Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Scrapie Monitored Flock

• 26-06-2012 9:53pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 956 ✭✭✭

Does anybody have a Scrapie Monitored flock on here and what do ya think of it?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,142 ✭✭✭rancher

Does anybody have a Scrapie Monitored flock on here and what do ya think of it?

I see no advantage in it, afraid to give it up now after the trouble of getting it, do you genotype your pedigrees, dont't think there's much demand for that either

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 956 ✭✭✭Arrow in the Knee

Genotype best ram lambs. Don't genotype females or 'middle of the road' rams. Most sheep in flock are ARR/ARR.

I'm considering it but don't know the main elements of it.

Is it around €200 a year for a Veterinary Inspector from DVO to check the boundaries of the farm to gain Scrapie Monitored Status?

Genotype best ram lambs. Don't genotype females or 'middle of the road' rams. Most sheep in flock are ARR/ARR.

I'm considering it but don't know the main elements of it.

Is it around €200 a year for a Veterinary Inspector from DVO to check the boundaries of the farm to gain Scrapie Monitored Status?

I think the dvo likes to inspect in the first year but scrapie monitoring costs 100euro and we can use our own vet to inspect, he usually does it free if he's out on a call

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 956 ✭✭✭Arrow in the Knee

Do they want a sheep fence around all the boundary or will hedges and ditches suffice for a good bit of the boundary?

Do they want a sheep fence around all the boundary or will hedges and ditches suffice for a good bit of the boundary?

That would depend on who comes out, we only had sheep wire on about 50% of the boundaries but the ditches were good,

• Advertisement
Advertisement