Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Line of Duty (BBC) **Spoilers**

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,598 ✭✭✭OmegaGene

ShagNastii wrote: »
    I’ve a feeling Jimmy Nesbitt will have a run in the series.

He is a big enough star and it makes no sense to me using someone like that in such a throw away way.

I think it’s an uncredited role, as mentioned before in this thread he’s only listed as being in one episode which has aired

The internet isn’t for everyone

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,095 ✭✭✭Jofspring

In the podcast as well they mentioned that Nesbitt was bugging Mecurio to get him in Line of Duty, maybe this was his way of doing it as a bit of a joke between the two of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭Hercule Poirot

Watched the first episode of this season again and it didn't occur at the time it aired because I didn't know his actual identity but when Kate goes to Terry Boyle's address I was very pleased to see a cameo from the printer shop from season 5 in the background

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,648 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

I don't want to say too much in case it's too much of a spoiler but did anyone else clock what it said on the post-it note about the DNA and Jo Davidson?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,095 ✭✭✭Jofspring

I don't want to say too much in case it's too much of a spoiler but did anyone else clock what it said on the post-it note about the DNA and Jo Davidson?

I think a close up of the post-it was already put up here. What's on the note is what was said in the episode so shouldn't spoil anything.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭Heraldoffreeent

Sssssssssssssssh! Absolutely nobody knows that............

Jofspring wrote: »
    I think a close up of the post-it was already put up here. What's on the note is what was said in the episode so shouldn't spoil anything.

Ah I obviously didnt go back far enough. I had missed the bit about her being his niece AND daughter.

Ah I obviously didnt go back far enough. I had missed the bit about her being his niece AND daughter.

Keeping it in the family

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,550 ✭✭✭ShineOn7

I can't see how the Main H reveal will be anything but disappointing no matter what Jed comes out with. He's kinda painted himself into a corner with this

The fans of the show (us) are so passionate about it, that we've looked at every person possible

Let's look at the candidates

- Any of The Main 3: nah I can't see them able to pull this off without ruining the show. And the only one of the three who really could be H is Ted, who we love

Osbourne - once my fav pick to be H, now I think it'll be a let down if he is

Tommy Hunter is still alive and is H? Nah, too mental

Marcus Thurwell (James Nesbitt) - he's not long enough on the show for us to care

Ones that will be completely "meh? is that it?":
    • Rohan Sindwhani
    • Andrea Wise
    • DCI Mark Moffatt (the guy who gave Ted the 100 grand and tried to frame him)
    • Gill Biggeloe
    Other possibilities:
    • It's a character not yet seen
    • "H" = Hillside
    Curveballs:
    • Nick Huntley from Season 4 (purely a candidate because he was a bad guy and his surname begins with "H")
    • Nigel Morton (Neil Morrissey) - I don't think he is though based on his character and also (podcast mild spoilers)
      Morrissey has said on the official podcast that he's not in this season. Unless he's spoofing
    • Lisa McQueen - I don't think we've seen the last of her, but I believe she's deep undercover and not H (PS - if she's in any upcoming previews etc please don't spoil it here)

I think that's everyone?! :pac:

TLDR: Whoever/whatever H is, it'll take something really, really creative by Mercurio to make us go "wow!"

^ doesn’t the entire series from day one make us go wow and that’s why it does so well, the only disappointing thing about finding out who H is means that will be the end

• Advertisement

[HTML][/HTML]
    OmegaGene wrote: »
    ^ doesn’t the entire series from day one make us go wow and that’s why it does so well, the only disappointing thing about finding out who H is means that will be the end

Good point actually

A bit like not wanting to finish the last chapter in an excellent book

See? it's not that complicated at all

3z5bkswrvku61.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,191 ✭✭✭RandomViewer

ShineOn7 wrote: »
    I can't see how the Main H reveal will be anything but disappointing no matter what Jed comes out with. He's kinda painted himself into a corner with this

The fans of the show (us) are so passionate about it, that we've looked at every person possible

Let's look at the candidates

- Any of The Main 3: nah I can't see them able to pull this off without ruining the show. And the only one of the three who really could be H is Ted, who we love

Tommy Hunter is still alive and is H? Nah, too mental

Marcus Thurwell (James Nesbitt) - he's not long enough on the show for us to care

Ones that will be completely "meh? is that it?":
    • Rohan Sindwhani
    • Andrea Wise
    • DCI Mark Moffatt (the guy who gave Ted the 100 grand and tried to frame him)
    • Gill Biggeloe
    Other possibilities:
    • It's a character not yet seen
    • "H" = Hillside
    Curveballs:
    • Nick Huntley from Season 4 (purely a candidate because he was a bad guy and his surname begins with "H")
    • Nigel Morton (Neil Morrissey) - I don't think he is though based on his character and also (podcast mild spoilers)
      Morrissey has said on the official podcast that he's not in this season. Unless he's spoofing
    • Lisa McQueen - I don't think we've seen the last of her, but I believe she's deep undercover and not H (PS - if she's in any upcoming previews etc please don't spoil it here)

I think that's everyone?! :pac:

TLDR: Whoever/whatever H is, it'll take something really, really creative by Mercurio to make us go "wow!"

