Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Steven Wilson and Porcupine Tree

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Somnus

That video was accompanying Routine when I saw him in Royal Albert Hall. Really fit it I thought. And all the Jess Cope videos are fantastic. She was actually there on the night too!

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,223 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Saw it was released earlier but forgot to watch it when I got home.

Wow, what an amazingly powerful video. Artistically incredible as well.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

Steve being Steve and releasing more music
    22nd January will see the release of a new Steven Wilson album “4 ½”, so titled because it forms an interim release between Steven’s recently released fourth album Hand. Cannot. Erase. and the next studio album.

4 ½ comprises 6 tracks with a total running time of 37 minutes. 4 of the songs originated during the sessions for Hand. Cannot. Erase., and one from the recording sessions for the previous album The Raven that Refused to Sing. The final track is a version of Don’t Hate Me, a song originally recorded by Porcupine Tree in 1998, and is based on a live recording made on the recent tour of Europe with additional recording later done in the studio. The vocals on this new version are sung as a duet between Steven and Ninet Tayeb.

https://www.facebook.com/StevenWilsonHQ/posts/1033283556691906

And that's fine by me :D

• Registered Users Posts: 21,385 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Would make sense with the tour at the same time. Looking forward to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Somnus

He played one of the tracks from it when I saw him in London, it was pretty good. Can't remember the title unfortunately

• Advertisement

4 ½ will be released by Kscope on CD, 180 gram vinyl, and blu-ray, with all formats housed in a beautiful die-cut sleeve photographed by Lasse Hoile and designed by Carl Glover. The blu-ray (audio only) edition includes high res stereo, a 5.1 mix of the album, and a bonus 5.1 mix of the new version of Lazarus (recently included on the Transience vinyl compilation). The vinyl edition will include a download code for the album in a choice of FLAC or mp3. The album will also be available digitally on 22nd January from iTunes, Amazon.com, Google Play & Apple Music.

Steven Wilson - "4 ½"

1. My Book of Regrets (9.23)
    2. Year of the Plague (4.15)
    3. Happiness III (4.31)
    4. Sunday Rain Sets In (3.50)
    5. Vermillioncore (5.09)
    6. Don’t Hate Me (9.34)

Think it was My Book of Regrets that was being played on the last tour.

Would make sense, obviously written for H.C.E.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Clacke

Just announced!!

@StevenWilsonHQ will play Dublin’s @olympiatheatre on 19th March 2018 Tickets on sale Friday #ToTheBone

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

New Song too

I really like it, Ninet is fantastic on it (as you would expect)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 431 ✭✭Vital Transformation

I'm chuffed with this news, half expected to see Ireland ignored again. This is his first gig in Ireland as a solo artist. He's also doing a Belfast date.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,005 ✭✭✭✭bnt

Tickets will be sold through See Tickets, here.

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

Nice. Really liked his last few solo albums.

• Registered Users Posts: 431 ✭✭Vital Transformation

I managed to get access to the fan presale. If anyone wants in, just PM me with your email and I'll send on the link.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,861 ✭✭✭RayCon

I managed to get access to the fan presale. If anyone wants in, just PM me with your email and I'll send on the link.

PM sent ... thanks in advance:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 805 ✭✭✭xerces

bnt wrote: »
    Tickets will be sold through See Tickets, here.

Thanks for this, I was able to get a presale ticket using this link on the morning they went on sale. Will be right up the front :D.

Thanks to Vital Transformation I got a seat in the 5th row on Nick's side, which is pretty much ideal for me. Nick Beggs is a major reason I want to see this band again, properly: both times I've seen them in the past, I've had poor seats far away and off centre. :D

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

Tempted to get tickets. Jaysus. Yay or Nay!

seachto7 wrote: »

Yay....comfortably

I'll be on my own. Not sure if Mrs Seachto7 would like it, but would be rude to buy just the 1!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,861 ✭✭✭RayCon

There is NO debate. YAY.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭rednik

Tickets arrived yesterday, no how long to the gig ;););)

I'll be on my own. Not sure if Mrs Seachto7 would like it, but would be rude to buy just the 1!

Never be rude, you won't be getting nagged sure ;)

Me on the other hand...

Standing sold out by the looks of it. I'll hold off until closer to the time, and someone might be moving one on...

I was at a seated gig upstairs before in the Olympia and it was ok, not great to be honest.

Standing sold out by the looks of it. I'll hold off until closer to the time, and someone might be moving one on...

I was at a seated gig upstairs before in the Olympia and it was ok, not great to be honest.

It's a fully seated show. My tickets are in the Circle but right down the front so hoping for the good view and sound now.

Ah right I see.

New song The Same Asylum As Before available through streaming services, starting here: https://stevenwilson.lnk.to/TSAABSO

I like it - it rocks, Steven's singing in a different (falsetto) register for some it, harmony vocals are strong, and there's some tasty guitar in there too. :D

Available on vimeo here

https://vimeo.com/219938739

I really like it on initial listening

High, high hopes/expectations for this album!

Another new song, I like it.

Some negative reaction on his Facebook because it's "not prog" :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Some negative reaction on his Facebook because it's "not prog" :rolleyes:

Comment 1, dislikes cos it's not prog and wants it to sound the same as other albums. He probably describes himself as ironic.

Advertisement