Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Dynasty League

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

Morning all, as you know by now I’ve taken over from Spongey1975 as commissioner and would like to thank him for all the work he has done over the past few years running things. If I can do even 10% of the job he did we’ll be in good hands. I sent out a private messages to everyone yesterday re 2017 season.

The following players are back in
    Myself
    Spongey1975
    Tristram
    Limpar
    D3PO

I’m awaiting responses from
    Eagle eye
    Nehemiah Teeny Ginseng - Said he was out this year
    AnchormanSL – Said he was out this year
    BigBadRob83
    Billr67
    UnitedIrishman – Missed the draft in another league we’re in
    Masked Man

Also welcome aboard to Doogs27 who’ll be taking over one of the orphaned teams. We’ll need another player if anyone knows someone looking for a team.

Any questions, queries etc drop me a PM.

We’ll look to get the draft going ASAP once we get everyone back on board and orphaned teams reassigned. I’ll post up the draft running order as I have it right now later on.

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭billr67

Hi Brinty I'm definitely back too. Sorry for not responding quicker but I was away yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,525 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

I'm back for another year.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭BigBadRob83

I'm back too

Just waiting on response from
    United Irishman - If we don't hear from him i know he'll be ok with auto drafting for him..
    Masked Man - our defending champion..

We still have a spot open so if you guys know someone in another league you're taking part in and they want to take on another team let them know.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭Blue Shamrock

brinty wrote: »
    Just waiting on response from
    United Irishman - If we don't hear from him i know he'll be ok with auto drafting for him..
    Masked Man - our defending champion..

We still have a spot open so if you guys know someone in another league you're taking part in and they want to take on another team let them know.

I'd love to give it a go, but have only played the regular boards leagues before.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 P Sheriff Manning 18

Hey looking to try dynasty football this year. Is there a new league being set up I can join?

Who has what picks in the upcoming draft?

Hey looking to try dynasty football this year. Is there a new league being set up I can join?
    If you are genuinely interested you need to start posting a bit more on the forum. The only posts from you have been about joining fantasy football.

eagle eye wrote: »
    Who has what picks in the upcoming draft?

Hey eagle eye
    I'll post up th draft order on Monday but as a heads up you have pick 1.01 so have a think about who you're picking
    Orphan team is next up after that then me (through a trade last year) and then the second orphan team

• Advertisement

I know I have the first pick and I'm certain of who I'm picking if I hang on to the pick.
    Just wanted to see who has what picks and decide if I might want to do a trade.

Ok folks, Blue Shamrock has taken the second available team so I'll let himself and Doogs27 pick their team at random. Once I have got that done I'll post the draft order as one of those available teams has two first round picks.

Still no word from Masked Man and United Irishman. I'll reach out again through PM here and mail through the ESPN fantasy app. If there's no word within a couple of days we'll start the draft process and auto pick for them. I know UI won't have a problem with that as we had to do it for him in another league and MM has the last pick so hopefully we'll have broken through to him by then.

Any other queries, please let me know and I'll answer.

OK folks,
    So Doogs has taken over from Anchorman and takes on Deez Ducks
    Blue Shamrock takes over at The Vinegar Strokes from Nehemiah Teeny Ginseng

Just an update of user names and teams

User Name Team Name
    Eagle eye Foxboro Legends
    Blue Shamrock The Vinegar Strokes
    D3PO Team DublinDarren
    Doogs27 Deez Ducks
    BigBadRob83 New Ireland Patriots
    Billr67 Terrible Towels
    Spongey1975 Bear Down
    UnitedIrishman The U's
    Tristram Pillow Fighters 
    Me Ailie Cows
    Limpar Dublin Jets
    Masked Man Bedrock Boulders

And now the moment you have all been waiting for, here's the running order for the upcoming draft.

Can you all review in case I have any picks incorrectly allocated.

Pick Team
    1.01 Eagle eye
    1.02 Blue Shamrock
    1.03 Brinty
    1.04 Doogs27
    1.05 Limpar
    1.06 Billr67
    1.07 Spongey1975
    1.08 UnitedIrishman
    1.09 Limpar
    1.10 Doogs27
    1.11 Limpar
    1.12 Masked Man

2.01 Eagle eye
    2.02 Blue Shamrock
    2.03 D3PO
    2.04 Doogs27
    2.05 D3PO
    2.06 Limpar
    2.07 Spongey1975
    2.08 Brinty
    2.09 Limpar
    2.10 Brinty
    2.11 Brinty
    2.12 Tristram

3.01 Eagle eye
    3.02 Blue Shamrock
    3.03 D3PO
    3.04 Brinty
    3.05 BigBaddRob
    3.06 Billr67
    3.07 Spongey1975
    3.08 Brinty
    3.09 Brinty
    3.10 Brinty
    3.11 Brinty
    3.12 Masked Man

