Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Dynasty League

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

eagle eye wrote:
    I wasn't inactive, just had a lot of defenders on byes and issues at RB too.

Agh no worries mate
    Wasn't having a go or anything at you personally,just trying to see if it was that team.

Announcing a trade with billr67.
    Billr67 acquired Matt Ryan
    Brinty acquired Sterling Sheppard and Robert Quinn

• Registered Users Posts: 3,590 ✭✭✭Tristram

brinty wrote: »
    Announcing a trade with billr67.
    Billr67 acquired Matt Ryan
    Brinty acquired Sterling Sheppard and Robert Quinn

Weird one for TT considering he already has Matt Stafford at QB who is ranked 5th. Hell of a high scoring back-up / bench spot :D Hope it works out for you!

Tristram wrote:
    Weird one for TT considering he already has Matt Stafford at QB who is ranked 5th. Hell of a high scoring back-up / bench spot Hope it works out for you!

Ryan is ranked #1

Ryan is ranked #1

Yeah, I get that alright. I just reckon that there's just not a whole lot it in it between the top 5 QBs at the minute and you can only start one of them any given gameweek. Will be curious to see how it progresses over the rest of the season. I just looked at the trade and tried to understand it from TT's POV and thought it seemed like a fairly marginal upgrade at a position of strength that gave up two decent players at positions of weakness. One man's meat is another man's poison and all that though! :) If I was in the other teams shoes I'd be delighted though having traded away a QB like and still having Rodgers to be my starter and getting stronger at two other positions.

• Advertisement

GUys its gone very quiet in here in recent weeks. No banter or trading going on.

Who's up for a bit of a trade. I'm putting Khallil Mack on the block. Who wants him??

Announcing a trade with Limpar
    Limpar acquires the following
    DeMarco Murray
    1st round pick in 2017 of Tristram (I hold this from Rob Gronkowski deal)
    I also return his first round pick for 2017 which I held from a prior trade

Brinty acquires the following
    Limpar's 3rd round pick in 2017
    He returns the third round pick in 2017 I had acquired from Anchorman and traded to him in previous deal
    And Ezekiel Elliott returns home to the Aillie Cows

• Registered Users Posts: 7,879 ✭✭✭D3PO

Brinty just so I'm sure I have read that trade right

Demarco plus 2 2017 1st rounders for zeke and 2 2017 3rd rounders.

D3PO wrote:
    Demarco plus 2 2017 1st rounders for zeke and 2 2017 3rd rounders.

Yep that's correct
    Best and youngest RB in the league for a more mature RB

Lads whats the story with the playoffs ? having taken over a team with the 1st overall pick just 2 seasons ago its not something ive paid much attention to up to this point but having slowly built up my squad this season i have an actual chance.

My understanding was that the top 2 in each division make the championship bracket and after a big win last week over Spongey to get to 2nd place in the west division I thought great, only to check the current bracket that sees 3 teams in the east and just pillow fighters in the west making it.

clearly its points for as a tiebreaker but i assumed that was just for an in division breaker and that it was 2 from each division ? I mean what is the point of the divisions if qualification is going to work on record and then points for across them both ?

• Advertisement

I think it's winners from each side and next two teams with best records. Would prefer what you suggest but I don't think we play divisional opponents same amount? Must be some obstacle to it but don't remember.

ok cool thanks for the clarification. like i said until this year i havent had a need to concentrate on it. Rules are tthe rules jsut feeling a bit demoralised right now lol hopefully i can win out and make it anyway :)

D3PO wrote: »
    ok cool thanks for the clarification. like i said until this year i havent had a need to concentrate on it. Rules are tthe rules jsut feeling a bit demoralised right now lol hopefully i can win out and make it anyway :)

I could well be wrong. Spongy is best placed to clarify.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,369 ✭✭✭UnitedIrishman

Trade agreed with Allie Cows.

