Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

When did your morning sickness start?

Options
  • 26-06-2012 9:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭

I am wondering when does morning sickness usually start and how long does it usually last? Thanks ladies

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

It depends because some people never get it and others have it for their whole pregnancy.
    6 to 12 weeks are usually the worst for people though.

• Registered Users Posts: 398 ✭✭SupaDupaFly

Mine started bang on 6 weeks. None in my second trimester thank god!

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭CarMe

Mine started at about 5 weeks and lasted until about 14weeks, after that it was just moderate some days and fine others.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭cynder

From 5 weeks till labour. All day every day for my first.

Nausea from week 6 with my next two until I wad around 14 weeks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭easterbride

Thanks ladies!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭Rachineire

Mine started at 5 weeks and finished at around 10 or 11 weeks....more like all day sickness! lots of tuc crackers and 7 up! (morning sickness was also how I copped on to being preggo!)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭cyning

From about 4 weeks untill well im 38 weeks now: most people it subsides by 12/14 weeks: and a lot don't seem to get it at all :)

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭DollyB

I was very lucky and didn't get any bar 3-4 times.
    But I know people who have had it all the way through there pregnancy. I'm praying I don't get any in these last two months as it can start at any time.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,260 ✭✭✭Mink

I think I started to feel nauseous around 6.5/7 weeks but I never got sick, just felt travel sick & went off a lot of foods. I had to basically change my diet as wasn't interested in any of the things I was normally interested in. Didn't eat chocolate or have coffee or salads for ages.

It gradually went back to normal from 10 to 14 weeks

I was extremely lucky :D

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭Nicky987

Hi, I felt just nausea from about 6 weeks & now I'm 9 weeks and this last week I've been sick about 2 times a day :-(

Hope it stops soon and doesn't carry on thru the whole pregnancy!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭Vel

6 weeks to 20 weeks on this pregnancy, my third, and I've started throwing up again in the evenings since last week, although not to the same extent as the early days.

It was the constant nausea that killed me more than anything and luckily that has stayed away since 20 weeks

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

I never got it at all during my pregnancy. something like 16% of women get morning sickness

• Closed Accounts Posts: 945 ✭✭✭Squiggler

I'm another of the lucky ones, second pregnancy and no morning sickness in either.

Advertisement