Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Which of these 27" monitors?

Options
  • 26-06-2012 5:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 659 ✭✭✭

I'm in the market for a 27" monitor, and have narrowed the choice down to either:

Asus VE278Q
    Acer H274HLbmid
    AOC E2795VH
    LG M2762D M62D-PZ
    Samsung S27A550H
    Samsung T27A300
    Samsung S27A350H

So does anyone have any opinions on which one to choose? Or can anyone suggest any other monitors in the €300'ish price range?

Thanks in advance :)

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056587214

you'll wanna have a read through this thread :)

ordered a 27" 2560x1440 ips potalion for 288 yesterday, hopefully should have it early next week

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭msg11

ToadVine wrote: »
    I'm in the market for a 27" monitor, and have narrowed the choice down to either:

Asus VE278Q
    Acer H274HLbmid
    AOC E2795VH
    LG M2762D M62D-PZ
    Samsung S27A550H
    Samsung T27A300
    Samsung S27A350H

So does anyone have any opinions on which one to choose? Or can anyone suggest any other monitors in the €300'ish price range?

Thanks in advance :)

I have the Acer 24", excellent screen is all I can say.. 24" is massive, sure you need a 27" ? !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 659 ✭✭✭ToadVine

msg11 wrote: »
    I have the Acer 24", excellent screen is all I can say.. 24" is massive, sure you need a 27" ? !

Yes ... definitely need one, and I love the extra real estate!!

Thanks for the suggestions guys ... keep em coming!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭msg11

ToadVine wrote: »
    Yes ... definitely need one, and I love the extra real estate!!

Thanks for the suggestions guys ... keep em coming!

Make sure you have a good graphics card, my one can't keep up with full screen videos. But for the money I paid in about 200euros it's well worth it. Has the HDMI in so also a plus !

Only thing is, I would have liked to mount it on a swivel bracket from my wall but no mounting arrangement on the back sadly.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,882 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

You won't get any more real estate unless they're 1440p or higher. I just checked the asus one of those and presume they're all the same at 1080p. You're just going to have 1920x1080 stretched to 27 inches so it won't look sharp and you won't have any extra space. Look for the best pixel pitch (PPI, DPI, same thing, just the distance between the pixels and the number of pixels per inch)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,983 ✭✭✭Tea_Bag

catleap catleap catleap Yamakasi Catleap!

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭Fiddlex

I agree with tea the catleap is the way to go. Either that or another Korean brand.

Advertisement