Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Repeat? With a new subject?

• 26-06-2012 7:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

So I've did the whole college thing for a year and hated it. Didn't even sit my exams. It just wasn't for me. I'm not the smartest but I try my best. I am highly considering going back to school. I did my leaving cert in June 2011 which was only last year. I'm not repeating everything but considering English, Home Ec, and possibly taking up a science subject, maybe Biology. Any advice? :confused:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭iMMer5ion

bishbosh wrote: »
    It just wasn't for me. I'm not the smartest but I try my best. I am highly considering going back to school. I'm not repeating everything but considering English, Home Ec, and possibly taking up a science subject, maybe Biology. Any advice? :confused:

Well, why do you want to repeat? For higher points? For a different course?
    Why wouldn't you do all of your subjects, surely you couldn't use the results from your first LC of some subjects and add them to next years English, Home Ec and Biology? I wouldn't think that's possible.:confused:
    Biology is quite a large course to do in one year. It would probably be a good idea to start looking at it over Summer, as your class will be half-way through the course.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Johnny Cage

I repeated it this summer as an external candidate and i honestly wish i hadn't wasted my time as i was never motivated to study, If you are gonna repeat you need a clear goal to motivate yourself otherwise like me you will probably do worse than the first time you sat it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 101 ✭✭amyleaving

not to be rude .. but why would you bother doing the leaving again ? if your not motivated now , like you didn't even sit the exams you won't be next year! maybe you would be better just trying to find a job now..

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭Angel8ie

All the science subjects are going to be pretty tough to do in one year. And they're fairly challenging if you have no background

Advertisement