Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

**So, who got into Music at DIT**

Options
  • 26-06-2012 8:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 595 ✭✭✭

I done my audition and all that but unfotanately did not get in. I think it's not fair the way they just send you out a letter saying "we regret to inform you that you have been unsuccesful........"! They should tell you were you went wrong.
    I played classical piano, anyone who played piano what pieces did you play?
    Also, did anyone audition for RIAM Ba in Music Performance and what pieces did you perform? Still hearn nothing back from them.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭iLikePiano99

Hey!

Sorry about not getting into DIT! I'm only going in to 6th year in September so I obviously haven't auditioned for DIT or the RIAM yet...but I want to audition for the RIAM next year for a BA in music performance with Organ. Just out of curiosity have you heard anything back from them? did you get in? Piano is really , really, really competitive there and in DIT - I know some of the people doing the BA in performance course at the moment in DIT and RIAM and seriously, it's scary how good they are - so I wouldn't be too bummed down about not getting in to DIT/or the RIAM (depending on whether you've heard back from them or not!) - that's one of the main reasons I want to do Organ because 1. it's not as competitive as piano and 2. there has never been an organ student doing the BA performance. If you don't get in to RIAM what is your third choice? :) Good Luck!

Advertisement