Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Your video game library

Options
  • 26-06-2012 8:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭

I am going guess that there are a few people on this forum that have quite a large collection of video games. I have a decent collection but not massive. I do like to catalogue my collection though, just to keep track of what I have and where. I can't be the only one who feels the need to do this.

I'm just wondering what people out there are using to do this. I personally use Gamepedia, a fully customisable database for storing details on your collection. I think it is pretty great because you can add any detail you think of and it will allow you to use your Amazon account to automatically fill in details. It is a Mac OSX application only though.

Is there anything else out there that I might have missed? I've tried online sites like Backloggery but that site is really, really badly designed.

On the other hand do many people still hold onto their games or do you buy a game and trade it against the latest release?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,131 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I just have all mine in a spreadsheet from when I was bored at work one day so did up a list. :) Different tab for each of PS3, PS2, GameCube, Wii and PC. Then a tab with summary. Didn't include portables.

I just keep all my games. Looking very nice in the top 2 shelves of my bookcase. :D Think only time I got rid of old was when upgrading from GBA to GBA SP.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

I am too busy playing damn games, no time making lists!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭saiint

heres my gamelist :D

fifa12

, done :)

sadly i am terrible for gambling and smokes, i lose me money on a horse, i trade in me games, buy smokes out of the trade in, get paid from part time job,
    repeat. :)

like this fifa 12 game, ive traded it in 6 times in the past 4 months haha

• Registered Users Posts: 2,770 ✭✭✭FortuneChip

saiint wrote: »

So it's you that's skewing the weekly charts!

That said, I've done similar!

At the moment my games consist of
    Dark Souls, Demon's Souls, Black Ops, Reckoning: Kingdoms of Amalur,
    Final Fantasy X
    & Vagrant Story

So it's you that's skewing the weekly charts!

That said, I've done similar!

At the moment my games consist of
    Dark Souls, Demon's Souls, Black Ops, Reckoning: Kingdoms of Amalur,
    Final Fantasy X
    & Vagrant Story

to be honest it probably is me haha

i had dark souls twice last yr in the space of a month ha
    loved that game, might buy it again ha

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

heres my gamelist :D

fifa12

, done :)

sadly i am terrible for gambling and smokes, i lose me money on a horse, i trade in me games, buy smokes out of the trade in, get paid from part time job,
    repeat. :)

LMAO I am nearly the same, I gamble etc. in hopes to win money to afford new games... Sadly never works :rolleyes: ... Trade in most games when I am done with them then rebuy them months later at a knock down price...

LMAO I am nearly the same, I gamble etc. in hopes to win money to afford new games... Sadly never works :rolleyes: ... Trade in most games when I am done with them then rebuy them months later at a knock down price...

sadly mate no matter what way we look at it, we still lose money ha

• Registered Users Posts: 29,131 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I am too busy playing damn games, no time making lists!

I was at work when I did mine, so wasn't cutting into my more important time. :D

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Have about 30 Xbox/XBLA games
    254 Steam Games
    14 Origin Games
    40-50 boxed PC games/Other download service
    About 20 DS
    10 PSP

Never really bother noting it all though, would take ages.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,234 ✭✭✭Mr Bloat

I've said this before; Apart from my Steam games and a few treasured Xbox ones, my game collection is on full public display in the secondhand section of Gamestop Ballincollig. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,547 ✭✭✭Agricola

Yeah I wish I still had all those Atari, Sega, PS1 & 2 games, not to mention the dozens of Ps3 games I have traded in over the years. The only collection I have that is extensive is the PC as those cannot be traded in!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,447 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Have about 1000 games I'd say. No room for them though so I have to put the ones I've beaten in the attic. I keep track of what I haven't beaten in Backloggery. I'm closing in on 600 unbeaten games. I have a problem.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Completely forgot about my older games. I reckon I'd be hovering at the 500 mark so.

And yes retro, you have a problem. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

I only buy 2 or 3 games a year. Don't have time to play any more.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

Can't put a number on PC games since I've never counted, probably around 10 - 15, maybe 20.

If it's ROMs of the older generations then it would be over the 10,000 mark :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭JohnMarston

Keep doing that, gain infinite money. acquire more games

• Registered Users Posts: 26,400 ✭✭✭✭noodler

About 75 is all I would say I own of physical copies of games.

None of my pre-PS1 consoles or games were ever kept

• Registered Users Posts: 35,003 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

I tried cataloging over 1000 games before and it's a nightmare - don't bother!

