Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can I dial Ireland 1800 freephone number from mobile (Meteor)?

Options
  • 26-06-2012 5:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭

I do not have a landline phone, just Meteor pay as you go mobile. I tried to call this number for the Ryanair credit card customer service and was told the number cannot be dialed from my region.

I believe I've called 1800 before and definitely 1890 without a problem. Do you need a landline to dial SOME toll free calls in Ireland or do I need to add some prefix? Here is the site:

http://www.cashpassport.com/1/en-ie/Ryanair/Contact-Us/
    Ireland 1800 481 016

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,748 ✭✭✭Do-more

Some 1800 numbers can only be dialled from landlines and some can be called from all phones inc. mobiles.

It's down to the company who is paying the bill for the call to decide whether they wish to accept the much higher call costs involved in receiving calls from mobiles or not.

Some do, some don't and of course Ryanair....

012480856 should get you through to Ryanair.

invest4deepvalue.com

• Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭ScottSF

Does anyone know how to tell if a number can be dialed from mobile or why on earth there are limitations? Since mobile callers pay for outgoing calls, you would think that I could dial any number (just the toll free may not be free is all).

I would also guess that many newcomers to Ireland opt for a mobile only and don't bother getting a landline. This issue of being unable to call businesses must come up often but I could not find anything else about it online.

As for Ryanair, I was actually trying to call the Cash Passport Credit Card sales or customer service line with a question. Can't seem to call that number. Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,748 ✭✭✭Do-more

ScottSF wrote: »
    As for Ryanair, I was actually trying to call the Cash Passport Credit Card sales or customer service line with a question. Can't seem to call that number. Thanks!

Looks like their 1800 number is terminating to an overseas number which is 001 954 838 8294

If you Google that number their are plenty of instances of them giving instructions to call the operator and place a reverse charge call to that number, so I'd say your best bet is to do that or else email them!

invest4deepvalue.com

Advertisement