Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Doggy Baths

• 26-06-2012 7:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭

I was just wondering how often should I wash my dog.I tend not to unless she is a bit wiffy :D.
    She is an indoor dog but gets a fair bit of exercise but I tend to wipe her down with unfragranced baby wipes rather than give her a bath .
    When I do bath her I use Johnsons baby shampoo because I figure if its ok for babies its ok for my furry baby :D.
    Am I right in thinking that its not good to wash dogs too often because it takes all the natural oil out of their coats?.
    She just had a bath though and she's all shiny and lovely :D.
    Any thoughts or information will be gratefully received (unless you're giving out to me :D ) :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40 SpyderCats

HI :)

I wash my dog about once a week, he's a house dog also but is fairly fluffy and tends to get a bit smelly :D I use puppy shampoo as its really gentle on his skin and have never had any skin problem.

If you do decide to get a doggy shampoo make sure you dilute it, something I was informed of recently, I never read the instructions :o

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭Salt001

SpyderCats wrote: »
    HI :)

I wash my dog about once a week, he's a house dog also but is fairly fluffy and tends to get a bit smelly :D I use puppy shampoo as its really gentle on his skin and have never had any skin problem.

If you do decide to get a doggy shampoo make sure you dilute it, something I was informed of recently, I never read the instructions :o

Thats why I use the baby shampoo because its not so strong or smelly :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 453 ✭✭sotisme

Most dogs only need to be bathed every couple of months or so, unless they are dirty. Yes, you are right, washing them too much can remove the natural oils on their skin.
    Johnsons baby shampoo and dog shampoo are the two types of shampoo best for dogs. Once you don't use normal human shampoo you should be fine. Johnsons leaves them smelling lovely also:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭ABajaninCork

I bathe mine every two weeks. Any longer than that, then his coat gets very greasy looking.

I use Tropicana. Nice and gentle and it's the best for his skin.

Advertisement