Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Continuous Assessment English Repeat?

• 26-06-2012 5:02pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 705 ✭✭✭

So I was just reading over the book of modules for English and noticed that for two of my modules, failed elements of continuous assessment must be repeated

I passed two modules over all but failed the essays so did/will I have to repeat them? :\

Also I know that there's expected personal responsibility for these things but we were made aware that we had to repeat the mid-term if we failed it but repeating the essay was never mentioned.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16 Arabella

I was in the exact same position last year where I failed an essay yet managed to pass the module overall. I emailed the English Department and they informed me that there is no need to repeat the essay if the module has been passed anyway. You could email the department just in case things have changed since last year. Hope this helps!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 705 ✭✭✭keepkeyyellow

Arabella wrote: »
    I was in the exact same position last year where I failed an essay yet managed to pass the module overall. I emailed the English Department and they informed me that there is no need to repeat the essay if the module has been passed anyway. You could email the department just in case things have changed since last year. Hope this helps!

Star. I emailed the office one minute after the closed and I just needed to know. Thank you anyway

Actually the two modules were 18th Century Lit and a Critical Skills Seminar, which one did you have the problem with?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16 Arabella

It was also a Critical Skills Seminar that I had difficulty with. The essay was worth 20%. Even though I failed the essay I still passed the module. It was a seminar that I had little interest in, which makes it that much harder to pass :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 705 ✭✭✭keepkeyyellow

The woman in the office got back to me and it's both grrrrand.

You think being an English student I'd understand the wording better, thank you though !

Advertisement