Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What if I go to ulster bank now to deposit money to my card. What happens?

Options
  • 26-06-2012 11:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,374 ✭✭✭

I've ordered something and I have to pay for it through Debit card. If I go into ulster bank now and deposit by giving them my card, etc. Would they deposit the cash right into my account(in the computer) straight away? Or would I have to wait for all the other priority transactions to clear before my deposit gets taken care of?

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

You'll have to wait, if you can, get something like the O2 money card to deal with online transactions until this disaster is dealt with.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,374 ✭✭✭LeakingLava

Stheno wrote: »
    You'll have to wait, if you can, get something like the O2 money card to deal with online transactions until this disaster is dealt with.

So if I come in, what would they do to the cash that I give them? They won't enter it through the system straight away? Would they just give me a receipt as always and that's it?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

So if I come in, what would they do to the cash that I give them? They won't enter it through the system straight away? Would they just give me a receipt as always and that's it?

Nope the systems are not updating in real time, so they will give you a manual receipt

I did this last Thurs, then withdrew the same lodgement last Fri as they could not guarantee when it would show up

tl/dr if you don't already have the money in your account don't try to use it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,539 ✭✭✭Hibernicis

What Stheno said appears to be correct unfortunatly. My brother deposited a substantial cash sum to my UB C/A on Monday morning in my own branch and there is no sign of it.

Advertisement