Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Dynasty League

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 38,288 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

brinty wrote: »
    I believe Bill who has terrible towels held him for the whole of last season so there's no issue with it.

The league is locked down so no one can claim players unless I do it for them.

This does not affect trades which are done between teams as they go through the approvals process.
    He added Marshawn Lynch on March 23rd. He added a few other players also. He is the only one who did any transactions up until June 4th. After that on June 6th which appears to be just after the start of this season Dublin Jets added Jack Doyle and dropped Jacquizz Rodgers.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,590 ✭✭✭Tristram

Think rosters are in lock-down after end of season with no additions until free agency begins again. Any accidental additions after the end of the season can just be reversed by the commish so we can all splurge once FA kicks off! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

Tristram wrote:
    Think rosters are in lock-down after end of season with no additions until free agency begins again. Any accidental additions after the end of the season can just be reversed by the commish so we can all splurge once FA kicks off!

Guys if details can be sent through pm I'll make the changes to rosters to reverse those deals

There used to be a way to view all transactions by date through the 'recent activity' section but I can't seem to view prior June 6. Looking at the various rosters shows the info below. Now that I've exited that screen I have no idea how to get back to it though...

Maybe someone can help out?

Tue, Jun 6
    6:21 PM Transaction
    Add/Drop DJET added Jack Doyle, Ind TE from Free Agency to Bench
    DJET dropped Jacquizz Rodgers, TB RB to Free Agency DJET Roster

Marshawn Lynch Added from Free Agency by The Terrible TowelsMar 23, 4:55 AM
    Dwayne Allen Added from Free Agency by The Terrible TowelsMar 20, 5:18 AM
    Rex Burkhead Added from Free Agency by The Terrible TowelsMar 20, 4:09 AM
    Cameron Meredith Added from Free Agency by The Terrible TowelsFeb 15, 7:43 AM
    Jerrell Freeman Added from Free Agency by The Terrible TowelsFeb 15, 7:42 AM

Guys I'll make those changes in the morning
    No players can be acquired like that

• Advertisement

Cool, maybe just double check that it's correct and/or is all of them!

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭billr67

You can add and drop whoever you like during free agency that's part of being in a dynasty league. Once draft season starts the league should be in lock down for the new season. That's ESPN rules.

billr67 wrote: »
    You can add and drop whoever you like during free agency that's part of being in a dynasty league. Once draft season starts the league should be in lock down for the new season. That's ESPN rules.

When I joined the league I argued a very similar point. However, it was discussed and decided against afair. You can trawl back through the thread to find.

If that's the rule then fine but it hurts people with poor teams who can use free agency to take punts on improving their team. Lock down should only happen once the rookies join the players list. Before that you should be able to add/drop and trade whoever you like. I didn't hide anything I was doing they're all there in the transaction list too.

Tristram wrote: »
    There used to be a way to view all transactions by date through the 'recent activity' section but I can't seem to view prior June 6. Looking at the various rosters shows the info below. Now that I've exited that screen I have no idea how to get back to it though...

Maybe someone can help out?

Tue, Jun 6
    6:21 PM Transaction
    Add/Drop DJET added Jack Doyle, Ind TE from Free Agency to Bench
    DJET dropped Jacquizz Rodgers, TB RB to Free Agency DJET Roster

Marshawn Lynch Added from Free Agency by The Terrible TowelsMar 23, 4:55 AM
    Dwayne Allen Added from Free Agency by The Terrible TowelsMar 20, 5:18 AM
    Rex Burkhead Added from Free Agency by The Terrible TowelsMar 20, 4:09 AM
    Cameron Meredith Added from Free Agency by The Terrible TowelsFeb 15, 7:43 AM
    Jerrell Freeman Added from Free Agency by The Terrible TowelsFeb 15, 7:42 AM

Ok folks, these trades have been reversed and the players dropped added back on to the teams of each player.

• Advertisement

Sorry for the delay folks, I was trying to work a trade but doesn't look to be coming off

1.01 Eagle Eye - Leonard Fournette
    1.02 Blue Shamrock - Corey Davis
    1.03 Brinty - Christian McCaffrey
    1.04 Doogs27 - Mike Williams

Limpar is now on the clock at 1.05

• Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭Limpar

Announcing a trade with Billr67.

Bill gets pick 1.05, while I receive pick 3.06 and Bill's 2018 1st and 3rd.

