Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Housemate agreement

• 26-06-2012 10:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭

Not sure if this has been done but after watching few The Big Bang Theory and the whole Leonard Hofstadter and Sheldon Cooper and their crazy housemate agreement: it got me thinking what weird and unusal agreement did you have with your housemate?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭MistyCheese

That they wouldn't ask me to watch The Big Bang Theory.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 363 ✭✭Icarus Wings

"First rule of the housemate agreement, never ever speak of the housemate agreement".

Seems that one's gone out the window just now...

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭Chips Ahoy

If someone walks into to the kitchen and doesn't dance you get to throw that persons milk down the sink.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,166 ✭✭✭Fr_Dougal

Don't bang the staff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,806 ✭✭✭✭KeithM89_old

Roommates shall give each other 12 hours notice of impending coitus.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

video in the shower was ok, but no audio
    they were really embarassed about their singing voice

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,154 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

We had a rule that if Chris Smalling ever scored for Man United, my flatmate would buy everyone present an ice-cream. The former finally scored one day. I was in making a cup of tea at the time. When I heard the commentators announce Smalling as the scorer I raced back into the living room to demand the deal be honoured, only to see an empty seat where my flatmate had been sitting. Seconds later I hear the front door shut; he was already on his way down to buy Magnum Ghanas for all. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,867 ✭✭✭Tonyandthewhale

What's the crazy housemate agreement?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Sky King

I have a rule that my lodgers are not to be complete gee bags and for the most part they;re grand about it but one of them flouts the rule consistently.

He is fermenting 3 week old gravy down there as I type. Live.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭Where To

I have a few groundrules:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭Feathers

Neil3030 wrote: »
    We had a rule that if Chris Smalling ever scored for Man United, my flatmate would buy everyone present an ice-cream. The former finally scored one day. I was in making a cup of tea at the time. When I heard the commentators announce Smalling as the scorer I raced back into the living room to demand the deal be honoured, only to see an empty seat where my flatmate had been sitting. Seconds later I hear the front door shut; he was already on his way down to buy Magnum Ghanas for all. :D

Nice, I thought you were going to say he legged it moments before he scored so no-one would be present :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,958 ✭✭✭Mr_Spaceman

I need an urgent 'Housemate Agreement' consisting of roughly the following:

Me: "You're a lurking bunny boiler, I don't like anything about you, there's the front door - pack your bags and use it."

Housemate: "OK, fair enough"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭wilkie2006

KeithM89 wrote: »

With each other?!! :eek: If my flatmate issues me with 12 hours' notice am I obliged to suck him off? God, I hope he doesn't read boards...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,916 ✭✭✭shopaholic01

Keeping you awake?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,846 ✭✭✭Fromthetrees

ALWAYS close the door when your going number 2 and wear more than socks walking around the place.

Such up tight weirders. :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,263 ✭✭✭Gongoozler

I'd have plenty to write into an agreement. I'm sorry I didn't write one before mine moved in. But then you can't cover all the basics, like, take your turn to buy the fudging loo roll.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,631 ✭✭✭Aint Eazy Being Cheezy

Bet you neither of you ever had to do this :D

Enjoy your hols?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,228 ✭✭✭podgemonster

Every morning when having breakfast together we all must sing the chorus of Jaime Foxx's song Extravaganza!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

mtjm wrote: »
    Not sure if this has been done but after watching few The Big Bang Theory and the whole Leonard Hofstadter and Sheldon Cooper and their crazy housemate agreement: it got me thinking what weird and unusal agreement did you have with your housemate?

Consideration for others on the Cloud skin is the main one I use

Advertisement