4.01 Eagle eye
    4.02 Blue Shamrock
    4.03 D3PO
    4.04 Doogs27
    4.05 BigBaddRob
    4.06 Limpar
    4.07 Spongey1975
    4.08 UnitedIrishman
    4.09 Tristram
    4.10 Brinty
    4.11 Limpar
    4.12 Masked Man

5.01 Eagle eye
    5.02 Blue Shamrock
    5.03 D3PO
    5.04 Doogs27
    5.05 BigBaddRob
    5.06 Billr67
    5.07 Spongey1975
    5.08 UnitedIrishman
    5.09 Tristram
    5.10 Brinty
    5.11 Limpar
    5.12 Masked Man

• Registered Users Posts: 3,591 ✭✭✭Tristram

So long since I've made a draft pick in this league I won't know what to do! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,369 ✭✭✭UnitedIrishman

Back for another year. Will follow the thread to ensure I make draft picks!

OK folks,

The two new members Doogs27 and Blue Shamrock have accepted their teams and are on board. UI has been in touch and he's back in too. So we're only awaiting news from Masked Man our defending champ. I've PM'd and contacted through ESPN so hopefully there's some news there.

So I think as we're almost fully subscribed we should kick off the draft ASAP. Is everyone OK with Eagle Eye going on the clock at 12pm tomorrow? Normal rules are 24 hours for each pick and you notify the person who's next in line by private mail. Once you've made your pick you update the draft order with the pick on thread.

Is this acceptable for everyone? Would anyone like to make or suggest changes?

I notice some teams haven't dropped any players yet. Doesn't this have to be done before the draft?

As soon as the draft finishes it's open season on the waiver wire.

I notice some teams haven't dropped any players yet. Doesn't this have to be done before the draft?

As soon as the draft finishes it's open season on the waiver wire.

No, players can be cleared from rosters up to and including the date of the completion of the draft. Once the draft is complete everyone needs to have their spots clear for their draft class and then I can push down their rookies.

Waiver wire will be set to open after the draft and rookies have been assigned. I'll set an agreed time frame after this, probably a week so that means everyone will have a chance to assess for any injuries that happen in camp/ pre season to their squads.

Just a few notes.

Please PM the next guy, helps speed things up

I will be enforcing the 24 hr clock but I hope we dont reach that stage. If a pick is missed then the draft continues and the guy with the missed pick can select next time he's online

If you are going to be offline for a while then feel free to PM me a list of choices and I will select the highest available for you

You don't need to use all your picks if you don't want to (usually happens in the later rounds) so just post that you are forfeiting picks and we can bypass you

I will need everyone to clear space on your rosters for me to add your rookies. The sooner the better for me. If you plan to add 5 rookies then you need to get down to 25 (nobody should be in the IR spot as that is for in season only). If there is anyone in the IR spot when im adding your rookies and there is no spot for them on your 30 man roster i will drop them.

Any questions just ask

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭Doogs27

Thanks brinty. I'm on hols currently but should be good to crack on. Have a wedding Thursday so if needs be I'll pm you my picks.

Announcing a trade with Blue Shamrock
    Brinty acquires Jordy Nelson
    Blue Shamrock acquires Sterling Sheppard and my picks 2.10 and 2.11

When is the draft starting. I have the first pick and I'm taking Leonard Fournette.

brinty wrote: »
    So I think as we're almost fully subscribed we should kick off the draft ASAP. Is everyone OK with Eagle Eye going on the clock at 12pm tomorrow?

12 pm lunchtime tomorrow....
    When is the draft starting. I have the first pick and I'm taking Leonard Fournette.

Don't even let me do my best Roger Goddell there sir.....

Sorry for the delay folks and in my best Roger Goddell accent I now declare the 2017 Boards Dynasty Draft open :

nfl-draft-2017-53d0e6eb80619ff7.jpg

1.01 Eagle Eye - Leonard Fournette
    1.02 Blue Shamrock - Corey Davis

Brinty is now on the clock.

Bloody hell Brinty the Brown's would be proud of you 11 picks!

Sorry repeat post!

billr67 wrote: »
    Bloody hell Brinty the Brown's would be proud of you 11 picks!

Down to nine after the trade with Blue Shamrock.

Hue Jackson has called me to see if i could come in for next season..

How is Marshawn Lynch on somebody's roster already? I thought we had to wait until after the draft to do any changes once the season ended?

• Advertisement

How is Marshawn Lynch on somebody's roster already? I thought we had to wait until after the draft to do any changes once the season ended?

I believe Bill who has terrible towels held him for the whole of last season so there's no issue with it.

The league is locked down so no one can claim players unless I do it for them.

This does not affect trades which are done between teams as they go through the approvals process.

Advertisement