Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Single's Sun holiday

Options
  • 26-06-2012 8:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8,199 ✭✭✭

I've never been on a sun holiday and most of my mates are settled now and can't go (read "not allowed" to go). I'm mid 30's and would like to head away somewhere warm and sunny. I might not get to do it until later in the year, or even during the winter.

Are there any tour operators or anything that organise sun holidays for singles? I'm probably not going to want to be out drinking all day every day and night, but probably a few nights out at least.

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 698 ✭✭✭okiss

I think that thetraveldepartment.ie or pabtours.ie offer single rooms as part of there holiday packages.
    Are you just interested a a sun/beach holiday or do you want a holiday were you have some places you can visit easily on your own?
    How much do you want to spend as a lot of holidays have a high supplement if you are a lone traveler.
    I have done a bit of solo traveling so you give me some more information I might have a few suggestions for you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,199 ✭✭✭G-Money

Some sightseeing would be good but I also want a few nights out, late ones preferably. Budget wise, I'm not sure how much I'm willing to spend, up to a grand maybe.

• Registered Users Posts: 698 ✭✭✭okiss

I would price a package holiday to find out the cost of going on your own.
    I would look up a few travel guides also to get some ideas. I know a few people who went to Barcelona and they really liked it. Nice and Cannes are nice also and traveling around by bus there is cheap.

I would look up skyscanner.ie to get the cost of flights, for accommodation I would look at booking.com, hotel.com or www.travelrepublic.ie or agoda.com.
    If you are flexible re dates you can save yourself money. Also before booking your accommodation check the prices on all the sites for the hotel you want on the same dates - I saved myself €200 by doing this on one holiday I took.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 deirdre77

Did anyone try get a group together to go on holidays or long wk ends for singles... alot of us out there i bet :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,671 ✭✭✭GarIT

deirdre77 wrote: »
    Did anyone try get a group together to go on holidays or long wk ends for singles... alot of us out there i bet :)

Boardsie holiday, sounds like a great idea, id be there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13 deirdre77

GarIT wrote: »

Boardsie holiday, sounds like a great idea, id be there.
    U should try get it going wud need alot more responses me thinks!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Allena

New to this Forum and I'm in the same boat......most of my friends are in relationships or money is to tight so they are not interested in heading away............let me know if anyone is organising something

• Registered Users Posts: 8,671 ✭✭✭GarIT

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭badge1123

You ever find anything out about this? I'm looking for something like this.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,705 ✭✭✭endofrainbow

badge1123 wrote: »
    You ever find anything out about this? I'm looking for something like this.

Um this thread is 7 years old......

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,121 ✭✭✭✭Jimmy Bottlehead

Quite lovely to think some of the above have found love in the meantime :)

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭badge1123

Um this thread is 7 years old......
    😂😂 i seen that but I was just wondering if there was any tips or whatever. Need something like that myself now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭CPTM

If you're in any way active, I'd recommend a surf holiday. Loads of solo travellers do it, and it's a good mix of sun, sea, sand, exercise, meeting other single people and having food and drinks at night. I went with The Surf Experience in Lagos Algarve, run by two Toby's who've run it since the early 90s. Very chilled and no pressure to do anything. The instructors handle all kind of surfers from absolute beginners to advanced. But there's loads of similar places around and they're all pretty similar

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭ShauntaMetzel

You can travel to the middle east like UAE, Marraco, Qatar. Another option could also be an option. By the way, Europe is also caught by a heatwave. I don't think summer is the right season to explore sunny places in the world.

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭mlem123

There's a great yoga and surf hostel in Cascais near Lisbon called the Salty Pelican and they do packages and there were a lot of solo travellers there (including me).

I'm having the same issue with my group of friends, people don't have holiday days, or they have things planned with partners etc so I've kind of had to embrace solo travel.

Hostelling has led me to not feel lonely on the road.

Advertisement