Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Largest on-land seizure of drugs in the history of the state.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭bohsboy

gaffer91 wrote: »
    How can you still advocate that? Can you not see that that policy has been an abject failure? In the States it's stricter and it's even worse.

Of course I can advocate it and whole heartedly support it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,307 ✭✭✭gaffer91

bohsboy wrote: »
    You do realise in the first link that its outlining a list of the most dangerous drugs?

There are only so many recreational drugs. And look how far down LSD and MDMA are. And look how high alcohol is, and it is widely (and correctly) accepted that it is much better off legal than illegal.

There are only so many recreational drugs. And look how far down LSD and MDMA are. And look how high alcohol is, and it is widely (and correctly) accepted that it is much better off legal than illegal.

You seem to think that Im a fan of alcohol? Alcohol is not the yard stick that every drug should be held up to. That is a list of dangerous drugs. There is nothing safe or glamorous about any of them.

gara wrote: »
    Or maybe people can't be arsed reiterating the same basic points to your increasingly ridiculous half-baked responses

I think any neutral observer would agree that the legalisation posters have consistently backed their opinions up with facts and ran rings around the falsehoods, lies, scaremongering and strawmen of the prohibitionists.
    Of course I can advocate it and whole heartedly support it.

So you think the current policy is a success?

You seem to think that Im a fan of alcohol? Alcohol is not the yard stick that every drug should be held up to. That is a list of dangerous drugs. There is nothing safe or glamorous about any of them.

I never said that. History shows that alcohol is better far off legal, despite its dangers. I would apply similar logic to LSD, which is also much less harmful and has therapeutic purposes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 67 ✭✭.Bob

I'm all for legalizing e.t.c,as for young people in this country like me, its as easy to get weed or mdma as it is to get alcohol at times. Dealers don't close at 10pm or refuse if you don't have ID.

One thing I would be for is making drugs such as mdma and coke available for over 21's possibly. I only tried these when i was around this age and i felt that i had the cop on to enjoy it responsibly, but i don't think my 18 year old self would have had that.

Another problem i see with legalizing a lot of drugs is overdosing.
    Smoke too much weed or drink too much alcohol and you pass out usually before theres too much harm done, take too much speed or coke and you can get in a bad way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,030 ✭✭✭✭Chuck Stone

Id lock users and dealers up all day long.

You're a prison officer?

You're a prison officer?

Really? That explains it then. Big vested interest. I wouldn't worry though, there will always be people to be put in prison.

You're a prison officer?

No. But if I was, I'd gladly lock them up all day long.

Really? That explains it then. Big vested interest. I wouldn't worry though, there will always be people to be put in prison.

Explains what?
    I detest drug takers and dealers? Hardly just a prison officer view. Pretty common view across this island.

• Advertisement

Explains what?
    I detest drug takers and dealers? Hardly just a prison officer view. Pretty common view across this island.

Explains why you would have a vested interest in locking up people for a victimless crime. More work.

Explains why you would have a vested interest in locking up people for a victimless crime. More work.

Victimless crime? Do you get out at all or ever read newspapers? And you'd be pretty surprised, your local dealer and taker are not held up as bastions of society in any part of this country.

No. But if I was, I'd gladly lock them up all day long.

You consistently refuse to answer why you are so keen to pursue the same failed policies?

You consistently refuse to answer why you are so keen to pursue the same failed policies?

Because the alternative would be much much worse.

Victimless crime? Do you get out at all or ever read newspapers? And you'd be pretty surprised, your local dealer and taker are not held up as bastions of society in any part of this country.

Well we've gone full circle now. I, and others, have dealt with issues like these already. I would suggest reading the thread from start to finish again, approaching with an open mind and you will hopefully see the error in your ways.

How anyone could advocate continued drug prohibition, despite its proven failures, is beyond me.

I detest drug takers and dealers

So you also hate publicans and alcohol abusers?

Because the alternative would be much much worse.

This has been debated to the end and I think anyone with an open mind to the subject would realise that is not the case. Less deaths, safer drugs, less waste, more income, more jobs, more liberty.

Well we've gone full circle now. I, and others, have dealt with issues like these already. I would suggest reading the thread from start to finish again, approaching with an open mind and you will hopefully see the error in your ways.

How anyone could advocate continued drug prohibition, despite its proven failures, is beyond me.

I suggest you trot back over your meanderings and you will see the error of your ways. The others, you mention are long gone and now you are left grasping at my statements and making up rubbish. You seem to have the tone of a legal student? Makes sense, have you a vested interest in defending scumlords? Makes sense, more work.

So you also hate publicans and alcohol abusers?
    Publicans more so.

• Advertisement

Less deaths, safer drugs, less waste, more income, more jobs, more liberty.

And what successful model are you basing this on?

Publicans more so.

Yeah.. and that would be because...

I suggest you trot back over your meanderings and you will see the error of your ways. The others, you mention are long gone and now you are left grasping at my statements and making up rubbish. You seem to have the tone of a legal student? Makes sense, have you a vested interest in defending scumlords? Makes sense, more work.

I am not a legal student, no. But if I was I would have a vested interest in maintaining drug laws so I would have wealthy clients to defend surely?

This recent post on a cannabis thread summed up most neutrals viewpoints I think.

Yeah.. and that would be because...

Legalised drug dealers.

But if I was I would have a vested interest in maintaining drug laws so I would have wealthy clients to defend surely?

Well, more drugs more clients.

Look lads, its getting late....and its way past my bed time. No ill will issued, just a good argument. We'll agree to disagree! ;)

Legalised drug dealers.

I guess you used to use the drugs they sold you and thus contributed to the sale and supply?

• Advertisement

I guess you used to use the drugs they sold you and thus contributed to the sale and supply?

