Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Dynasty League

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,590 ✭✭✭Tristram

Off to a disappointing start as expected. Gap isn't impossible to make-up but will need a lot of luck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

Tristram wrote: »
    Off to a disappointing start as expected. Gap isn't impossible to make-up but will need a lot of luck.

You never know mate... You're projected to lose by 5... thats a TD, a fumble and interception so head up, it very possible.

I got home thanks to a monster game from Jamaal williams and left Sean Lee on my bench so you never know how it will fall.

Into finals week(s)

Championship Match up Aille Cows (Brinty) v Foxboro Legends (Eagle Eye)
    Winners Consolation Ladder Bedrock Boulders (Masked Man) v Pillow Fighters (Tristram)

Consolation Ladder
    Deez Ducks (Doogs27) v The Vinegar Strokes (Blue Shamrock)
    The U (United Irishman) v Dublin Jets (Limpar)
    The Terrible Towels (Billr67) v New Ireland Patriots (BigBadRob83)
    Team DublinDarren (D3PO) v Bear Down (Spongey1975)

Best of luck everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 38,285 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

A slender lead after the first leg of the final.

Unless there is some stat correction I've just lost out by 1.5 points in the final on one of the last plays in the last game of the regular season.

• Advertisement

Ouch!

Hey ��
    I’m genuinely sorry mate
    I was up by a few then you got a late td to jump ahead
    I was resigned to losing and then Dunlap...

But mate look where you came from and where you are now, we’ll done and what a aseason by you sir..

You’re clearly this season mvp

Congrats Brinty, i wasn't complaining there just saying how it happened. It was a cracking final, good fun keeping an eye on it all night.

eagle eye wrote: »
    Congrats Brinty, i wasn't complaining there just saying how it happened. It was a cracking final, good fun keeping an eye on it all night.

Agh I knew you weren’t mate and thanks to you also, we’d a great finale to it
    I was devastated When you got that jump on me with late td..
    A close and exciting game is never good for the soul but always full of excitement
    I was blown out in my other dynasty final by almost 100 points so this was a nice pick up...

Roll on the 2018 season... let draft plans and trading begin...

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭Doogs27

Congrats brinty

• Advertisement

HI everyone, another great season in the books and hope everyone enjoyed themselves. So just to give everyone an recap

2017 Boards Dynasty league winner - Brinty and the Ailie Cows
    2017 Boards Dynasty league runner up - Eagle eye and the Foxboro Legends
    2017 Boards Dynasty league third place - Tristram and the Pillow Fighters
    2017 Boards Dynasty league fourth place - Masked Men and the Bedrock Boulders

The other eight positions were decided by the regular season records as normal.

So to give everyone a rough idea of the 2018 draft running order
    1 D3PO
    2 Billr67
    3 United Irishman
    4 Spongey1975
    5 BigBadRob83
    6 Doogs27
    7 Blue Shamrock
    8 Limpar
    9 Masked Men
    10 Tristram
    11 Eagle Eye
    12 Brinty

Obviously that's subject to any trades which I need to update the file for.

I'll try and lock down the board so there can be no picks up can be made. If people notice any activity on this please let me know and I'll reverse the transaction(s) straight away.

As commissioner I'd like to thank you all for the season, it was the easiest of the three leagues i'm running to manage. Was a pleasure to run.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,546 ✭✭✭Masked Man

brinty wrote: »
    I'll try and lock down the board so there can be no picks up can be made. If people notice any activity on this please let me know and I'll reverse the transaction(s) straight away.

As commissioner I'd like to thank you all for the season, it was the easiest of the three leagues i'm running to manage. Was a pleasure to run.

I think the charter provides that FA remain open until ESPN deactivates the league. I'm not sure if this was every changed.

If it wasn't, I'd be in favour of changing it now so that there is one or two waiver runs after the end of the season (these would probably have to be done manually). I think this comes up every year!

Couple of other rule changes I might suggest:

1. Move to decimal scoring. I found the rounding down to be fairly frustrating this year.

2. Officially abolish the need to drop five players prior to the start of the season. I'm not sure how much this was enforced last year and I don't think the rule is needed when our rosters are, imo, very shallow.

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭Mr_Man2121

Is there anyway I could play next season?

Mr_Man2121 wrote:
    Is there anyway I could play next season?

You're first on the list if anyone drops out
    There's likely to be a few spits in another league if you want to DM me

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭Mr_Man2121

Okay thank you.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,879 ✭✭✭D3PO

HI everyone, another great season in the books and hope everyone enjoyed themselves. So just to give everyone an recap

2017 Boards Dynasty league winner - Brinty and the Ailie Cows
    2017 Boards Dynasty league runner up - Eagle eye and the Foxboro Legends
    2017 Boards Dynasty league third place - Tristram and the Pillow Fighters
    2017 Boards Dynasty league fourth place - Masked Men and the Bedrock Boulders

The other eight positions were decided by the regular season records as normal.

So to give everyone a rough idea of the 2018 draft running order
    1 D3PO
    2 Billr67
    3 United Irishman
    4 Spongey1975
    5 BigBadRob83
    6 Doogs27
    7 Blue Shamrock
    8 Limpar
    9 Masked Men
    10 Tristram
    11 Eagle Eye
    12 Brinty

Obviously that's subject to any trades which I need to update the file for.

any idea when you will have the draft order locked in ? I know i have 3 first rounders this year 1.1 1.10 & 1.12 & 2 seconds 2.1 & 2.08 (I am the Browns of dynasty !! ) i think the updated board will help particularly if theres anybody whos looking to make draft pick trades in advance of the dynasty draft.

and please god i dont make a hames of 1.01 like i did when i picked Johnny Manziel over guys like OBJ many seasons back !!

• Registered Users Posts: 36,313 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Would be very eager to try a Dynasty League so if a spot here or elsewhere opened up please consider me! Thanks.

Morning all,

I have reactivated the league this morning so you should be able to see your rosters. I will put up the draft running order later today and we should be able to start some trading and draft strategies.

Draft will not be until July/August after OTA's for all teams so rosters should be close to the final 53 man limit for all 32 teams.

are we allowed to pickup non rookie FAs atm ?

I've dropped a bunch of players to make room for my draft strategy but theres one or two FAs id like to add to suppliment that too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭billr67

D3PO wrote: »

I've dropped a bunch of players to make room for my draft strategy but theres one or two FAs id like to add to suppliment that too.

Don't think so I got into trouble last year for doing that and the transactions were unwound. FA only opens after the rookie draft.

D3PO wrote:

Afraid no sir,it's in charter we shouldn't.

Just putting it out there but is everyone returning for the 2018 season? I can kick the draft off once I hear from all 12 players

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭billr67

I'm back anyway. Ready to draft when you are.

I'm back brinty, would prefer not to draft early in July as I'll be on honeymoon. But sure look...... You can have second honeymoons, but theres only one saquon barkley rookie card.....

Back. Prefer to drafting much closer to start of season.

Doogs27 wrote: »
    I'm back brinty, would prefer not to draft early in July as I'll be on honeymoon. But sure look...... You can have second honeymoons, but theres only one saquon barkley rookie card.....

But D3PO has the Barkley card.... i mean #1 pick....

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭Mark2229

Could I join if you guys have any openings?

Mark2229 wrote: »
    Could I join if you guys have any openings?

You're on the list
    Mr_Man2121 has first dibs

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭Mark2229

You're on the list
    Mr_Man2121 has first dibs

Perfect, thank you!

• Advertisement

But D3PO has the Barkley card.... i mean #1 pick....

For now......

Advertisement