Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dog barking at one particular dog.

• 26-06-2012 10:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭

My dog is very well behaved most of the time.
    When she is relaxing after a hard days eh relaxing she sits at our front window watching the world go by :) .
    She would bark a little if she sees a dog out in the fields etc but there is one dog that drives her absolutely wild.
    He passes by with his owner on a lead on the opposite side of the road and she goes ballistic barking and growling .
    She has never come in contact with this dog :confused:.
    I swear she can sense when he leaves his house an is approaching ???.
    She gets on very well with dogs that she meets out and about,she actually tends to ignore them by and large being too intent on whatever mission she is on at the minute ie. chasing a ball or a smell or my husband :).
    But I have no idea why she acts like she does when she sees this particular dog.
    Anybody care to make a guess???. :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

My dog does this with two dogs around the corner that attacked him when he was a pup
    Maybe one day this happened to yours
    Or it's a territory thing that your dog only sees this dog as a threat

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,045 ✭✭✭✭tk123

On the flip site to it being territorial/chasing the other dog away..Maybe your dog wants to 'talk' to the other dog- my dogs friend barks out the window at him when he passes and my guy barks back to him! :pac: So a little JRT standing in the window and a GR out in the road lol - any day now I'm expecting somebody on that road to come out and ban us from walking down it anymore - if it's not his friend he's barking at it's that cats that give him the evil eye from their bin watch towers! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭Salt001

tk123 wrote: »
    On the flip site to it being territorial/chasing the other dog away..Maybe your dog wants to 'talk' to the other dog- my dogs friend barks out the window at him when he passes and my guy barks back to him! :pac: So a little JRT standing in the window and a GR out in the road lol - any day now I'm expecting somebody on that road to come out and ban us from walking down it anymore - if it's not his friend he's barking at it's that cats that give him the evil eye from their bin watch towers! :p

Don't mention the cat word please.
    The cats round here have figured out that the dog can't get through the window at them so basically they stroll by giving her the kitty version of two fingers :D

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭Salt001

My dog does this with two dogs around the corner that attacked him when he was a pup
    Maybe one day this happened to yours
    Or it's a territory thing that your dog only sees this dog as a threat

She has never been near this other dog at all :confused:
    Maybe passed by him once or twice on the opposite side of the road. The other dog did seem to lunge a little bit at her but nothing wild and was about a year or so ago.

Advertisement