Allie Cows received Luke Leuchly and The U's 1st and 4th draft picks - if the U make the last 4 or Jeffrey finishes top 10 out of receivers.
    Or The U's 2nd and 3rd if neither of the two above things happen.

The U receives Alshon Jeffrey.

All but confirmed, Allie Cows will get a 2nd and 3rd cos Jeffrey bombed out and so did The U.

All but confirmed, Allie Cows will get a 2nd and 3rd cos Jeffrey bombed out and so did The U.

Good job i was not banking on the 1 mate. You were flying up to recently but Jeffrey let you down big style. My apologies ;) Kuechely getting injured could derail my stride now!!!!

Hey guys,
    Hope you're all doing well and good luck for the rest of the season and play offs.

As things stand i have 4 picks in the second round and 5 in the third (based on Alshon Jeffrey not going nuts or UI getting back inside the top 4 spots)

I'd be willing to package a couple of the picks for firsts in 2017 or 2018.

Just throwing it out there and if anyone wants to get back to me once the final positions and draft order is available I'd be willing to make deals.

Thanks,
    Brinty

Just throwing it out there and if anyone wants to get back to me once the final positions and draft order is available I'd be willing to make deals.

arent draft positions (at least the first 8 not already now set ? )

Trade announced

D3PO trades first round pick for 2017 to Brinty in return for Brinty's top 2nd round pick for 2017 and his first round pick in 2018

Compensatory pick clause

If the first round pick Brinty trades ends up 1.06 or sooner in the 2018 draft Brinty receives D3POs 2018 3rd round pick

Make it to the play-offs only to drop lowest score of the year. This feels familiar :D Would be needing about 40 points from my remaining LB and K to make this competitive.

Tristram wrote: »
    Make it to the play-offs only to drop lowest score of the year. This feels familiar :D Would be needing about 40 points from my remaining LB and K to make this competitive.

Yes you can

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43 AnchormanSL

Lads, Just a heads up.

I won't be playing next year (Deez Ducks). Tried to stay as competitive as possible but I was in multiple leagues this year and found it too difficult to give as much attention as I'd have liked. Cutting back this year and unfortunately it's the "paid" dynasty that I'm prioritizing.

@Brinty , I apologize for being so unresponsive with regards to getting your 1st back. Mind was made up mid-season about leaving and I didn't want make any drastic moves for the next manager.

Commissioner, Let me know if you need me to do anything to vacate the position.

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭Doogs27

Hi guys, apologies if this is not the right place to do it but I'm looking to join a dynasty league. Paid or unpaid either is fine with me. Can anyone point me in the right direction? NE and LSU fan.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,851 ✭✭✭Spongey1975

Need someone to take over running this league. Thanks

Would like to say a big thank you to Spongey for all his efforts in running it up until now. I can do it if there are no other volunteers.

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭gerryfed

Alright lads. Let us know if any spaces come up and you need a replacement ;) Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭BigBadRob83

Thanks for the effort Commish

• Registered Users Posts: 38,294 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Thanks for all the effort you put in Spongey, you did a great job.

Thanks for all you've done Spongey, was a fantastic league last season.

Has anyone taken up the commish role yet? Did Tristram agree to take things on.

Think we've two open slots for the season. Is everyone else signed on for another year? Has anyone applied for a team? Any news on the draft? start date?

Going to put it out there guys I have 11 picks and I'm willing to trade any or all for players and/ or other draft picks. The picks are as follows 1.03, 2.08, 2.10, 2.11, 3.04, 3.08 - 3.11, 4.08 and 5.08, so if you're interested in doing deals drop me a DM. I won't drive a hard bargain on them.

Haven taken stock of my schedule for the next 2-3 months, might be best if someone else would be kind enough to volunteer to take over as commissioner!

• Advertisement

Tristram wrote:
    Haven taken stock of my schedule for the next 2-3 months, might be best if someone else would be kind enough to volunteer to take over as commissioner!

Guys I'll step up and take things on if no one else will. spongey if you could pm on what's involved

Advertisement