Time is better spent assembling some bookcases and putting them all on display.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭sarumite

I have moved house so many times now that I am down to about 10-15 ps3 games, 2 ps2 games, about 6 DS games, 2 psp games as physical media. From now on I am trying to limit myself to as much digital distribution as possible as I don't have room to keep packing them up and moving them.

• Registered Users Posts: 361 ✭✭Cokeistan

About 50 PS3 games, if I hadn't traded in games in the past I'd have well over 200

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭penev10

CastorTroy wrote: »
    I just have all mine in a spreadsheet from when I was bored at work one day so did up a list. :) Different tab for each of PS3, PS2, GameCube, Wii and PC.
    Same as :D I also keep a record of how far I've progressed in each game, rough %.

I've had about 500 games throughout the years but have sold them, lost them, had them stolen, given them away etc. I have about 100 games left I reckon.

Space is the issue. When you have a family it's very hard to justify taking up a room with video games and Gundam models!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Chavways

Have about 30 Xbox/XBLA games
    254 Steam Games
    14 Origin Games
    40-50 boxed PC games/Other download service
    About 20 DS
    10 PSP

Never really bother noting it all though, would take ages.

This is the most shocking one.Most people only have 1 game on Origin.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

60 Steam games
    3 Origin games
    ~10 'other' PC games
    75 PS3 games
    15 Xbox 360 games
    10 Wii games
    75+ PS2 games

Plus a handful of PS1, portable and retro games

Seems a lot more when you put it in a list like that. Scary

• Registered Users Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭Ridley

134 Xbox 360 titles (plus three from Games on Demand).

Got over my inhibitions on owning second hand games from a shop with the 360 so it's easily my console with the most games. The titles on my main console - NES > SNES > N64 > GC > 360 - seem to have more or less doubled each time.
    On the other hand do many people still hold onto their games or do you buy a game and trade it against the latest release?

I'm a hoarder. Gave away the NES and Mega Drive when I was no longer playing them but that, in retrospect, was a mistake. I miss Totally Rad. :p No-one's getting my SNES. Maybe when I'm dead.

The only time I've ever traded a game in was to switch Marvel Ultimate Alliance from the Wii version to the 360. I dislike motion controls so very much.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,077 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

I had about 200 PS1 games and 250 PS2 games at one point, then i grew up, started working and realised it costs too much to hold onto the games so i traded everything in (staff in GameStop weren't too impressed when i rocked up with 250 PS2 games to trade in against a PS3!

Intend on building a gaming rig before the end of the year, so i'd imagine the catalogue will build up fairly fast in that.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,003 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

then i grew up, started working and realised it costs too much to hold onto the games .

How does it cost money to hold onto games?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

Started collecting PS2 games again now that they're only €1 or €2 each. Managed to find the likes of The Bouncer and Alien Hominid.

32+ PS2 games come to mind, I would have to check.
    91 games on Steam.
    6 PC games outside of Steam.
    38 PS3 games (and 20+ more downloaded games on the system itself)
    2 PSP games.
    4 PS1 games on disc.
    11 different Collector's Editions of games.
    Plenty of collectible statues, models and guides lying around too.

The part I'm especially proud of is that I still have my original copies of Final Fantasy VII, VIII, IX and X. I'm also quite fond of my Vault-Tec lunchbox.

I used to be mad for trading in when I was younger. I would regularly get a pre-owned PS2 game a week in Gamestop, complete it and then repeat. This went on for about a year until I eventually got a job. Then I didn't need to trade in anymore. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

I don't really have that many physical copies anymore. I used to have 100's of PS1/PS2 games (Chipped games... 3 for a tenner every sunday in jonesborough!). Still have my nes,snes and n64 games tho(And 30-40 PS3 games, and a few collectors edition for PC).

• Registered Users Posts: 14,077 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

o1s1n wrote: »
    How does it cost money to hold onto games?

I worded that badly, i'm teetering on bankruptcy so every € spared...
    I'm also quite fond of my Vault-Tec lunchbox.

Me too! And the bobble-head proudly on display in the middle of my mantelpiece!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

37 Xbox 360 Games
    23 PS2 Games
    13 PS1 Games
    About 40 NES and SNES games.
    And a handful of PC games.

Used to have a load more PS1 games, in the region of 100, but I was young and foolish and sold them when I got the PS2. Have decided I'm never selling games again, collecting everything from here on out.

Advertisement