Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Dynasty League

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭BigBadRob83

Drew Brees also available. Has a few more years left in him than Peyton.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,590 ✭✭✭Tristram

Brady already traded this season. Manning and Brees up for offers now. It's all change apparently!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,369 ✭✭✭UnitedIrishman

A combination of injuries and drop in form of Rivers is starting to derail my playoff run. Looks like I've lost my 3rd game in a row now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,851 ✭✭✭Spongey1975

A combination of injuries and drop in form of Rivers is starting to derail my playoff run. Looks like I've lost my 3rd game in a row now.

I think i'm the opposite, my players are coming into form, got some guys back from injury and gonna win my 3rd game in a row (surely Cortez Allen cant score 39pts???)

Am I right in thinking this is how things will stand after this week?

East:
    The U 7-4
    Dublin Jets 7-4
    Aile Cows 7-4
    Eagleeye Patriot 5-6
    Bedrock Boulders 3-8
    BelieveInEli 2-9

West:
    New Ireland Patriots 8-3
    Bear Down 8-3
    The Knife Balls 6 -5
    Pillow Fighters 5-6
    Baa Baas 5-6
    DublinDarren 3-8

Eastern division a hell of a lot more competitive than last year. Only two weeks to go until play-offs so it looks like I won't be participating this year. Strangely, I think that I am pretty happy with my roster going forward.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,058 ✭✭✭Guffy

What's the tie break? I'm guessing points scored cause I've beaten dubjets but he's more points than me

gufc21 wrote: »
    What's the tie break? I'm guessing points scored cause I've beaten dubjets but he's more points than me

Yeah, it's total points for.

And next week I play Allie Cows which could decide the division.

Have to start saying a few prayers that Arian Foster returns to fitness!

And next week I play Allie Cows which could decide the division.

Have to start saying a few prayers that Arian Foster returns to fitness!

Well I doubt it will decide the division but I reckon defeat will knock us out of the wild card hunt.

Well I doubt it will decide the division but I reckon defeat will knock us out of the wild card hunt.

Yeah true I guess, thought Allie Cows were ahead of Dublin Jets in points but was mistaken.

Edit; I'm totally forgetting about this weeks games too. Nevermind!

• Advertisement

Trade agreed for Drew Brees with New Ireland Patriots.

I'm trading Colin Kaepernick and a conditional pick. (My first if The U make the playoffs, or second if The U don't make the playoffs)

That's an interesting trade to follow. Personally, I reckon Kaepernick is as good as he's ever going to be. Would have faith in Brees being the better fantasy performer for another few seasons yet. Hope it works out well for both parties!

• Registered Users Posts: 35 vivab13

This is UCD AFC on a new account (don't worry I wasn't banned or anything) - email I was using out of service so trying to ensure nothing is at risk...as I posted on league messages, business as usual - just so you know. When the LM has a chance could you update the boards username - team name post. Thanks

Need my new recruit Drew Brees to have a 300 yards, 3 TD game and Owen Daniels to have something like a 60 yard, 1TD game to be in with a chance of a win against Allie Cows.

Brees has been in around the 300 mark in all his games at home this season but has only thrown 3 TD's in one game.

Need my new recruit Drew Brees to have a 300 yards, 3 TD game and Owen Daniels to have something like a 60 yard, 1TD game to be in with a chance of a win against Allie Cows.

Brees has been in around the 300 mark in all his games at home this season but has only thrown 3 TD's in one game.

Actually on tender hooks for this one. In my case its win or go home due to points. Brees on monday night has a real possibility of crushing it. Don't really know what to expect from Daniels, can be a two receptions for ten yards day as easily as 4 for 80 and a td.

I have a decent advantage and if it wasn't brees in prime time I'd be confident enough. But it is!!

Actually on tender hooks for this one. In my case its win or go home due to points. Brees on monday night has a real possibility of crushing it. Don't really know what to expect from Daniels, can be a two receptions for ten yards day as easily as 4 for 80 and a td.

I have a decent advantage and if it wasn't brees in prime time I'd be confident enough. But it is!!

Think it's a bit too much to ask really. Makes for an interesting Monday night game though! Can't see Daniels making enough of an impact to get me over the line. Might not have had such issues if I'd remembered to put Chris Clemons back in my lineup after his bye week - ended up getting 15 points.

Think it's a bit too much to ask really. Makes for an interesting Monday night game though! Can't see Daniels making enough of an impact to get me over the line. Might not have had such issues if I'd remembered to put Chris Clemons back in my lineup after his bye week - ended up getting 15 points.

I do still have lofton too, I figure I need him to get a season low of 4 points which I hope will put me over the line.

Can I just point out that Team BelieveinEli hasn't fielded a full team since week 6. If he is to return next year I think there should be a sanction for this in the shape of some form of draft punishment. If someone else is to be brought in his stead fair enough.

Thought I was done for at half time. Brees had 20 points and looked like he would rack up another 20. Thankfully he wobbled, threw a pick 6 and never really got going again until the last drive.

bit miffed ba baas didn't start a Qb though, should have beaten dublin Jets.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,879 ✭✭✭D3PO

Can I just point out that Team BelieveinEli hasn't fielded a full team since week 6. If he is to return next year I think there should be a sanction for this in the shape of some form of draft punishment. If someone else is to be brought in his stead fair enough.

yeah I agree. I would have beaten him even if he fielded a full team this week but makes only my 4th win of the season feel a bit shallow :mad:

• Advertisement

D3PO wrote: »
    yeah I agree. I would have beaten him even if he fielded a full team this week but makes only my 4th win of the season feel a bit shallow :mad:

Personally I dont think he should be permitted to return and a new player found. I'm sure we all know someone interested in a dynasty

Personally I dont think he should be permitted to return and a new player found. I'm sure we all know someone interested in a dynasty

I'd agree with that. If a player is inactive for any more than 2-3 weeks in a row they should be replaced really.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭BigBadRob83

Yeah would agree, only want active guys in the league

Have someone to sign up.. he has run a league I'm in for a few years and always active.

Are there no boardsies on the waiting list?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,851 ✭✭✭Spongey1975

There is no rush to replace him, as long as we do so before next years draft

• Registered Users Posts: 7,879 ✭✭✭D3PO

yep no panic to replace him. I would have thought boardsies would get first preference to take the spot given it is a boards league and all that.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 AnchormanSL

Hi, I'm the person gufc21 refers to. Havn't been active on boards for quite some time but would love to join the league. If there is someone else that's been waiting for a place, fair enough, give it to them. I'll happily take it otherwise

• Registered Users Posts: 35 vivab13

Thought I was done for at half time. Brees had 20 points and looked like he would rack up another 20. Thankfully he wobbled, threw a pick 6 and never really got going again until the last drive.

bit miffed ba baas didn't start a Qb though, should have beaten dublin Jets.

Yeah he would have beaten me, I looked at the matchup before games started and it's a bit disappointing to think barring a really poor showing from my team I'm going to win. As much as I like winning it takes the excitement out of the matchup

Edit: Although he needed 17 to equal me and he has no QB on the bench so it would have been closer

• Advertisement

vivab13 wrote: »
    Yeah he would have beaten me, I looked at the matchup before games started and it's a bit disappointing to think barring a really poor showing from my team I'm going to win. As much as I like winning it takes the excitement out of the matchup

Edit: Although he needed 17 to equal me and he has no QB on the bench so it would have been closer

Checked fa.. kyle orton was best alternative at 17 so Would have been a tie at worst. Still though takes the fun out of the matchup.

Advertisement