Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Question about QSAT and Comreg

• 26-06-2012 9:21pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,619 ✭✭✭

I had QSAT installed last week on the 21st of June and signed up for the platinum package 6Mb download - 1Mb upload with a 15GB cap (€49.95pm)

The installation plus a modem cost ~€250

The service is brutal and I'm usually only getting 500kbps download.

I want to get QSAT to come and take away their stuff and refund me my money. I think I have 7 days under Irish law as a cooling off period, is this right?

They are being very sneaky on the phone and are trying to drag this out beyond tomorrow so it's obvious to me that they're up to something.

Can anybody direct me to the part of comreg's site I should be looking at if I need to get them involved.

Many thanks

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

Send a formal complaint to Qsat by EMAIL tonight. Make sure subject line says FORMAL COMPLAINT. Also make sure you cc consumerline@comreg.ie with the email and that Comreg have their copy of the complaint inside the 7 days this way.

You should get the correct email address in the Qsat Code of Practice or Complaint handling procedue in this link http://www.qsat.ie/terms-and-conditions or else try sales@qsat.ie

Crack one off, inside the 7 days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,619 ✭✭✭LaVail

Cheers spongebob

will send the emails now.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

Just make sure you are clear that you are exercising your distance selling rights.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,619 ✭✭✭LaVail

Sponge Bob wrote: »
    Just make sure you are clear that you are exercising your distance selling rights.

Yeah I was clear in stating I was within my rights as a consumer. I also sent a carbon copy to comreg.

Hopefully its resolved fairly easily and I can get my money back.

QSAT tried to drag it out beyond tomorrow and started spouting crap that the satellite in space would take some time to register me before I got the full speed. I knew they were telling lies and that's why I decided to cancel this before it's too long.

Thanks again for the email addresses and advice.

Advertisement