Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Dynasty League

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,879 ✭✭✭D3PO

on a seperate note and I said this a few years ago.

Can we have a discussion about the playoff format please ?

I like the 2 week format BUT ..... championship being decided with week 17 is just IMO a terrible idea. Having to totally rejig your team as teams rest starters just dilutes things completely and it then is no longer about who has the best fantasy team but can be down to who has the best players playing on scrub teams who happen to be lining out week 17.

For me either a 1 week semi final format followed by a 2 week final format ending week 16 or a 2 week semi final format followed by a 1 week final are the ideal situations.

Others may disagree but I think its at least worth a discussion.

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭billr67

I agree, week 17 is just a bad idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,275 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

I've got a great idea. Fournette to the Chiefs and Hunt to the Jags.
    As a fantasy owner of both it makes perfect sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭Doogs27

Thanks guys!!! Great effort Bill, but as the guys were saying above it really comes down to luck in the final week. I had some monster players on defence throughout the year and rode that to the final. Found it tough right up to kick off yesterday throwing in players that wouldn't normally start so I agree with cutting the last week. I think it's fair that way.

Enjoyed it this year. Probably wasn't as active in trading as I could have been so ill update my trade block soon as suggested above. It'll be interesting to see where bell lands.

Looking forward to watching/enjoying the playoffs now and not scanning the colts/KC jerseys trying to see which of their identitical linebackers just got half a tackle on that draw play up the middle for two yards!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

Hey folks,really enjoyable season. I'll try and get the draft chart up quickly with all trades from the season included

Shouldn't be too difficult this year as we've had a lot lower level of trading in this season.

I'd agree that updating trade blocks would help for everyone in the league.

On the proposal to remove week 17 fixtures I would be in agreement with this idea. Week 17 fixtures can well and truly be a wild card. And a team doing well all year can lose out on a league title based on players being rested etc.

• Advertisement

This post is a voting one to determine if we remove the week 17 fixtures schedule.

To do so I propose removing week 13 from the regular season fixtures and moving to a 12 game regular season with two week semi and final games

If you are in agreement with this please thank the post and if there's a majority supporting this post we'll move to a 12 game season

Why do we need two week semis and finals? I think that's overkill. I think one week semis and a two week final at most. I'd be happy with one week of both tbh.

eagle eye wrote:
    Why do we need two week semis and finals? I think that's overkill. I think one week semis and a two week final at most. I'd be happy with one week of both tbh.

I'm open to to suggestions folks so long as there's a majority of support for one idea

In regards to this query from eagle eye,all other leagues I'm involved in have a two week semi and final so I don't see why weed change that. A 14 week regular season is too long.

brinty wrote:
    A 14 week regular season is too long.
    Well 12 is too short imo.

eagle eye wrote:
    Well 12 is too short imo.

As I say I'm happy to proceed with the majority so let's see what everyone has to say

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,590 ✭✭✭Tristram

brinty wrote: »
    This post is a voting one to determine if we remove the week 17 fixtures schedule.

To do so I propose removing week 13 from the regular season fixtures and moving to a 12 game regular season with two week semi and final games

If you are in agreement with this please thank the post and if there's a majority supporting this post we'll move to a 12 game season

Sounds good, thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,879 ✭✭✭D3PO

I agree with eagle eye with only 4 making playoffs a 12 week season is too short.

for me 13 week regular season then 2 week semi (to give the best teams a chance to recover from a possible 1 monster performance so that something like that doesn't take them out of it before they at least get a shot for the title.

Followed by a 1 week final in week 16.

Brinty my suggestion is pm all 12 members and see what the response is to removing week 17 from calendar. We need to determine if majority support this first.

If as I suspect this is agreed (probably unanimously) then we can agree on how long the regular season should be 12 or 13 weeks.

Once thats locked in it leaves us with our format if 12 weeks is voted in or with 2 options if 13 weeks is voted in. If its the latter then we can thrash out which of the 2 options (2 week semi 1 week final or visa versa is favoured by the league.

It's great to look at this and the different options for changing. To my mind the problem that needs to be addressed is that the championship rounds include gameweeks that see starters benched and some weird and wonderful stuff going on with selections.

I'm not opposed to a move to a 12 week regular season as I don't think there is any real difference or impact on gameplay.

Tldr; thanks for the suggestions and looking forward to seeing changes that will help make the league even better.

Hey folks, how are we all doing. Time is counting down to football season again, so just reaching out and asking if we're all back in for the 2019 season.

Think 2018 was quite than normal so hopefully we'll return with a bang.

Can everyone confirm through dm or respond to this if they're returning for 2019. And if there's a my changes people might like let me know.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,851 ✭✭✭Spongey1975

Yep I'm in

• Registered Users Posts: 36,312 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Back in

Back and ready to roll again

• Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭Limpar

Back again!

Back

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭Blue Shamrock

Back again

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭Doogs27

I'm back to defend the title.

Probably not with Eli Manning this time though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,546 ✭✭✭Masked Man

In

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭billr67

Doogs27 wrote: »
    I'm back to defend the title.

Probably not with Eli Manning this time though.

Please please go with Eli......

I'm back too!

• Registered Users Posts: 36,312 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Hey, see this hasn’t been activated as of yet and I think I’m going to step out as I’m realising I’m over committing in general on fantasy. As this is the only league I have on ESPN and given the time consuming nature of IDP it’s an easy one to drop.

Apologies, thanks for having me last year and good luck with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭DM1292

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    Hey, see this hasn’t been activated as of yet and I think I’m going to step out as I’m realising I’m over committing in general on fantasy. As this is the only league I have on ESPN and given the time consuming nature of IDP it’s an easy one to drop.

Apologies, thanks for having me last year and good luck with it.

I don't mind taking your place, I've been looking to join a Dynasty league if that's okay with the league Commish?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭BigBadRob83

I'm out too guys, basically same reason. Can't find time to give this the attention it needs, especially with IDP

DM1292 wrote:
    I don't mind taking your place, I've been looking to join a Dynasty league if that's okay with the league Commish?

Thanks DM1292 you're in

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭DM1292

brinty wrote: »
    Thanks DM1292 you're in

Hi Britny,
    I'm conversing with you through PM but it says your inbox is full. Anyway, I'll write back here:

No worries. If it's free of charge I don't mind playing.

DM1292 wrote:
    No worries. If it's free of charge I don't mind playing.

Sorry dude, I'll clear space, yep you're in

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,055 ✭✭✭Guffy

Smattering of interest in a cash startup league if there's any interest here..

https://touch.boards.ie/thread/2058000394/1/#post110848064

Advertisement