Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Dynasty League

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 987 ✭✭✭CoachTO

Have to say Im happy with my team good balance across the board lack depth at RB but im sure plenty of backs will fall apart during the season and their backups start and I swoop in and grab them.

And BBR I know had to add Pollard for the locker room atmosphere :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,369 ✭✭✭UnitedIrishman

Right here's my lineup:

QB -
    Philip Rivers
    Josh Freeman

At least they're two starters and Rivers puts up some big scores.

RB -
    Marshawn Lynch
    Michael Turner
    Arian Foster
    Isaac Redman
    Bernard Scott
    Benjarvus Green Ellis
    Mike Tolbert

Happy with those RB's. Willing to offload 1 or 2 for some decent defensive players if they're going.

WR -
    Steve Smith
    Roddy White
    Robert Meachem
    Mario Manningham
    Nate Burleson
    Santonio Holmes
    Sidney Rice

Decent.

TE -
    Brent Celek
    Tony Gonzalez

Need a TE.

LB -
    Erin Henderson
    Daryl Smith
    Perry Riley

DE -
    Dwight Freeney
    John Abraham

Need waaay more depth here.

DB -
    Kyle Arrington
    Darian Stewart

And here.

K -
    Mason Crosby
    + 3 others

Need to hit the waiver wire.

So basically I'm looking to pickup some DB's/DE's, and a TE.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭BigBadRob83

If you've any guys you're looking to trade, the Trading Block on the ESPN is a very handy way to do it.
    Couple of teams have put guys up there already and good way to keep track of this stuff

You can put up who you're willing to trade, what positions you're looking for, mark if you're interested (or not) in other guys trade blocks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,546 ✭✭✭Masked Man

Kinda surprised at $2 for Akers. Figured I had a good shot with $0 and 3rd in priority.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,929 ✭✭✭JaMarcus Hustle

Masked Man wrote: »
    Kinda surprised at $2 for Akers. Figured I had a good shot with $0 and 3rd in priority.

That was me. I figured others would go for him, and I thought someone might bid $1 so I wanted to be safe with $2.

• Advertisement

I actually was thinking of bidding $1 for him just in case you or Barbarians tried to pick him up for nothing. I ended up with Hartley which I'm pretty happy about.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,851 ✭✭✭Spongey1975

That was me. I figured others would go for him, and I thought someone might bid $1 so I wanted to be safe with $2.

I had the same thinking and also bid $2, you must have been higher up in the waiver order. Damn :(

• Registered Users Posts: 833 ✭✭✭barbarians

Well feck you anyway J :mad:

I was sure most people who would go for him would bid $0 so I was 95% sure that a $1 bid and second in waiver priority would get him for me!

Back to the wire I go :(

Why didn't you guys put a bid on Hartley?

Never thought I'd see so much fuss over a FF kicker! :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Is it $100 for the entire season? Does leftover cash carryover to next season?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,736 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

adrian522 wrote: »
    Is it $100 for the entire season? Does leftover cash carryover to next season?

What's the craic with this? Waiver priority is a bidding-type process, yeah?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,851 ✭✭✭Spongey1975

Mr. Guappa wrote: »
    What's the craic with this? Waiver priority is a bidding-type process, yeah?

You put in a bid ($0 to $100) for any free agent you want and if you're the highest bid you win that player. Ties are broken by the higher waiver priority. Whatever your winning bid is subtracted from your season allowance of $100. Once it runs out you are left with $0 bids and hope no-one else bids for that player

Needed a RB, one of the other teams needed a TE, so I offered Jermaine Gresham for BenJarvus Green Ellis. A very fair deal.

I was then countered, he offered Green Ellis and Bernard Scott for David Wilson and Kyle Rudolph. In a dynasty league. Seriously, why bother? :rolleyes:

Needed a RB, one of the other teams needed a TE, so I offered Jermaine Gresham for BenJarvus Green Ellis. A very fair deal.

I was then countered, he offered Green Ellis and Bernard Scott for David Wilson and Kyle Rudolph. In a dynasty league. Seriously, why bother? :rolleyes:

Right well to be fair my counter was more intended to try get you to propose a better deal. And I do think Rudolph is going to have a better season than Gresham so would probably prefer Rudolph.

Also, relax, it's my first attempt at one of these things. I'm still figuring out ****.

Sorry, no offence intended. I get easily wound up when it comes to trading! I had Wilson on my untouchable list but to be fair, I shouldn't expect you to check that before countering so my bad for complaining. (I have high hopes for Wilson - best RB in the league in 2 years time, i.e. hands off! ;))

Sorry, no offence intended. I get easily wound up when it comes to trading! I had Wilson on my untouchable list but to be fair, I shouldn't expect you to check that before countering so my bad for complaining. (I have high hopes for Wilson - best RB in the league in 2 years time, i.e. hands off! ;))

Ah right, well I probably should've checked that list in fairness! Much ado about nothing. Any way you'd let Rudolph go?

Ah right, well I probably should've checked that list in fairness! Much ado about nothing. Any way you'd let Rudolph go?

Probably not, with Shiancoe gone he's going to be a big part of Minnesota's offence, especially for a young QB with a tendency for short-medium range throws. I'd want someone better than Green Ellis to let Rudolph go to be honest!

Probably not, with Shiancoe gone he's going to be a big part of Minnesota's offence, especially for a young QB with a tendency for short-medium range throws. I'd want someone better than Green Ellis to let Rudolph go to be honest!

I've got this other kid, Bernard Scott... :P

Ah yeah was thinking that to be fair. Think Rudolph is going to be a massive player this year.

Think I'll just be belting ahead with this team for the forseeable future anyways.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

I see a trade I proposed was accepted when do the players actually move?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 987 ✭✭✭CoachTO

mayordenis wrote: »
    I see a trade I proposed was accepted when do the players actually move?

Usually a couple of days after it receives no objections. Is that the trade with me?

If it's the one with TO this is what the email said:

Trade Accepted

League Name: Boards Dynasty League

To: Marshall Mavericks (MAV) - Kevin Moran

MAV traded BenJarvus Green-Ellis, Cin RB to LSLO
    LSLO traded Luke Kuechly, Car LB to MAV
    LSLO traded Melvin Ingram, SD DE to MAV

This trade offer will process at approximately Aug 31, 9:09 PM ET pending review by your league members. To review this trade and cast your vote to veto or allow it, click here

That's with me.

Looking to trade for a starting WR
    Also a young backup TE

Open to offers on most of my team
    Have some very good defenders on my bench if anyone needs help there

There is going to be some huge scores in this league. Think I coulda gotten ~180 if I started my best players.

RG3 is gonna be a steal.

Didn't realise that punt and kickoff returns were included in scoring, was wondering how Randall Cobb scored so high, on my bench of course.
    Left a lot of high-scorers on bench. Gonna be interesting challenge to set lineups with such big rosters and variety of players

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭UCD AFC

Sickened, lost by 2.5 - AJ Green let me down...

Didn't realise that punt and kickoff returns were included in scoring, was wondering how Randall Cobb scored so high, on my bench of course.

Never mind, thought I was in a different thread!

Aaahhh!

Third-highest scoring team of the week, and of course I run into the no.1 team!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭UCD AFC

How's everyone finding the league so far? Definitely underrated defensive players in the draft however some good news for me is that Alex Green will most likely become GB's starting RB.

Advertisement