If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kitchen Hi Fi ideas.

Options
  • 26-06-2012 10:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭

Hi guys,
    I'm looking for a quote for a Denon DM38DAB or similar plus speakers. The system will be located in a kitchen (so tiled floors etc) also I will need the speakers wall mounted. What would you suggest/recommend?

I was thinking of q acoustic 2010i's,Cambridge S30's or at a push the DALI Zensor 1's, but I'm not sure how they would sound wall mounted.

Thanks guys.

Delivered to Co. Cavan.

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

bretttp1 wrote: »
    Hi guys,
    I'm looking for a quote for a Denon DM38DAB or similar plus speakers. The system will be located in a kitchen (so tiled floors etc) also I will need the speakers wall mounted. What would you suggest/recommend?

I was thinking of q acoustic 2010i's,Cambridge S30's or at a push the DALI Zensor 1's, but I'm not sure how they would sound wall mounted.

Thanks guys.

Delivered to Co. Cavan.

Brett,

apologies for the delay getting back to you..

OK the DM38 is just about to be discontinued so if you are getting one I'd get the order in asap - it will be replaced by a DM39 in late August / September and to be honest there is very little difference in spec - however there is a significant price increase to £249.95 from £189.95 :rolleyes:

The Dali Zensors are excellent value especially at just £179.95 and they just pop on the wall with a simple screw fixing. The S30's again are great and amazing value but they are a pig to wall mount as they don't have a fixing point on the rear - which means that you have to use a universal underbracket - however they are soo deep that finding a bracket is a nightmare AND they look crap as they are so deep - So if you want to 'flat on wall' mount I would go with the Zensor 1's - if you wanted to mount the speakers on a decent bracket off the wall I would go with the Monitor Audio BX1 at £199.95 - there is a dedicated bracket (the MASM) for them as well at £24.95/pair.

If you were buying the DM38 with the Zensor 1's I would do the system at £324.99 including delivery

If you were buying the DM38 with the Monitor Audio BX1 I would do the system at £359.99 including delivery (...and it would sound better :D)

Alternatively we also have the Pioneer XHM20 system available - this actually comes including speakers and honestly at £129.95 it sounds amaaaaaazing! and delivery on the XHM20 is just £12.95

http://www.pioneer.eu/uk/products/42/202/227/X-HM20DAB-K/index.html

x-hm20-k_1_gallery.jpg

Keep me posted!

ATVB,

John Mc

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭bretttp1

If you were buying the DM38 with the Monitor Audio BX1 I would do the system at £359.99 including delivery (...and it would sound better :D)
    [/QUOTE]

I presume this quote includes the wall mounts?

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

bretttp1 wrote: »

I presume this quote includes the wall mounts?[/QUOTE]

Is that the sound of my arm cracking whilst being twisted ????

....go on then..included ;)

Keep me posted,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

We're getting there John, as the dm38 is being discontinued and I see kenny offered the DM38 and bx1's for £329 previously I'm sure there's room for a little more negotiating. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,474 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Dave

Hi Brett.

Thanks for the reply.

I'm replying for John as he won't be around until after the weekend.

Unfortunately the DM38 may be coming to an end, but Denon have actually put the price up as stock is running low, so £359.99 with the brackets and delivery is the absolute best that we can do on this.

We do offer the pricebeat so if you can get these cheaper anywhere else, we'll beat it.

Cheers

Dave

• Advertisement

£350 ;) and its deal done.

PM sent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,474 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Dave

Hi Brett.

Sorry, I didn't get the PM.

£359.99 is the best price that we can do unless you can get it cheaper anywhere else.

ATB

Dave

Sorry PM resent. Not sure what happened there :confused:

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.