Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mould on buggy

Options
  • 26-06-2012 10:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,693 ✭✭✭

Hi

I ve a cosatto baby gogo stroller buggy for my daughter and I love it. It is a great buggy.
    Buggy is only 1.5yrs old. It is well minded and clean. I remember daughter spilling ribena in it once and I did clean it after. We got caught in a rain shower about 2 weeks ago. As usual once home I brought buggy inside to dry before returning to boot. a week later I took it out of boot to find bright orange mould growing on it. I was disgusted. I have since washed and sprayed disinfectant spray on buggy and hoovered and also sprayed boot.
    I had buggy in boot for last 2days but I really think that mould was starting to grow back.
    It is not possible to remove cover but has anyone dry cleaned a buggy?
    Or can anyone recommend a spray that will kill the mould?
    Thanks for help!:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭iCosmopolis

If it's the regular nylon type material (one that won't bleach easily), I'd suggest giving the area another clean with dilute detergent and scrubby sponge, followed by a generous wipe down with dilute milton (only bleach will kill mold afaik, that being the gentlest one) and leave in good sunlight to dry, if we're lucky enough to get some, if not dry it quickly with a hair dryer - I got some from spilled latte/buggy cup holders not doing their job and it cleared it up,hope that might help :) (I cleaned a large area on the back outside part -not just a little spot)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

You can get a spray that kills the mould... dettol mould and mildew remover it's called.

You also have to make sure the buggy is completely dry after cleaning it. Any dampness at all will promote mould growth especially in a humid environment like the car boot.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭Mr.Wemmick

I agree re getting the buggy completely dry once you've cleaned it again. Don't store it folded up in the boot either as the fabric needs to breathe in fresh air. If we get any sun in the the next week or so, leave it out in the sun all day and do that regularly, if you can.

The Sun is a natural disinfectant and works wonders on all fabrics.
    You could also try asking the manufacturer if they have any cleaning advice for the buggy.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,693 ✭✭✭Lisha

THanks All for replies Mould and Mildew remover might stain fabric, but I think I will try milton. I have also mailed company and they are being helpful so that is great. I'm hoping I can dry clean it. Might sound like overkill but thats me:o
    I always remove it from boot after rain wetting and am careful to dry it properly.
    Nothing else is in boot apart from buggy so I am a bit disgusted , as I can be a bit paranoid about cleaning etc (OBviously not enough)

Thanks again

• Advertisement
Advertisement