Keep guessing.......

Well, more drugs more clients.

Look lads, its getting late....and its way past my bed time. No ill will issued, just a good argument. We'll agree to disagree! ;)

But if the drugs were legal I wouldn't have clients to defend?

No ill will is right (until the next time we cross paths!).

Keep guessing.......

Reformed drinker?

Imo there's nothing worse than a reformed 'user' gettin all evangelical with everyone for partaking in behaviour they once had no problem with.

Would that be close OP?

Reformed drinker?

Imo there's nothing worse than a reformed 'user' gettin all evangelical with everyone for partaking in behaviour they once had no problem with.

Would that be close OP?

Sadly no. Im more of a home brew type. Keep it light and out of the hands of the vicious dealers. ;-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

Sadly no. Im more of a home brew type. Keep it light and out of the hands of the vicious dealers. ;-)

DRUG ABUSER!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

So have you a grow on now?

Oh really?

Busted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭MaxSteele

Have a probationary period where the most common recreational drugs such as Cannabis, Coke and MDMA are legislated and regulated for a certain time period.

Analyse the stats and figures, compare these stats to when said substances were illegal, then move on from there.

Then maybe slowly start to consider the same approach with Heroin, but more heavily regulated. Food for thought.

The whole notion as well that the drug problem would become exponentially worse due to legality is fairly far fetched. People aren't afraid to take drugs on the basis of it's legality or whether others might see it as immoral. Drug consumption isn't a taboo subject anymore.

People interested/against/pro or anti drugs will still stick to their principles and opinions on drug use and whether they want to partake in it or not. Education is key. It;s the most important factor on abusive habits as is advocating sexual protection.

The clutching at straws statements harping on about so and so who died because of x drug or gangsters who will move onto racket y is getting tiresome too. Proof of success in Holland, Portugal and even other vices such as prostitution in Germany and The netherlands is there to see. Where's your proof ??

The fact people here just assume there is no more realistic approach other than prohibition (after the disaster of the drugs war and alcohol prohibition) is just shocking.

Oh really what?

The poster was advocating taking ecstacy on a sunday night? Its not possible to function after it? Believe you me, I've seen the effects of it.

Now lets have a trawl through your posts and see what we can come up with?

Have fun. :)

Have fun. :)

Put that in your pipe...
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=2904420

You'll find its a better read and judging by the amount of dental work you've had done the grinding of your teeth could be caused by a lot of things. That molar work sure is costing a penny.

Put that in your pipe...
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=2904420

You'll find its a better read and judging by the amount of dental work you've had done the grinding of your teeth could be caused by a lot of things. That molar work sure is costing a penny.

Why would I grind my teeth?

Why would I grind my teeth?

Could be the cause of your problems....

Oh really what?

The poster was advocating taking ecstacy on a sunday night? Its not possible to function after it? Believe you me, I've seen the effects of it.

Depends on how fussy one is. I've seen people face a day's work following a couple of hours sleep after MDMA no problem.

Could be the cause of your problems....

What problems? :D

• Advertisement

Depends on how fussy one is. I've seen people face a day's work following a couple of hours sleep after MDMA no problem.

Jesus, Ive seen some clamped jaws hours upon hours after MDMA. Then again, not sure if its down to the strength of the tablets, tolerance too to be taken into account.

What problems? :D

:D:D:D:D
    Those ones...

Jesus, Ive seen some clamped jaws hours upon hours after MDMA. Then again, not sure if its down to the strength of the tablets, tolerance too to be taken into account.

Oh come on you said this

What were you doing in the 'dodgy clubs', 'many a time', 'wasted'?

What were you wasted on? Home brew?

Please.

I'm out. G'night.

**** pills are generally the cause. Anyone I know who's done it on a regular basis would find a good supply and stick with it. The first try of a new batch would be slow rolling to make sure it was the same as the last one rather than just a similar mark or colour of powder.

Oh come on you said this

Ive also wasted myself many a time on a Saturday night in dodgy clubs

What were you doing in the 'dodgy clubs', 'many a time', 'wasted'?

What were you wasted on? Home brew?

Please.

Why so precious? I had my youth, drank and smoked. Never took ecstacy but loved raves and therefore spent a lot of time in the company of people who took it back in the early days. I think its from here that my distaste for all things drug related started as I saw the effects it had on people I knew over a few years.
    Is it wrong to be in a dodgy club? many a time? wasted?
    I am now a fan of home brew, cider was my choice then now I get to make my own. ;)

Again, from my observation, it could be the grinding thats causing your problems.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,199 ✭✭✭Shryke

Pure mdma comes as a crystal or powder. Pills will contain mdma or a variant like mda but they are not the same thing and can be harsh. It's important to differentiate. After a night of good mdma you would be better off than having a bad hangover.
    You still haven't done your research.

**** pills are generally the cause. Anyone I know who's done it on a regular basis would find a good supply and stick with it. The first try of a new batch would be slow rolling to make sure it was the same as the last one rather than just a similar mark or colour of powder.

What frequency are batches coming out these days? And as for MDMA levels now? As good as early 90's or a lot of watering down?

Shryke wrote: »
    Pure mdma comes as a crystal or powder. Pills will contain mdma or a variant like mda but they are not the same thing and can be harsh. It's important to differentiate. After a night of good mdma you would be better off than having a bad hangover.

I've seen people take a ridiculous amount of clean MDMA and stupid amounts of alcohol and wake up fresh as a daisy the next day. Difference between it and pills is amazing.

Shryke wrote: »

What are you harping on about now?

• Advertisement

What frequency are batches coming out these days? And as for MDMA levels now? As good as early 90's or a lot of watering down?

Couldn't tell you, I don't bother with the stuff myself and I'm not old enough to know about the early 90s.

Advertisement