Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Largest on-land seizure of drugs in the history of the state.

167891012»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,397 ✭✭✭Paparazzo

http://news.yahoo.com/how-the-global-war-on-drugs-drives-hiv-and-aids.html

We should probably look after the plughole that all those junkies are falling down and while we're at it maybe we should plug up some other holes...

How can you have the tenacity to talk about the cumulative damage junkies are doing to their bodies when your wife could do less harm to herself getting kicked in the c*nt by an entire army platoon rather than what she put her body through, squirting out your sprogs? Having children isn't some divine calling, there's 7 billion of us already here if you haven't noticed.

We don't live in the Ireland of half a century ago and we don't live in Kenya, having to populate a farm with workers so we can harvest the crop and live securely into our forties. You sound like you live in a city, why did you need to have 5 kids?

Good luck raising 5 well adjusted human beings, all sleeping in the 2 bedrooms of your affordable housing unit that you're not f*cking in.

Good luck with the next 20 years of your children hating you because you'll never have enough time, attention, love, toys or money. Good luck explaining to them why the other children have more, especially if one of them has a knack for critical thinking and sees that it's all your fault. Good luck keeping them away from the drugs that are so easily gotten in lower income areas(because of our stupid laws), especially when you forbid them of even thinking about trying them(works well with young people). I honestly mean that, good luck, because these kids are already here and they're gonna need all the luck in the world with the roll of the dice they've been given.

What's your plan for them, that they be good devoted practitioners so you outbreed the heathens? Or do you want them to do better in life than you did(better education, further up the social ladder)? Or did you not think, were you just selfish? Did your primate brain get the better of you, so that you could have tiny versions of yourself running around to inflate your ego, so after you were dead and gone your genes would still be here, perpetuating themselves?

I'm gonna go out on a limb here and assume you are religious(there's not many outside of organised religion having 5 kids)- does your religion not teach compassion for vulnerable people?

Talking of drugs, which ones are you on right now?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 712 ✭✭✭Formation

Good rant. Thats how its done! Dont worry about being factual or coherant, just let the fcuker have it!

Some of the best kids i knew growing up were 2/3 to a room versus the only child spoilt brat who had their own wing in the mansion that the bank is close to foreclosing on.

have a spliff and chill out.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,945 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

Snake plissken banned.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭df1985

What should a person be allowed for personal use and what amount should a person be taken to court for dealing ?

People will have different opinions on this but if you were stopped we'll say at maybe a festival:

3 esctacy tablets/small amount of MDMA.
    1-1.5g of coke

even though many people would use more than that for personal use over a weekend, anymore after that on a person in ONE INSTANCE, i.e and the guards would be entitled to the suspicion that you may be giving some to other people.could be wrong but I think in the eyes of the law money doesnt have to exchange hands for it to be considered supplying drugs - so say someone was walking into a music tent with 5 ecstacy tablets...although they may just eb carrying it on them for future use, also the possibility they could GIVE it to friends, no money involved.

I personally think dealing/supplying should only really be considered when money passes hands but in that case that would create a loophole easily exploited. a lot of small technical legal issues to be considered in allowing personal use.

Even now though a guard will have enough cop on themselves to know e.g good friend of mine is a guard.security would find small amounts on people all the time he says at festivals at the searches. the guards ask them a few questions, take it off them and let most be on their way. His attitude is give them a talking to, might give them a fright or whatever.

can you imagine the cost to the state if everyone in that kind of instance was to be arrested, brought to a station, prosecuted.....complete waste of resources.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 182 ✭✭Burt Lancaster

http://news.yahoo.com/how-the-global-war-on-drugs-drives-hiv-and-aids.html

We should probably look after the plughole that all those junkies are falling down and while we're at it maybe we should plug up some other holes...

How can you have the tenacity to talk about the cumulative damage junkies are doing to their bodies when your wife could do less harm to herself getting kicked in the c*nt by an entire army platoon rather than what she put her body through, squirting out your sprogs? Having children isn't some divine calling, there's 7 billion of us already here if you haven't noticed.

We don't live in the Ireland of half a century ago and we don't live in Kenya, having to populate a farm with workers so we can harvest the crop and live securely into our forties. You sound like you live in a city, why did you need to have 5 kids?

Good luck raising 5 well adjusted human beings, all sleeping in the 2 bedrooms of your affordable housing unit that you're not f*cking in.

Good luck with the next 20 years of your children hating you because you'll never have enough time, attention, love, toys or money. Good luck explaining to them why the other children have more, especially if one of them has a knack for critical thinking and sees that it's all your fault. Good luck keeping them away from the drugs that are so easily gotten in lower income areas(because of our stupid laws), especially when you forbid them of even thinking about trying them(works well with young people). I honestly mean that, good luck, because these kids are already here and they're gonna need all the luck in the world with the roll of the dice they've been given.

What's your plan for them, that they be good devoted practitioners so you outbreed the heathens? Or do you want them to do better in life than you did(better education, further up the social ladder)? Or did you not think, were you just selfish? Did your primate brain get the better of you, so that you could have tiny versions of yourself running around to inflate your ego, so after you were dead and gone your genes would still be here, perpetuating themselves?

I'm gonna go out on a limb here and assume you are religious(there's not many outside of organised religion having 5 kids)- does your religion not teach compassion for vulnerable people?

lol, . . . . and slowly down the plughole they go. Darwin was right. Again, Legalise it I say, we may as well get some tax off them as they slowly self pollute and erase.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 237 ✭✭Snake Pliisken

I apologize, Burt. I was out of line with some of the language I used, though I would be interested in answers to some of the questions I raised in the ban-worthy post. What was your motivation to bring 5 children into an already crowded world? Why not adopt? Do you have a life plan that the children are part of?

It should be noted that as far as what 'I was on' is concerned, it was solely alcohol. I don't usually drunk-post here, but I was awake and the computer was on so I went ahead and poured out some uninhibited drivel on the keyboard, and then spell checked the hell out of it...

Advertisement