Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The effectiveness of prayer for an unbeliever.

• 26-06-2012 11:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14

First of all, can anyone please share their experience of praying for someone they know/care about and their salvation. I have been thinking a lot this past year about how effective our prayers are and how God chooses to answer or move through them. I want to remain faithful in praying for those around me but am seeking some encouragement right now to keep me going and to remind me that with God, all things are possible and there is hope. What is your experience with this? Or are you the person that was interceded for and how this help change your life? Please encourage me with your testimonies. Thanks

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 182 ✭✭Burt Lancaster

Its important not just to ask in prayer, but to keep asking with thanksgiving to God for what will be granted.

When my prayers have been answered it is often not in the way I expected, nor understood at the time, but only by looking back can I see how they were answered in accordance with God's will. Sometimes it has been several years later before I understood how they had been answered.

Paul writes when praying for others:

"I have not stopped giving thanks for you, remembering you in my prayers. I keep asking that the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the glorious Father, may give you the Spirit of wisdom and revelation, so that you may know him better." (Eph 1:16-17)

Paul kept on asking. Paul also encouraged to keep praying with thanksgiving.

"Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. (Phil 4:6)"

Advertisement