Ted misspelling it - or did we ever see anyone misspelling it?

Edit: Shows how bad my memory is, I googled it and it was thrown at Ted in season 5 by Carmichael so it has already been used against him (without success). There has to be some reason why it keeps coming up though.

Advertisement