Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Switching back from Ulster Bank

Options
  • 26-06-2012 5:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 216 ✭✭

If I open a new current account tomorrow will I receive a Visa Debit card or a Laser card and how long will it take? Also, can I open 2 current accounts as I like to have one for incoming and one for outgoings

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 354 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Pat

Hi skeptik,

If you open a standard current account you will receive a Visa Debit card. It will take approximately 7-9 working days for the card to reach you after the account is open.

It is also possible to open two current accounts. You'll need to make an appointment with your local branch to apply.

Hope this helps
    Pat

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Contactless

Why not open a savings account for the incoming payments? That way you will earn interest and not pay charges. You can always transfer online to the current account if you need to take funds out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 354 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Pat

If you do start thinking of opening a savings account as well, you should be able to find something that suits you. You can find more information on our range of savings products here.

Thanks
    Pat

• Closed Accounts Posts: 216 ✭✭skeptik

Why not open a savings account for the incoming payments? That way you will earn interest and not pay charges. You can always transfer online to the current account if you need to take funds out.

Never would've thought of that in a million years, thanks very much!

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭MaudL

Hi,

I'm in the same situation where I am looking into switching to BOI from Ulster Bank.
    Considering the situation, is it possible to expedite the process of receiving the debit card and pin code? 7 to 9 business days is another two weeks of waiting to get back to living our lives. Not everything can be done with cash...
    Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Tara

Hi MaudL,

Thanks for your query.

Due to the high number of Visa Debit cards being issued it can take 8 - 10 working days for the card to arrive. Unfortunately we cannot speed up this process.

Thanks
    Tara

Thank you Tara.
    Another question: if I had a current account with you, would it be possible to deposit a check written out to me in Euros, but from a bank in a different country? If so how long would it take to clear and what if any fees would you take?
    Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 371 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Graham

Hi MaudL,
    you can lodge them to your account. They may need to be sent to the issuing bank for cheque clearing, which can take a minimum of 4 weeks and sometimes more. You'll be advised of this and any charges at the branch when you lodge the cheque. You can use our branch locator to find your nearest branch and its opening hours by clicking here.

If you have any other queries, please don't hesitate to ask.
    Thanks,
    Graham

thanks Graham

Advertisement