Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vodafone Router

• 26-06-2012 8:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 652 ✭✭✭

Ok so we used to be on Vodafone broadband and it was "ok" I suppose, a bit slow but not too bad. We switched to eircom and got a faster package, but we kept the Vodafone Huawei HG556a router. For the past 2 months or so, the internet has cut out about 5 times a day, which is extremely annoying. When I plug out the router for about 30 seconds and plug it back in and let it boot up, it works fine again for a few hours..until it cuts out again. Before I go attacking Eircom, does anyone know if this is down to the Vodafone router or what?

What's more, the wireless on the PS3 stopped working suddenly about a month ago, and only works when plugged directly into the router.

Finally, even though we are now with Eircom, the SSID on the PS3 still says Vodafone_29 or what ever, and on my iPod the connection still says Vodafone, but my dad has said that Eircom said this isn't a problem.

So basically, do you think getting a new router could solve the problem? Any answers would be greatly appreciated!

Advertisement