Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Can anyone recommend any Christian clubs around Dublin?

• 26-06-2012 8:02pm
    Site Banned Posts: 46

Just Clubs for young adults like me (23) to hang out and talk to other Christians. I feel lately like my circle of Christianity is quickly getting smaller, and it's sad. Atheism is a dark cloud which has befallen our people and people are forgetting God.

Please, is there a club or society in Dublin anywhere I can meet people my own age who are Christians. Thank you and God bless.

PS: Note to Atheists, don't bother answering. Don't answer with a snotty smart Alec answer like "Go to Church". Cheers.God Bless.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,082 ✭✭✭OU812

one4on wrote: »

PS: Note to Atheists, don't bother answering. Don't answer with a snotty smart Alec answer like "Go to Church". Cheers.God Bless.

not a very "christian" remark to make...

Anyway, I'm sure there are some, perhaps speak with your pastor/priest I believe I read you were COI elsewhere. AFAIK there is a social element to this church which serves to fill this purpose. BTW, I don't agree that Atheism is a dark cloud, it's a choice, unlike the religion given to you by your parents.

Otherwise, I'm sure a quick check on the various social media outlets will come up with something - a quick google came up with this for a start.

• Site Banned Posts: 46 one4on

OU812 wrote: »

Anyway, I'm sure there are some, perhaps speak with your pastor/priest I believe I read you were COI elsewhere. AFAIK there is a social element to this church which serves to fill this purpose. BTW, I don't agree that Atheism is a dark cloud, it's a choice, unlike the religion given to you by your parents.

Otherwise, I'm sure a quick check on the various social media outlets will come up with something - a quick google came up with this for a start.

Atheists tend to bash religion

Actually, I've found that most atheists don't give a toss about religions, it tends to be the religious who lack the understanding of other views, but whatever, we should all just get along.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 899 ✭✭✭djk1000

Dude, go to church. The questions you're asking on here are best discussed with your priest/pastor, they'd also have a good idea of what clubs are around. It seems like you're feeling alone with your faith at the moment and boards probably isn't the best place to be. Us athiests have an awful habit if sticking our noses in the Christianity forum!

• Registered Users Posts: 786 ✭✭✭qrrgprgua

Try the Taize group behind Pro-cathedral. Small chapel. They meet every saturday evening.

They have 2 retreat houses in glendalough.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭mdebets

qrrgprgua wrote: »
    Try the Taize group behind Pro-cathedral. Small chapel. They meet every saturday evening.

They have 2 retreat houses in glendalough.
    If you mean the one in St. Kevin's Oratory, they moved to St. Paul's on the Quays some while ago, but I can recommend them, together with the other Taize groups around Dublin.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭Onesimus

Why are people trolling this poor fellas thread? Just leave him be.

One4on I would invite you to stick around here. It is usually not a bomb site of trolling as it has been today. I apologize for your first experience here on boards, it is not always like this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

Alternatively you can find a church that has refreshments and chat after Sunday service where people can chat and socialize. St Marks on Pearse St and DEC Dunlaoghaire both do this. DEC do a lunch during the week

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,479 ✭✭✭✭philologos

Do you go to university? - If so, get involved with your Christian Union on campus. I did and I never regretted it. In fact, it was the best decision I ever made while at university. Other than that, this may be a smart alec answer, but there are churches with younger demographics in Dublin with good Biblically focused teaching. I know of a few and if you PM me, I'd be more than happy to give my recommendation.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 8,490 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fluorescence

He's a serial, re-reg multiple sitebanned troll. A question worth asking though. My aunt swears by Youth 2000

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,257 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

He's a serial, re-reg multiple sitebanned troll. A question worth asking though. My aunt swears by Youth 2000

Hah! I knew it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 676 ✭✭✭HamletOrHecuba

one4on wrote: »
    Just Clubs for young adults like me (23) to hang out and talk to other Christians. I feel lately like my circle of Christianity is quickly getting smaller, and it's sad. Atheism is a dark cloud which has befallen our people and people are forgetting God.

Please, is there a club or society in Dublin anywhere I can meet people my own age who are Christians. Thank you and God bless.

Pray, ask God directly to spend people to you. He always does.

• Registered Users Posts: 676 ✭✭✭HamletOrHecuba

Why isnt it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Plowman

This post has been deleted.

Why isnt it?

I was of the understanding Christianity features understanding, empathy & forgiveness as integral parts of the makeup.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,245 ✭✭✭✭Fanny Cradock

BTW, I don't agree that Atheism is a dark cloud, it's a choice, unlike the religion given to you by your parents.

That is quite an uncharitable remark. Why would you assume that religion was forced upon HamletOrHecuba (someone who I can't say I ever agree with)?

BTW, I don't agree that Atheism is a dark cloud, it's a choice, unlike the religion given to you by your parents.

That is quite an uncharitable remark. Why would you assume that religion was forced upon HamletOrHecuba (someone who I can't say I ever agree with)?

I didn't assume anything. You assume I did. I was masking a statement based on the most popular form of joining a religion.

Advertisement