I think it's Wise, Sindawhani is a red herring

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,968 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

Ain’t happening but I think the Hillside reveal could actually work for me.

We may never find out who H is.

It doesn't need to end with a reveal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,194 ✭✭✭Talisman

I think that there's a couple of inaccuracies in that chart. :D

John Corbett's body wasn't in Terry Boyle's freezer.

Dryden didn't betray Tommy Hunter. Hunter tried to get some leverage over Dryden to keep his immunity but it didn't work out. He had ranted about exposing Dryden, I think he assumed Dryden was the man he had an agreement with. The rant which was noted by Jane Akers put him on Cottan's radar and the reason why the ambush was arranged.

If Dryden was already part of the the OCG there would have been no need for them to have him removed from his position. His resignation opened the door for Derek Hilton to be promoted to DCC. It was Hilton was who Hunter met and shook hands with in the interview room in the final clip of the first series - That's where we learned that Hunter was going into witness protection.

Cottan moved to AC-9 (Witness Protection) to keep tabs on Hunter, afterwards he was seconded to AC-12 to follow the investigation. Who facilitated Cottan moving to AC-9? Who told Dryden that he was a 'witness protection expert'?

The wow is the journey that the story has taken you on, it's not the final reveal that determines it. If the series kept you entertained on some level then it did what it was intended to do.

Talisman wrote: »
    The wow is the journey that the story has taken you on, it's not the final reveal that determines it. If the series kept you entertained on some level then it did what it was intended to do.

Perhaps yeah

Similar to what Lost did. The finale was very divisive, but what an amazing TV journey

Speaking of Lost, the guy behind this video has really looked into mental possible curveballs

Including:
    • "H" refers to Terry Boyle's flat ("4H")
    • Dot's dying confession was doctored/edited (interesting)
    • Jed is trying to send Morse code messages with Steve's coffee cup :pac:
    • "H" stands for Hendron Academy where Ryan and more were trained

And more besides

The guy's voice is a bit dreary and it's 3 weeks old (so episodes have aired since) but I think he's onto something with one or two theories here

I think it’s an uncredited role, as mentioned before in this thread he’s only listed as being in one episode which has aired

IMDB is about as reliable as an ashtray on a motorbike for this kind of thing. As far as I know it's a bit like Wikipedia these days and can be edited by any user

I still think we'll see Nesbitt this or next Sunday

My money is on him, Jo or Ryan being this season's Big Long DIR Interview with Ted. If I was to just pick one, I think it'll be Jo

• Advertisement

IMDB is about as reliable as an ashtray on a motorbike for this kind of thing. As far as I know it's a bit like Wikipedia these days and can be edited by any user

I still think we'll see Nesbitt this or next Sunday

My money is on him, Jo or Ryan being this season's Big Long DIR Interview with Ted. If I was to just pick one, I think it'll be Jo

Who mentioned IMDb I was referring to an interview Nesbit has done regarding his role in this and the wind up himself and the creator did to throw fans off the scent etc
    If Nesbits character is in Spain in hiding I can’t see ac12 popping over for a chat

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,012 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

I think I'd actually like it to be Osbourne. It would tie all the series together nicely for me. And the end destination would be taking down bent coppers, which he does look like to be. I would prefer it to be Osbourne over Wise, Hunter, Thurwell et all.

Out of the 3, Ted would be a curveball that would anger so many so the reaction would be cool!

Speaking of Lost, the guy behind this video has really looked into mental possible curveballs ...
    An awful lot of over thought nonsense goes into some theories.

The coffee cup is from Snax in the City, a deli-sandwich shop that has been in operation since before the series was conceived. Fast Fresh Fabulous Food!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,980 ✭✭✭Degag

Fitz* wrote: »

Out of the 3, Ted would be a curveball that would anger so many so the reaction would be cool!

It may be cool but i really don't think it could make any sense! And i'd be way more angry with that rather than being angry with it being Ted!

(although i'd still be angry with it being Ted)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,852 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

Because the people at IMDB are not privy to episodes 6 & 7 and have no idea who's appearing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Officer Giggles

Rewatching season 2, can anyone explain why Dryden sacked his press officer

• Registered Users Posts: 2,384 ✭✭✭raclle

I was wondering that at the time also and the only thing I can think of is either her being smart with him or that she told Hargreaves to do the press conferences even though they were on his orders

• Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭Hercule Poirot

raclle wrote: »
    I was wondering that at the time also and the only thing I can think of is either her being smart with him or that she told Hargreaves to do the press conferences even though they were on his orders

Yeah it's something along those lines; Hargreaves had a disaster of a press conference and Dryden used Jo (think that was her name, she was in Life on Mars) as a scapegoat

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Officer Giggles

Yeah it's something along those lines; Hargreaves had a disaster of a press conference and Dryden used Jo (think that was her name, she was in Life on Mars) as a scapegoat

I had thought that at the time but I wasn't sure was I missing something, was thinking there was more to it

• Advertisement

He wanted her to make the story about his wife's car to disappear and she couldn't do that. It was part of the conspiracy to have him removed or be influenced by the OCG.

Advertisement