With pick 1.05 The Terrible Towels draft Joe Mixon
    With 1.06 Dalvin Cook.
    I'll pm the next guy up.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,851 ✭✭✭Spongey1975

1.07 OJ Howard TE Tampa Bay

• Registered Users Posts: 2,546 ✭✭✭Masked Man

Hey, sorry I've been a bit useless lately (appreciate the pm brinty!).

My team hasn't been taken right?

Masked Man wrote:
    Hey, sorry I've been a bit useless lately (appreciate the pm brinty!).

My team hasn't been taken right?

Great to have ye back mate
    Wouldn't be right to not have the defending champion to aim at
    And just in time
    Was gonna draft ye five kickers ;)
    Only kidding

Afternoon folks,
    So it appears we have a Minnesota vikings case on our hands and the pick at 1.08 has not been turned in within the allotted 24 hour window
    I know spongey pm'd UnitedIrishman and I have sent two pm 's also
    As the rules of the league state after 24 hours the next player can make their pick and the player losing their spot picks the next time they are online.
    Limpar can now move in and make his pick at 1.09.
    I have messaged UI to let him know what is happening

• Registered Users Posts: 5,369 ✭✭✭UnitedIrishman

Sorry, do I pick now or do I have to wait until after Limpar?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,369 ✭✭✭UnitedIrishman

Think I'm still up - I select John Ross with pick 1.08.

Sorry, do I pick now or do I have to wait until after Limpar?

Think I'm still up - I select John Ross with pick 1.08.

No problem there UI,you got in with your pick

I had spoken with Limpar offline earlier and told him you he could make a pick but you've beaten him to the punch so I see no issue with it.

• Advertisement

Moving through at a decent auld pace, nice!

Tristram wrote:
    Moving through at a decent auld pace, nice!

You'll have a pick soon ;)

You'll have a pick soon ;)

I wonder how many players I have drafted since joining...

• Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭Limpar

With pick 1.09 The Dublin Jets select Samaje Perine.

Minnesota vikings mark 2
    I've reached out to tell Limpar the doogs can jump in now as the 24 hours are up.
    I have doogs choice so will make his pick in one hour if I have not heard from Limpar or doogs has not made the pick himself. Limpar will then be back on the clock at 1.11 and can make two picks. If he has not made those choices by this time tomorrow Masked Man can jum up and make his first round pick.

Hopefully it won't come to that

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭Doogs27

Minnesota vikings mark 2
    I've reached out to tell Limpar the doogs can jump in now as the 24 hours are up.
    I have doogs choice so will make his pick in one hour if I have not heard from Limpar or doogs has not made the pick himself. Limpar will then be back on the clock at 1.11 and can make two picks. If he has not made those choices by this time tomorrow Masked Man can jum up and make his first round pick.

Hopefully it won't come to that

Thanks brinty. Confirming, that with pick number 1.10 I select TE David Njoku.

And Doogs will need to make his own selection now as that was his pick too

Apologies just noticed Doogs got who he wanted
    Well done sir

Announcing a further trade with Limpar. Limpar receives Dalvin Cook, billr67 receives picks 1.11, 2.09 & 4.11.

With pick 1.11 The Terrible Towels draft WR Zay Jones

• Registered Users Posts: 7,879 ✭✭✭D3PO

are we not supposed to list all picks when we pick ?

this one liner I pick x is a pain in the arse and will cause duplicate picks of the same player. Can we please revert to the way we do the draft every year ?

appreciate there are new people but all was fine till pick 1.04 then fell apart. If you don't know what you should be doing look at brintys post on the previous page and follow suit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,879 ✭✭✭D3PO

1.01 Eagle Eye - Leonard Fournette
    1.02 Blue Shamrock - Corey Davis
    1.03 Brinty - Christian McCaffrey
    1.04 Doogs27 - Mike Williams
    1.05 The Terrible Towels - Joe Mixon
    1.06 The Terrible Towels - Dalvin Cook
    1.07 Spongey - OJ Howard TE Tampa Bay
    1.08 United Irishman - John Ross
    1.09 Dublin Jets - Samaje Perine
    1.10 Doogs - TE David Njoku
    1.11 The Terrible Towels - WR Zay Jones

need some of the team names modified but let stick to the program please gents.

Advertisement