Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sean Doyle windows

• 26-06-2012 10:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭

We are struggling to choose which company to go with... I guess it's between Sean Doyle and Gradys. There's a difference of about €1,500 between the two quotes (Doyles being cheaper). Does anyone know how they are so much cheaper??

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭galwaydude18

BadAngel wrote: »
    We are struggling to choose which company to go with... I guess it's between Sean Doyle and Gradys. There's a difference of about €1,500 between the two quotes (Doyles being cheaper). Does anyone know how they are so much cheaper??

Doyles windows are s***e and that's being quiet. My mother got them in one time and every single double glazed unit broke down within a few years. Some of the windows were replaced as they would not close. The level of finish on the window reveals was just toxic.

They replaced the exusting wooden windows with PVC ones.

The Schiller I went to got new PVC ones from Doyles as well and same story. A lot of the hinges on the windows bent on them and they wernt even abused.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 googleman

i have got windows in the past from Sean Doyles and i have no complaints at all and recently as well . their product is of high quality . with this in mind i would have no problem installing their windows in any of my houses

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭tred

googleman wrote: »
    i have got windows in the past from Sean Doyles and i have no complaints at all and recently as well . their product is of high quality . with this in mind i would have no problem installing their windows in any of my houses

My Parents have doyles, for 4 years now. fine windows. No problems.
    I have Grady joinery triple glazed. fine window too. Compare combined u values on both. Grady are only making a energy rated windows, i know that some of the other company's are still pricing B's.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Jayme

I'm surprised to see bad feedback about Doyles here. Got them twice (once for an extension and again for a front door replacement) and found them to be brilliant. Extension has been done now for 5 years and the front door for 4 and still no complaints.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,504 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Jayme wrote: »
    I'm surprised to see bad feedback about Doyles here. Got them twice (once for an extension and again for a front door replacement) and found them to be brilliant. Extension has been done now for 5 years and the front door for 4 and still no complaints.

You might think you're doing that supplier a favour but by dragging up a five year old thread and posting (in your case, for the first time in over eight years) to give them a positive rating, all you're doing is drawing attention to those negative reviews which before today had dropped into ancient boards history and which are now on the first page for all to see.

Let sleeping dogs lie.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13 rogdodge

I need help on windows also
    Previously got Munster for a new build, no problems great windows , sales man excellent, in 11 years now.
    Looking to replace windows in another house, Munster came back with a good price but the sales guy is a joke, wont answer phone, e mails or txts, going on for 6 weeks now
    Dalgan in Galway never turned up
    Gradys, had to nearly beg for a quote, don't come out unless we as good as agree to buy
    Season master, I sent 2 requests, rang them last week, still no idea
    Senator 2 quote requests, got 2 replys that a sales person will contact me., going on for 2 months.
    Carrabines, not in a million years
    Sean Doyle rang the next day after I requested, got the quote the day after, hear a lot of negative feedback on them though, whats peoples experience of them? any help greatly appreciated, my view is these people obviously don't need the work as most of them arnt one bit arsed to sell windows

• Registered Users Posts: 13 rogdodge

coylemj wrote: »
    You might think you're doing that supplier a favour but by dragging up a five year old thread and posting (in your case, for the first time in over eight years) to give them a positive rating, all you're doing is drawing attention to those negative reviews which before today had dropped into ancient boards history and which are now on the first page for all to see.

Let sleeping dogs lie.

No This is a great help to me thanks jayme

Advertisement