Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Retail and Customer Management

• 26-06-2012 8:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11

Hi Guys, I was just wondering if there is anyone who could give me information about Level 7 Retail and Customer Management in GMIT. I have applied for it on the CAO but find it hard to find out information about it e.g. career prospects, hard or easy etc. I have also applied for Applied Social Studies in Social Care in LIT under Level 8 but I have received negative feedback and I am very confused to which course to do.

Comments

Don't do it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

There's email addresses for every course co-ordinator. Click this link and use the email links in the bottom right of the page.

I tell everybody who isn't sure whether they want to do a course 2 things:

-If you don't want to work hard and make something of the minimal degrees GMIT give in comparison to universities don't bother. Possible employers aren't going to hire somebody who scrapes passes.

-If you aren't sure you'll commit 3 years to something don't waste your money.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,301 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

Twink555 wrote: »
    Hi Guys, I was just wondering if there is anyone who could give me information about Level 7 Retail and Customer Management in GMIT. I have applied for it on the CAO but find it hard to find out information about it e.g. career prospects, hard or easy etc. I have also applied for Applied Social Studies in Social Care in LIT under Level 8 but I have received negative feedback and I am very confused to which course to do.
    All id say is that the retail sector is in a sharp decline so opportunities are very limited, having a degree behind you will be a help but really most companies promote from within their own business in my experience so i would swerve it. I was a retail manager for 6 years and that was after 4 years in the company before that.

Advertisement