Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

American Restoration

Options
  • 26-06-2012 7:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,599 ✭✭✭

Does anyone here watch this? It's on the history channel. I prefer it to Pawn Stars and Storage Wars because it seems more genuine than storage wars and they don't seem to rip people off like they do in Pawn Stars. The stuff that comes into the shop is pretty awesome imo.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Dymo

I like it, not as much as I though I would. I thought they would show the process of restoring the items in more detail but seem to be concentrating on stupid side stories and when these guys aren't actors it doesn't really work that well. But the finished products are usually great. It's not cheap to get the items restored but at least Rick is upfront about it.

If you like this show you'll probably like "Storage Wars" or "Auction Kings" two more cheesy america shows with the mix of interesting topics thrown in.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,327 Mod ✭✭✭✭fergal.b

I like to see the work getting done and seeing the finish job but I don't think I'd let his son and his mate near anything :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

Watch it a bit, also dropped in to the shop while in Vegas last month.

Got a tour of the workshop and saw Rick recording. Interesting enough and better than the walk through of the Pawn Stars shop.

Advertisement